Globales America
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Globales Samoa(Calas de Majorca)
Hotel Valparaiso(Cala Murada)
  • Pool
Maria Eugenia(Peguera)
  • Free Internet
Eden Village Cala Domingos(Calas de Majorca)
  • Pool
Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
Sol Calas de Mallorca(Calas de Majorca)
View Hotel
Club Cala Romani(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cala Antena(Calas de Majorca)
View Hotel
Hotel Cala Murada(Cala Murada)
2,445 results
All reviewspool barpizzatoastiessea viewsaladevery nightfishuntil midnightgreat holidayfamily roomevening entertainmentanimation teammain restaurantbar staffplenty of choicea stones throwpool towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We are just back from a 7 night stay at the globales America hotel. We had a fantastic time.
We arrived at approx 1am so the all inclusive was finished but the reception staff gave my 3 year old a carton of juice which I thought was a nice touch. All the staff seemed to be really good with the kids. We stayed in the annex building, our room was ideal and we had a fantastic sea view.
Can't complain about the food, had no issues with sickness etc and there was a variety of drinks available. The pizzeria wasn't up to much late at night so I wouldn't recommend that.
The resort itself is really quiet and has the usual shops and small bars but I would definitely recommend the hotel and would stay again - even though the transfer is a nightmare! Looking around the area the hotel definitely looked like the nicest one there and probably had the best views. All in all we had a great time, gutted to be home!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was our second visit to this hotel and resort. We have never been back to the same resort, let alone the same hotel before, but my partner and I stayed here three years ago when we just wanted a quiet, relaxing week's break and we thought it was very good, so when we wanted to do the same again this year, we decided to return to Hotel America. We arrived at 3.30pm on 11th September, and there was a problem with overbooking. Several people were told they would have to be taken by taxi to another resort 20 minutes away for at least two nights. Fortunately we were eventually given a room, however this did not have a balcony, and the bathroom was very small with the tiniest shower cubicle we have ever seen, the curtain and shower tray were inadequate therefore when we used the shower, we flooded the bathroom. There was also a leak coming through the ceiling. Thankfully, we were given another room after lunch the following day which was very nice with a balcony and sea view, which is what the hotel boasts for every room in the hotel. We were disappointed that the reception staff did not apologise for the overbooking, in fact they blamed the travel agents. As different travel agents were involved, we did not agree this was the case. We find the food very good with a good selection of hot and cold food at every meal in the restaurant. There are snacks served as well at the pool bar from 10.00am to midnight - burgers, chips, toasties, salads, ice-cream, cakes and fruit. The pizzeria also opens at 6pm to midnight with fresh pizzas, pasta and salad. There is also a barbecue in the garden area at 6.30pm, and hot and cold drinks available all day from 10.00am to midnight at both the pool bar and hotel bar. We have read other reviews commenting that the food is luke warm, but this is generally the case in hotels abroad. Overall, this is the best all-inclusive hotel we have stayed in. The hotel itself, the grounds and pool area are very clean and tidy. The entertainment is reasonable, one night was a Jackson 5 type group singing 80's dance music, and another night a trip of girls The Divas (from LA) a tribute act singing Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, and Amy Whinehouse songs. The entertainment staff performed on other nights with dancing and quizzes - not always our cup of tea, but it's not compulsory to watch and you can go into town, or sit in the bar or lounge. The town is quite small but has a selection of shops, and restaurants and bars, some with karaoke and large screen tvs showing football matches. We took a bus to Cala D'Or, about 50 minutes away, and the glass-bottom boat to Porto Christo. The Caves of Drach are also in Porto Christo, which is half an hour by bus. The sandy beach is lovely in a picturesque bay setting. There are signs around the pool saying the saving of sunbeds is not allowed, but as always, this is ignored, and by 9.00am you will find towels on all the beds with umbrellas. Can't see the point of signs if it is not policed. We take sunbeds into the garden area under the trees. Overall though, the hotel does well to provide everything it does for the money, and the resort is good if you are not looking for an Arenal or Benidorm.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed for 7 nights with my daughter from the 15th til 22nd & actually after reading all reviews I am pleased to say we had a lovely time.

I was expecting to go with my husband who unfortunately was called away to work. I know many people didn't rate the food but I think it must be remembered that this is a 3 star hotel! As far as we were concerned the food worked for us.

The entertainment was good , however I wonder whether at the kids club more could be offered for the little ones but I maybe being a little over critical !?

Overall a nice safe holiday with great views

Heather - Hertfordshire

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my other half, after booking with Ola holidays in may for 10 nights in september i couldnt wait. when we arrived at the airport we was not greeted by anyone and no one was there to help us find our coach! there was 100's. After getting all upset and missing the coach, we finaly found the transfer company. they put us on the next coach to the hotel and we was on our way! after a 2 hour transfer we arrived at what looked to be a lovely hotel.
At reception they told us we was in room 318 she explained there will be no balcancy but if we wanted one we could change rooms in the morning. The room was a STATE!! and was kept awake all night by a leak dripping! i did go to reception to complain, the man came up and said its nothing to worry about and we can move in the morning. i was not happy.
In the morning we checked in to our new room straight away! the view was amazing on the 6th floor but the air con did not work! this was a big let down as it was so hot, the 3rd day of our holiday i became ill violently throwing up and constantly on the tolilet, with no air con this made my situation 10 times worse. and i booked on the next flight home. I dont feel its much to ask to go on holiday and have proper food to be cooked after all i have paid.

The good things about the hotel is the area its a 2min walk to the centre witch is fab! shops and bars.. Mini golf is so fun. the beach is a 2 mins walk aswell and is beautiful!!!! amazing.
we went on the bottom glass boat to the caves, lovely day out (wouldnt recomend the caves)

Im 20 years of age and would stay anywer aslong as the food is good and safe! THIS HOTEL IS NOT SAFE, dont put your family at risk.

i would go back to the area, but not the hotel- never.

and Ola holidays are shockin.

Ryanair are fab! so much help, would fly with them again :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniela18_10
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My daughter and I arrived at Hotel Globales America Sept 11th around 6.30pm to be told by reception there was a problem with the room and we would have to go to another hotel for 2 nights which was 40mins away by taxi ! We arrived at Bouganvillas Hotel which was a 3 star, when the Globales America was booked as it had 4 stars, we had decided to pay extra this year. So imagine our diappointment being sent to a 3 star were most people were stood at the reception desk complaining about hygiene, getting electric shocks from light switches, fridges flooding in the rooms and not being cleaned up etc. drinks thrown all around the swimming pool plastic cups everywhere, sun loungers still out at midnight with people smoking and drinking on them. We rang Globales America and they would not listen we had to stay at Bourganvillas for the 2 nights it was horrible however the staff were lovely couldnt do enough unfortunatly there was nothing they could do for us.

Returning back to Globales America we discovered that over at least 20 other people had been moved around the island for 1 to 2 days and in some cases 10 days! the compensation offered was free safe key and they would fill the mini bar up, we were all inclusive anyway! By this time we had had enough and agreed they came to the room and put in 4 cans of soft drinks, 2 bottles of water and 2 small cans of san migel what a JOKE!

The reception staff were rude and unconcerned, the lifts were unpredicatble, we got trapped in the lift on the 6th floor and other people had been trapped in the lifts.
Food was terrible very bland and the meat was hard to identify, salad was the only thing worth eating and the toasties at the snack bar ok.
Entertainment what entertainment! we did not see any in 5 days apart from for the very young children.
The hotel is very clean and the bar staff are very nice and the position by the sea is beautiful, so it was a real shame that our holiday was reunined by other factors.

We also booked a speedy transfer max 4 stops, they transfered us from the airport no problem in a merc taxi however the return transfer did not turn up, I rang them and they said they had sent a coach which we saw 7 other people boarding, the driver was saying a name but this was not our name, we went to reception in the hotel to double check if he had said our name are not and they said no it wasnt our transfer. 20 mins later I rang the transfer company resort hoppa which i also booked through OLA travel and they said the coach was the transfer and we had missed it!
I explained everything but they could not care aless so it cost us 70euros to get a taxi to the airport!

ALL in ALL the holiday was a sham and i would never book with OLA Travel again. On returning I have tried to speak to OLA Travel and they just say put your compaint in writing, they do not respond to emails and leave you waiting on the phone for 20mins before they answer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family