We arrived 20mins ahead of time with Ryanair into Palma OMG, what a farce, you dont know who is arriving departing Grrrr .. found our so called speedy transfer coach .. this has put us OFF nearly 3hrs YES 3hrs Transfer from airport to Hotel ...... left Palma airport at 21.30 arrived Hotel 00:13hrs No Drinks No Food Available we had to go out into the night to find a bar n food place, We got our key card and off to the 8th floor we went, and boy we were so pleased the room has new beds, made by easyflex, with crisp white linen and a low tog quilt changed EVERY DAY.... comfort heaven, a huge walk in shower, soap n shampoo a hairdryer couldn't ask for more. Breakfast at 9am looked so yummy loads n loads choice sadly that's where it stops, becaise not only was breakfast COLD so was dinner and Tea to the point both myself and my mother and a group of 8 ended up with D/V not good.... The entertainment team were excellent and in my eyes JO-JO who speaks about 7 languages worked fantastically hard with the kids and the adults in many activities day and night.. The bar staff .. Well what can i say they were RUDE argumentative and bring the hotel DOWN.. Thankfully when we did arrive we were greeted by a receptionist called Carla who wears a massive smile no matter what, she is a credit to the hotel, You need recognition Carla you are a star Nothing was ever too much trouble for you THANK YOU, you deserve promoting (hope you read this Kevin Deputy Manager).
As for the area well could be that we went too late in the season but there is not a lot around unless you travel out, although the walks around the complex and area are amazing, the little area of shops were ok we jumped on the local bus and went into Porta Cristo which is a little harbor place, shops, restaurants and beach although this was dirty with huge piles of dried weed piled up in a corner .. but it gets you out for a few hours .. Not sure i would go back due to the transfer from airport. i am sure the hotel would do better if they laid on a little minibus and supplied there OWN DIRECT TRANSFERS .. weather was a bit hit n miss but then it is October xx The Hotels beach is beautiful although be warmed the sun-loungers are expensive 8euros a day !!... the hotel hosts 3 pools, although they ARE very cold, but are clean x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Mallorca, Calas de Mallorca.Its privileged location in Cala Domingos, theree swimming pools on the sea surrounded. The Hotel has a total of 351 rooms, distributed as follows: 66 single rooms, 138 doubles, 113 triples and 35 quadruple or families rooms. Sea view, Air Conditioning, Balcony, Satellite TV, SAfe (with charge), Telephone, Hairdryer, mini-bar, Disabled facilities, the hotel has WI-FI zoen and Internet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel America Majorca
- America Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Hotel America Mallorca
- Hotel America Calas De Mallorca
- America Calas De Majorca
- Globales America Majorca/Calas De Majorca