We just arrived back in the early hours after a 10 night stay at canarios park in callas. Wanted to give everyone my opinion of the hotel and it's facilities. We travelled as a family of three, myself, husband and our three year old daughter. My parents, older sister and niece came out later in the week to meet us. First of all we booked a speedy transfer so it only took around 45-50 mins, brill! When we arrived we was early so the room wasn't ready, but we was given our all inclusive bands and told we could use everything until the room became available, we only waited about an hour, this was perfect to have a drink, relax and find our way around the hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and noted a request for my parents to be placed near us when they arrived later in the week.
The room we was allocated was on the top floor (6) it was rather small but for what we used it for (shower and sleep!) it was all we needed. Beds were comfy and the room
was clean. The storage was a little limited but there was just enough for our clothes. The bathroom was a good size and nice and clean. Maid service everyday, and clean towels if needed. The balcony was a tad small but the sea/pool/town/mountain view was spectacular. The 'valley' In between the hotel and the town wasn't nice to look at at first but when we noticed all the goats in there we found them fascinating to watch.
The restaurant was open pretty much all day! It was only closed for an hour in between breakfast and lunch. Then after lunch u could get snacks (pizza, chips, fruit, bread, cheese and a hot meat option) snacks were also on after tea until 11pm! So it was literally
Impossible to be hungry. The variety at meal times was plentiful although it did get repetitive, as does any all inclusive hotel food. The quality was always good, and it was hot and tasty. The staff in there always kept the place spotless, clearing away plates and wiping up any spills around the buffet areas. There was constantly a man with a cloth and brush keeping everywhere clean!
There was two swimming pools, and one baby pool, all clean and areas kept tidy. (Unless you was an ignorant pool user and left
Rubbish and cups lying around everywhere!) The main pool was where we chose to spend most our time because the sports complex pool over the road was very busy and where all the animation games were going on which we wasn't really interested in joining in. At both pools there was lots of room for sun beds and although the hotel seamed very busy there was always room and spare beds lying around. At both pools there was lots of wasps, but we didn't seam to get bothered by them unlike people that couldn't be bothered to move cups with sugary drinks in which the wasps loved!! Pretty self explanatory if you kept ur area clean and binned cups they didn't bother you.
At both main pool areas there was bars, open 10:30- 00:00! (sports complex one only open during hours of pool opening) there was a huge variety of spirits, cocktails, beer, wine, sangria, milkshakes, and then serve yourself soft drinks, apple/orange juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, ice cream and slush. Wasps seamed to hangout there quite a lot tho so I sent my husband most of the time! We found the bar staff quite miserable, only a few of them made the effort to smile and acknowledge us when we thanked them.
The animation team did a good job, they were funny and tried really hard to entertain the guests, but to be honest sometimes we found the night time shows a bit poor. My daughter and niece loved the mini disco though! I do have to agree with another reviewer tho when they mentioned about the entertainment men commenting on peoples size when offering aqua gym to people by basically telling them they needed it, and when doing night shows there was always comments about people's size. I personally found this funny but could see how people could be offended. My daughter enjoyed the donkey rides but was disappointed she couldn't attend the mini club because she was too young :-(
There was free wifi, games, computers, shop, toilet, baby change and shower room. Nice and cool/quiet area to relax and cool off while checking email etc.
The town was around 15mins walk, there was a small beach around 5mins walk. You could get a free bus to the beach but it was easy enough to walk too and back too. That was nice there too. Not a great deal to do in the town but perfect for our three year old with small amusement park where she enjoyed rides and machines.
My only complaint About the whole holiday really was the lift, we was on floor 6 and if it wasn't for us having a child with a buggy we would've used the stairs all the time (we used the stairs when buggy not needed!) unfortunately there was people using them to get to floor 0/1 that could definatly of managed the stairs! This got quite annoying. Oh and the drunk people around the pool that couldn't look after themselves let alone there children got a bit annoying too! Apart from that it was a good break, definitely good value for what we paid. Would defo only recommend for families with small children. Couples/older people id recommend you look elsewhere. I have sun withdrawals already and wishing I was back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca