“Brilliant, if you know what I mean ....”

Hotel Globales America
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Birmingham
“Brilliant, if you know what I mean ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Went for 6 nights, 4 adults and 2 children. Booked last minute, always read the reviews on Trip advisor before booking anything. If you want to just relax and have a fantastic time then this is the hotel for you. Before I go any further a big thank you to the following staff for making our holiday extra special so take a bow - Radka, Alex, Steve, Anna, Carla, Helena, Hotel is clean, stunning views, swimming pools clean, food plenty of variety, plenty of sun loungers and beach near by. The animation team were absolutely brilliant keeping my 10 year old Kylan and 13 year nephew Cameron busy all day. They were so friendly and professional and not in your face all the time. Radka we never got a diploma but thanks for getting us to participate in the activities. Nearby plenty of bars showing sky sports and reasonably priced. Would definitely go again....thanks all

Room Tip: 7th floor away from the lifts we had room 726 stunning views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank petepunjabi
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales America, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay in our Hotel. We are very glad to know that in general you enjoyed your holiday with us.I shall pass your comments to all the members of staff mentioned above.

Public Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I've just returned from the hotel America, wow what can I say, a bit apprehensive at first after reading a few reviews but I didn't have to be, from the start was greeted by Carla and Anna lovely ladies who checked us in with a lovely friendly smile, we were situated on floor 7 the rooms were good and the views were breath taking, the restraunt was good both morning/afternoon/ evening with plenty of choices for every one.
The hotel had 3 pools, sun loungers were available between 8-45- 11am after that you wouldn't find any, next best thing would be was to head to the sea which was 5mins away from the hotel, lovely sandy beach which could be crowded some times, the pool bar was excellent serving food and drinks with hardly any waiting time, the lounge bar was also good if you wanted a bit of piece and quiet.
The entertainment team was fantastic keeping my 13 year old busy all the time a special thank you to Radka Steven Michelle and not forgetting Alex they were superb!
All together a fantastic holiday for the family and well worth the money you can't go wrong..
Only negatives wifi could be better.
Transfer times to hotel 2hrs & 20min.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank bobby b
Dear Bobby,
We appreciate the time you spent writing about your experience in our hotel. For us is very important to know the positive and negative remarks in order to rectify and keep improving. Your comments will encourage us to keep working hard to improve the product or the quality of our service, like wifi. Unfortunately transfers are provided by external companies, therefore, we do not have control.
Thank you once again.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is the 2nd year that we have booked our family holiday to this resort and will be returning again next year.

We booked early february and requested 2 double rooms next door to each other as my 2grown up children were coming with us.on arrival we were told we had been allocated a family room on the 1st floor instead.the receptionist advised us to look at room however as it wasnt what we'd requested and we had previously been to this hotel that if we were not happy they would upgrade us the next day.room was fine however 1 bathroom between 4adults proved to be inadequate.so the following day as promised we were upgraded to superior room on 7th floor.room was fantastic with brilliant views of the beach and pools.

The food and drink at the hotel was excellent and was different every day. Staff throughout the hotel are extremly friendly and helpful-they cannot be faulted.

As mentioned in other reviews the transfer from airport is awful. On our previous visit we were told would be bout an hour but was nearer 3hours.This time we were prepared for the long transfer but felt was worth it for the quality of the holiday. Although if you are travelling with young children this may be a problem as buses are hot and have no toilet facilities.
The transfer drops off at many resorts on the way therefore if going to this resort expect to be last dropped off and 1st picked up on your return.

As i said we will be booking for next year and talking to other people at the hotel many had been returning for several years but had noticed an increase in prices due to the popularity of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank deb14_11
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales America, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Deb,

Thank you for your nice comments about the hotel and the staff. We take note of your coments about transfers but there is not much we can do cause they are all external companies. We look forward to see you again.

Aldershot, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

This has to be the worst hotel i think iv stayed in. The service was unbelievably terrible. As soon as we arrived there was no welcome at all. Instead we were greeted with a impolite moody member of staff who showed us nothing at all. We had to take our own suitcases to our hotel room which he didn't say where it was and it wasn't even in the hotel but in some anex type building.
As soon as we got to our room there were bugs in our beds and our door wasn't even stable.
We payed for a weeks wifi which was 25 euros it cut out after 2 days and they refused to give us a refund saying it wasn't there problem but it was another companies fault.
All the staff were just completely rude and inconsiderate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kimberley D
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales America, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear guest,
We take in your comments which we do not agree at all. Our services and staff are widely discussed by many customers and are satisfactory.
But let me clarify the following. Since your arrival in our hotel you have shown rudeness, insulting staff members and even some customers.Much so, we had to call your agency to allocate you in another hotel. The agency was trying for two days to get your attention. Les I can suggest that if this is the vacation you seek, neither the hotel nor our customers deserve to disturb the stay with your presence.

Public relations
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just returned from 10 days at the hotel America and I must say I can't fault the hotel at all. If I had to pick anything that could have been better I would suggest the evening entertainment which was a bit hit and miss! We had a deluxe room on the 7th floor and the views across the sea were breathtaking, the room was lovely, airy and spacious and when we arrived we had a complimentary bowl of fresh fruit and a bottle of cava which was a nice touch. The hotel is set alongside a small sandy beach (which was a bit over crowded for my liking) and there are 2 large pools and one childs pool as well as a large sun terrace overlooking the med. I have read that some people felt the hotel was over subscribed and I understand why they might think that because it does get busy around the pool and in the restaurants but not to the extent that you can't get a space.
The food was excellent, fresh, good quality and plenty of variety and constantly replenished. Another bonus is the alcohol is branded, San Miguel on tap which kept me happy.
For a for star hotel I couldn't have expected any more and I would recommend it as a great place to stay for couples and families alike....

One word of caution, the transfer times for us were excruciating. My wife is 6 months pregnant and we got our transfers through Resort Hoppa which while very reasonable (£13 each return) punctual and efficient in picking us up the transfer from Palma airport to the hotel took nearly 3 hours and not the 1hr 35 estimated at booking!, likewise the return transfer was 2hr 10 which was double the estimate. The resort is over an hour away from the airport by taxi so wouldn't be cheap to take that option either so just for your awareness... BUt take nothing away from the hotel. First class!

Room Tip: The 7th and 8th floors are superior rooms and in some hotels I don't find this makes much differ...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley S
Dear Ashley,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very clean hotel, but requires restoration. Food is not a good quality, tlo little sea food and słabiej meals, too much of british food. Soaking in fat, fried food. Small variance. In all inclusive menu it is written, that Cava (spanish champain naturaly bubbled) is included, but bar tender serve poor quality sparkling wine, explaoning that genuine Cava is extra paid.
Don't take a car from nearby Planet rent a car! They are cheating. At Planet rent a car we paid for Corsa or Polo, but at the day of car pick up we got old version of Ford Fiesta 2008, devastated and dirty inside - lots of snacks on the Floor, sand, some toy ball. We traveled with 4 months old baby so we would expect washed and cleaned car. We rent a car in Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and never experienced such poor quality of service. Additionaly we had to pay 3€ 'tax' for card payment. So including deposit and full payment we overpaid 6€!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bm1111
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you spent writing about your experience in our hotel. For us is very important to know the positive and negative remarks in order to rectify and keep improving. Your comments will encourage us to keep working hard to improve the product or the quality of our service, like the snack options.

Thank you once again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just returned from hotel America. Spent just three nights here but wished it was longer. I emailed the hotel ahead of my visit, extremely last minute email from me explaining my son has an illness called PKU and I would require some special dietary requirements, My email was responded to promply, to my suprise I was greeted at reception by Carla whose English was perfect, she had waited to meet me to inroduce herself and quickly got the restaurant Manager Esther, Esther told me if anything on the buffet was not suitable for my son they could prepare it for him, I had prepared some translations which Carla checked for me, the pizzzeria staff were great and after one visit they no longer needed my translations, many staff spoke English which was helpful, each evening I gave Esther my own pasta and bread and she had this made for us. We managed fine with the buffet but knowing we could ask was a fantastic relief, we were given an annex and cannot believe previous reviews were disappointed about, we had an annex and have to say we had the bedt views, everthing was amazingly spottless, peole complain about sunbeds but we never failed to get one in the morning, a little harder in the afternoon, oh the food was not cold and the fried eggs and grilled tomatoes were cooked perfectly, oh and lager was San Miguel which you dont normally get all inlusive, also no lucky lucky men and no rubbish for kids to spend money on, staff very efficient and no queues for food and no more than a one minute wait for a drink, only one thing would like to have seen no aspartame in soft drinks in restaurants, will defo return, thank you Carla Esther, pizzeria staff and bar staff, from Louise & Alex

Room Tip: Dont be afraid of the annex, they definately had the best views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 100louise
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Globales America, responded to this review, 26 August 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calas de Majorca
Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca
Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca
#4 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,117 reviews

Been to Hotel Globales America? Share your experiences!