When we booked this holiday we thought it was a real bargain and how right we were. We stayed for a week and paid £1500 for a family of 4 in August, including transfers. Others are correct the transfer is hideous, if you have the money pay for a taxi. When we arrived at the hotel we were checked in immediately and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor looking over the pool and bar. It was small and basic but very clean and comfortable. Towels are changed as often as you would like, just leave them on the bathroom floor. The fan is noisy but it kept the room cool enough. There are two pools and plenty of sun beds but if you want a lot of space or a parasol you need to be up for 8am. We never bother with a parasol as we go abroad for the sun, not to avoid it. The children just put on their hats and a t shirt when it got too much or went inside for half an hour. The pools are clean and well maintained. The children had hours of fun making up games with lilo's and rings. Everyone was incredibly friendly and we had lots of fun with the families we made friends with. There was an incident where the pool was closed twice in one day due to a toilet mishap, but I think it was probably a small child or baby and accidents happen, it was a mild inconvenience not a major incident. The staff dealt with it without any problems. It gave us the opportunity to persuade the children to do something other than swim. For an all inclusive hotel I thought the variety and choice of food was excellent, apart from the pizza and salad I never had the same thing twice, there was plenty of it and as we ate at quieter times we never waited for a table. If there is a downside to this hotel it is having to wander around the restaurant to find your own table. The range of drinks for adults and children is excellent. Beer, wine, spirits, liqueurs, cocktails, juice, fizzy, slush, milkshake, tea and coffee. There is also plenty of ice cream which is self service.
The opening times of the restaurant are excellent, breakfast is 8-12, lunch 12.30-3, snack 3.30-6, dinner 6.30-9 and snack 9.30-11pm. The staff work very hard and are very friendly and helpful. Our girls didn't bother with the kids club but other children seemed to enjoy what was on offer. Bingo is an experience and we didn't pay much attention to the evening entertainment as we enjoyed getting to know other families, preferring to sit in a group chatting and laughing the night away. We made one visit into town for the usual tat for the kids, it is small but has everything you need, it's a 15 min walk or 1.50 on the local bus. We didn't go to the beach. We did go on an excursion to aqua land it was very expensive but worth every penny as our girls loved it. Most of the slides are 1.2m minimum height so we all went on everything. We requested a packed lunch from the hotel which was great as we hardly spent anything while we were there.
We may well be the chav's referred to in another post as there ended up being over 20 of us having fun in the pool and sat at a rather large table in an evening. If you go on holiday to quietly laze under a parasol this is not the hotel for you but then again if you are going to judge others make sure you can articulate your judgement with the correct spelling and grammar, poor grammar is the epitome of chav!!!! Our holiday was lots of fun and exactly what we made it. Thank you Canarious Park xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Canarios Park is especially focused on families, offering all kind of facilities and services to make the holidays unforgettable for both parents and children. All inclusive board, spacious areas to practice different sports and our fantastic entertainment team guarantee good fun. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Canarios Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Cala Antena (the closest one, 400 m away), which is distinguished by the verticality of its coast. The other 2 beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit, are located 400 m away from the village centre and 1,5 km away from the hotel (there is a free transport service to the beach Domingos Gran). In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but over the years has become more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with a cozy and up-to-date decoration. All of the rooms include a bathroom, ceiling fan, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony! Single rooms have a shower. There are some rooms that can allocate families with 2 children (on request). GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The extensive buffet includes a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a big variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive meal package includes (besides 3 main meals) snacks between meals and an assortment of different beverages! (Beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the whole day! FACILITIES: The hotel boasts of spacious terraces with 2 swimming pools for adults, and another one for children. The pools are surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is offered at both pools. Inside of the facilities there are large, cozy common areas, a game room, video arcades and an indoor bar. CHILDREN: Children enjoy their stay in HSM Canarios Park, as the hotel was designed with children in mind! They can play at the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by the hotel entertainers). Our funny mascot we call Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Baby cots and high chairs are also available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Various sports courts to practice tennis, football, volleyball, French bowls, squash, etc. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and mini golf in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your HSM Canarios Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Canarios Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- HSM Canarios Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca