“Pirate Cave adventure”

Acqua Life Dive Center S. L.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Acqua Life was established in 2010. We offer a full range of award-winning scuba diving services in one of the top ten dive destinations of the Mediterranean Sea. Our philosophy is quite simple: Personal attention, high quality trips, professional education, affordable prices and all the fun that is... Great Diving!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Pirate Cave adventure”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Fantastic afternoon spent snorkelling and exploring the pirate cave, nature at its best. Friendly staff and knowledgeable. A must do trip if you are staying here.

2 Thank poolecatnip

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“professional and excellence”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had never done scuba diving before but had desperately wanted to, I also took my 9 year old son, I must admit I was a little nervous about doing it in a foreign country and whether or not it would be safe but I was aware that PADI is regulated.
Honestly I cannot tell you how amazing these guys are... I met Ludo first who came to our complex (HMS Calas Park) to show us the equipment and let my boy try it out in the pool (highly recommended for kids) he was great very friendly and was great with the kids. On the day I met Julie who was also very friendly highly experienced and also great with kids. I met Cas who was my instructor and again a highly experienced instructor who was a great guy who immediately made you feel at ease. The experience was very precious to me and my boy and the photo's that Cas took were amazing, make sure you buy them you wont be disappointed. great work guys... will definitely come again!! Thanks"

4 Thank robbolewis
Castleford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great diving, great staff!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I are both certified divers but have never dived in the Med before so we decided to give it a go. Most of our dives have been in the Caribbean and we didn’t really expect there to be much to see around Majorca but we were wrong! I have the open water certification and had done 19 dives, my husband has advanced open water and had done 65 dives.
We walked from Callas De Mallorca complex to the dive centre and it was really easy to find. There we spoke to Cas and decided to go for our first dive that afternoon. We were both very impressed with the set up at the dive centre and how accommodating they were. Unfortunately my husband has lost his PADI card but the staff at the dive centre were happy to check his certification with PADI so he could still dive. The equipment at the centre was all in brilliant condition, better than most other places we have dived from.
We did not know beforehand that in Spain you cannot dive deeper than 12 meters without a medical certificate but the staff were happy to arrange for some shallow dives so we could still go out.
Our first dive was at Callas Domingos and it was a lovely dive. We saw two octopi, three rays and were followed by a school of fish for half of the dive. I would definitely recommend it.
We also did two dives at Calas Egos near Cala D’or and had a lovely day. In order to get to the first dive we walked down some steps from the top of the cliff and Cas was kind enough to carry my BCD and tank for me as I would have struggled a bit. We saw five octopi and a cuttlefish on the dives but the highlight was during the second dive when Cas spotted a seahorse! It was beautiful and it was also really good to see how excited Cas was about seeing it too.
I’d had a little bit of trouble equalising during the descent on the first Calas Egos dive so Cas changed the plan a bit so our second dive was a shore entry so it would be a bit more gradual and help me to equalise better. I really appreciated this.
The three dives we did were just me, my husband and Cas which was very nice as we could go at our own pace and diving with the same instructor can improve the experience as you get to know them a bit better.
I would definitely recommend the team at Acqua Life and we will definitely dive with them again next time we go.

2 Thank Kit B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba diving must do”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We wanted to do something different on our honeymoon so we decided to have ago at scuba diving great experience will definitely be going again. The only thing I wasn't pleased with was that one of the instructors wasn't at all sympathetic with people who wasn't as confident as some but other than that fantastic would recommend this to anyone

1 Thank Tony G
AcquaLife, Manager at Acqua Life Dive Center S. L., responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Tony,
Firstable, we would like to thank you very much for your review on trip advisor. The whole team at acqua life dive center works with the willingness to provide the best dive service as possible. We remember you and we also know that the day of your dive, the sea was a bit rough, we however have seen the first barraccuda of the season :-).
Your instructor might have been really focused about your safety in order to put the security at first. So the special situation of this day might have let you think that your instructor was not as friendly as you expected.
Thank you very much for your opinion and we appologize if your experience wasn't as good as expected.

I hope in the future you will give us another chance to change your opinion. Best regards.

The Acqua Life dive center team.
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dive, great staff!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A great Diving Center with a very friendly and helpful staff. Ask for Julie-she's a great diving buddy and a very professional underwater guide. She has really put all the effort to make my dive an unforgettable experience. Very worth visiting if you're planning to dive on the east coast.

3 Thank Krzysztof P