My 18 year old daughter and I returned from a week at this hotel on Monday, 4th June but only just posting our review as we both managed to pick up a tummy bug whilst there. I'm confident it wasn't the food, since we never ate the same things, and am inclined to think it was the ice in the drinks. When we arrived, after an almost three hour coach transfer from the airport, our first reactions were "we don't like it, let's go home" - there was music literally booming out round the pools, and bodies on loungers everywhere. However, after our evening meal, which was perfectly pleasant, and a good night's sleep, everything - especially the stunning views from almost every part of the hotel - seemed a lot better, and we found a terrace at the back of the hotel where you could sunbathe whilst overlooking the sea, and be shielded from the dreaded booming music.
- location: the hotel stands on a hill above the most beautiful beach with crystal clear turquoise water.
- hotel was clean and tidy and there was always plenty of hot water in the showers
- whilst far from fine dining, there was always something to eat and the fish was usually very good. If, like my vegetarian daughter, you couldn't find anything to eat in the main dining room, you could always fall back on the Pizzeria.
- fresh fruit available all day - a very nice touch.
On the downside:
- Swimming pools were VERY cold
- Entertainment was a bit hit and miss. The best during our stay was the Motown tribute band. The worst was the night the head of the animation team decided she would sing - a painful experience for everyone, atlhough you couldn't fault the enthusiasm of the team!
- Rooms look a little tired, but hey, you only use them to sleep in.
- Bar and restaurant staff weren't particularly friendly, and one older barman in particular was very grumpy
My top tips: don't have ice in your drinks, pay the extra for private transfers (the journey back to the airport in a taxi took less than an hour!) and take half an hour to throw some bread to the fish in the sea- it's a real treat to see them jump out of the water to get it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Mallorca, Calas de Mallorca.Its privileged location in Cala Domingos, theree swimming pools on the sea surrounded. The Hotel has a total of 351 rooms, distributed as follows: 66 single rooms, 138 doubles, 113 triples and 35 quadruple or families rooms. Sea view, Air Conditioning, Balcony, Satellite TV, SAfe (with charge), Telephone, Hairdryer, mini-bar, Disabled facilities, the hotel has WI-FI zoen and Internet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hotel Globales America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel America Majorca
- America Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Hotel America Mallorca
- Hotel America Calas De Mallorca
- America Calas De Majorca
- Hotel Globales America Majorca/Calas De Majorca