14 days at this fabulous hotel and nothing but kudos for everyone and everything. This is as close to perfection as humanly possible. The establishment (by far the best in the area) and its privileged Calas de Majorca location with a sandy beach and crystal clear water is exceptional. So is the stunning walk along the top of the cliff high above the waves outside the hotel. Special mention goes to the always friendly staff, in particular reception (Marie Carmen +++), restaurant (Laura +++) and pizzeria (Kadher +++). Our superior family room on the top floor was beyond expectations: Very spacious; extra large double- and single beds; plenty of closet space; wall-to-ceiling mirrors; comfortable sofa; wall-mounted flat-screen TV; mini bar and air-conditioning that actually function; big bathroom with walk-in shower; and an enormous balcony offering a spectacular view overlooking the sea. The entire place is well kept and spotless and the water quality of the two huge swimming pools is checked daily. The food is typical for all-inclusive hotel buffets, except that here it is (mostly) of superior quality. Entertainment during the day and in the evening is pleasant, plentiful and well organized by an amicable crew... although the Bingo from 9 to 10 (each night) is not exactly everybody's kind of fun!!! On the other hand, many of the invited artists for the 10 o'clock show are top-class.
This was by far our most enjoyable family vacation in recent years and I shouldn't do this after such a raving review, but here are a few suggestions the management might want to take into consideration for changing:
• Don't charge for safe rental (never heard of before; paid €60+ for ours!!!)
• Make towels available at the pool (never before had to buy them!!!)
• Arrange reduction for sunbed rental on nearby beach (paid €18+ per day!!!)
• Fix bloody parasol reservation 'policy' throughout the solarium area; at 6 o'clock in the morning, folks half asleep were already 'fighting' for a few inches of shade... which most of them didn't even use until 4 hours later when they finally decided to occupy 'their' space!!!
Kudos also go to:
• EasyJet (friendly staff, on-time and smooth flights)
• HolidayTaxis (speedy airport/hotel transfer service). Costly buth worthy!!!
• TUI España (Shamyra; who advised us on 2 great sightseeing tours)
• My oldest daughter; the best daughter of them all, who booked everything through the Internet with X-HelveticTours... at considerably less cost than the price we would have had to pay if bought using the usual agency setup!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Mallorca, Calas de Mallorca.Its privileged location in Cala Domingos, theree swimming pools on the sea surrounded. The Hotel has a total of 351 rooms, distributed as follows: 66 single rooms, 138 doubles, 113 triples and 35 quadruple or families rooms. Sea view, Air Conditioning, Balcony, Satellite TV, SAfe (with charge), Telephone, Hairdryer, mini-bar, Disabled facilities, the hotel has WI-FI zoen and Internet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Globales America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel America Majorca
- America Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Hotel America Mallorca
- Hotel America Calas De Mallorca
- America Calas De Majorca
- Globales America Majorca/Calas De Majorca