Globales America
Sol Cala Antena(Calas de Majorca)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Globales Samoa(Calas de Majorca)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$136
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Sol Calas de Mallorca(Calas de Majorca)
TripAdvisor
HSM Calas Park(Calas de Majorca)
  • Pool
Eden Village Cala Domingos(Calas de Majorca)
  • Pool
Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel(Calas de Majorca)
  • Beachfront
HSM Canarios Park(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
Club Cala Romani(Calas de Majorca)
  • Breakfast included
HYB Eurocalas(Calas de Majorca)
2,464 results
All reviewspool barpizzatoastiessea viewsaladevery nightfishuntil midnightgreat holidayfamily roomevening entertainmentanimation teammain restaurantbar staffplenty of choicea stones throwpool towels
Reviewed 17 September 2013

myself and my partner went here on the 9th September for one week, which turned out to be just four days by the time this hotel chain finished with us.Warning long transfer took us 3 hours last drop off.When we finally arrived only ones checking in though great shouldnt take long,very pleasant receptionist took are passports photo copied them and put are wrist bands on we thought great be in are room soon had requested 7/8 floor the refurb rooms then she said we have no rooms till Wednesday so were going to get you a taxi and take you to another hotel till then were very sorry were overbooked, we were not happy at all and got my daughter to phone Travel Rupublic who we booked through to find they were a third party but would try and sort something for us which they did get back in touch and say the same as the receptionist that we would have one of there best rooms on the Wednesday so off we went in the taxi to the other hotel.Now the America is 1 out of 11 hotels here the one we got put in was 7 out of the 11 it was the Club Cala Romani DONT GO if they offer you this, food disgusting beds well lets say you might as well sleep on the floor dont think they know what a spring is, and the childrens evening entertainment was two big bouncy castles right outside are bedroom window that you could here the motors running even with the windows shut also TV here is not included in you all inclusive neither is a packed lunch if you go out its 25 euros for the tv for a week and 6 euros for a packed lunch a day it was disgusting and we lived out of are cases really spoiled are holiday, but while at the other hotel more people kept arriving also being turned away from the Hotel America we found them easy to spot as we all had two all inclusive arm bands on white for the America and silver for the Romani so this was by no means a mistake over booking this had been deliberate to fill up this horrible hotel.To find this out we went back to the America on the Tuesday had are dinner there as the food in the Romani was inedible and then sat in reception and watched people being checked into rooms that they said they didnt have then later on we did the same at tea time and they were making people go to different hotels as once again saying they had overbooked and had no rooms.this is a big con to keep there sister hotels that are rubbish going .Wednesday came had to pack up and leave the Romina at 10am as thats there check out time so sitting round in the America till 1pm for are room to be serviced another day wasted when we did get are room key they said as compensation we could have a free safe deposit box if we first signed this form DONT DO IT ITS A DISCLAIMER to say you will take no further action sorry but we are, they sold us a holiday that did not exist?Next day there was also a bottle of Champagne left in the room with a plate of fruit sorry but this does not excuse the fact we lost so much of are hoilday and made what was left that miserable i hated it and has put me off going with Travel Republic and to Majorca and anything to do with this hotel chain ever again dont take my word for this im sure others will remark on this as well, all in all its up to you at the end of the day but its no mistake the overbooking its being done on purpose

Room Tip: its overbooked all the time this is no mistake this is being done to fill rubbish hotels obviously in there chain that they carnt sell because of the bad reviews there getting 7/8 floor are nice rooms but most overlook the sea
7  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed for 1 week the 1st week in Sept. We opted for a speedy transfer after reading the reviews and were at the hotel within the hour of being collected at the airport and the same on the return journey 3/4 hour as we were the only ones. On arrival we were not disappointed it looked lovely and an ideal location. The hotel reception staff were lovely, very welcoming and helpful, What would have been nice was a street map of the resort to enable us to get our bearings, but a quick walk in the morning enabled us to go to the tourist office and seek all the information out. We were allocated a room in the annex which was brilliant and had views straight out to see No complaints at all. it was adequate for our needs and very clean. The daily maids were excellent and kept the areas spotless. The main gripe about the whole holiday was the food. Was it edible I hear you ask yes it was , so why an issue then .... because everything you could possibly think of was cold... we did not have a hot meal out of the main restaurant all week, which was a real shame ... the food looked fab if you like cold food, so we ended up eating out as I was sick of salad everyday. Don't get me wrong I like salad, but after 5 days I needed something more than tomatoes lettuce, potato /pasta salad with chicken, ham or pork. Could not even enjoy cooked breakfast as all items when u got them back to your table were cold. Nothing worse than a cold scrambled or fried egg yuck. The entertainment could also have been of a better standard comparing it to past 4 star hotels we have visited. The best entertainment of the week was Barlow vs Buble on the Sat night the remaining nights were shocking. If this is the best hotel at the resort I dred to think what the others hotels are like. The Pool side snack bar food was good - toasted sarnies chips, burgers etc and HOT,so this gets the thumbs up. The pizza restaurant looked unapertizing but I must say we didn't try for fear this would also be cold. All in all the town although small and hotel was to a good standard and we did have a good holiday just these 2 points that could have been better. Hopefully the beauty of the beach and surrounding area will compensate .

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have now been to this Hotel 5 times and have not yet had any problems. The children love it-even my now 15 year old .Having read a large number of the reviews over the years I would agree with all of the 'good' points & some of the 'not so good'

Food-not as good as last year, I like fish so I had no problem, neither did the children. My wife had to resort to the salad bar on occasions. There are now a lot of East Europeans staying at the Hotel &I wondered if the Menu has been altered to suit them e.g. Veal on the Menu every day although this is not a dish the British are fond of.
The kids love the pool snack bar & pizzeria.

Room-OK had better but had a lot worse, all rooms have sea view. Towels changed whenever you had used them, Room cleaned daily.

Staff-I have always found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. When i first stayed here I thought that one or two were a bit 'grumpy' but they had a complete change of character when they found I spoke Spanish, not fluently but 'bastante' as the Spanish say or 'well enough'. I think the language barrier is probably why some seem offhand.

This is really a family Hotel . While I was there a drunken french speaking gentleman in an all adult group decided to push some British children in the pool for fun The police were called. I last saw the drunk sitting on his suitcase outside the Hotel having been made to leave.

The journey from the airport is a matter of luck. Wwe had a direct journey this year taking about 75 minutes. In the past it has on occasions taken 2-21/2 hours visting every hotel in the area with Calas de Mallorca breing the last call
The Hotel is becoming a bit jaded but is currently being modernised, the top two floors having been completed. I manged to get a look at one of thr rooms which was very nice & 4* standard. No doubt prices will increase when the work is complted

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor away from the entertainment noise although I am told that the annexe is very peacefull
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lewis W
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the globals America for my wife's 50th birthday from 7th September to the 14th. After a 2 hour transfer from the airport (we must have dropped off at every hotel in cala dor) which we arrived at ten past midnight we were given room number 105 opposite the lifts. I opened the door to find which must have been the smallest room in the hotel the bathroom and had no bath and was 5ft x 5ft no good for a 6'10bloke.You could only get my wife's clothes in the wardrobe we slept the night and went to reception to ask if we could have a room on the 7th or 8th floor but they were all booked up. But THANK GOD FOR CARLA on reception she got us a room in the annexe which must have been at least 2 and a quarter the size bigger than the other one.The breakfast were cold and bacon and sausage were a bit pink. The bread rolls were like cannon balls.The evening meals did not fair much better but if you were still not satisfied the pizzas in the snack bar were gorgeous (but you should not have to rely on the snack bar).Some times you had a bit of a queue at the bar but this could be because it was the end of the season. We did still witness some over booking issues.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank webbo63
Reviewed 16 September 2013

First thing to point out is when your travel agent says oh you can have a sea view foc and makes you feel really special its not anything special as every single room in the hotel has a seaview.

We arrived at the hotel after a 2 hour transfer at 1pm and our room wasnt ready but this wasnt a problem as we went and had lunch in the pizza bar.

At 2pm we managed to checkin and were so happy with our room, it was in the annexe so wasnt noisy at all, had the most beautiful view of the sea. Very spacious room, with free air con that wasnt noisy! the small fridge was very handy and also having the tv was fab as it had bbc channels that were useful. we also paid the 25 euros for free wifi for the week, there were wifi areas but we wanted it in our room.

The swimming pool areas were lovley and always clean and the bar snacks were lovley.

The main restaurant was very nice for breakfast and evening meal we didnt use it at lunch.

The beach is a short walk down some steps and is beautiful the sea was clear and beach was clean.

We didnt have great weather but plenty of lounge areas to rest in and read books play games etc if the weather is dodgy. We also took the opportunity of when the weather was bad to trip up the road to the shops and have a good look around some really nice bits and pieces.

100% would re visit.