Just returned from a weeks holiday here. What can we say but brilliant I have no idea what people are expecting but the complaints are not justified at all! We weren't sure after reading the reviews but had already booked. the hotel check in was easy and very helpful polite staff made it hassle free. The hotel is spotlessly clean and has cleaners on site all day and very friendly. The entertainment staff were brilliant and worked hard to keep adults and kids entertained. The shows are ok nothing amazing but enough to help you enjoy a relaxing night after a hard day sunbathing! The view is amazing we had a superior room very nice with full sea view. The beach is very close easy walk down, only downside the beds and parasols can be pricey if you go daily. There are jelly fish in the sea and there is a medic/lifeguard on site if you are unlucky to get stung. The beach however is very clean and the sea is clear and warm once you are in. Can't say anything bad about this hotel. There are 2 large pools and a small baby pool, there are sunbed areas for those wanting quiet away from the main pool madness. The food is good regularly topped up and always something to please all. There is a pizzeria and evening BBQ in the lawned sunbed area both serving nice good quality foods.
The only moan we have is about the sunbeds there is a daily issue with sunbeds and trying to get one not reserved by the sad losers that sit waiting for the beds to be unlocked every day at 8.45 am it really is pathetic and I sat watching every morning as they say waiting for the pool attendant to unlock and then they reserve their family beds and don't even seem to be seen all day until they return from wherever to use them. It really is an issue and the hotel should be more vigilant and strict as there are signs saying not to do this but the saddos still did it!!
The only other moan is nothing to do with the hotel but the transfer from the hotel via coach is a nightmare if I was going again which I definitely would I would pay extra for the taxi! It took over 2 hours plus each way dropping people off as we were the last drop off and first pick up its awful definitely worth pushing the boat out and getting there by private transfer.
Other than this the area is lovely very familised and safe. The tone has shops and bars and even though we were all inclusive we ate out and drank in the bars for a change. The travellers rest has good entertainment and the restaurant in the centre just done from the mini golf serves the best sangria I've ever had. If you want a nice family holiday in a beautiful location this hotel has it all. Definitely worth a second visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful parts of Mallorca, Calas de Mallorca.Its privileged location in Cala Domingos, theree swimming pools on the sea surrounded. The Hotel has a total of 351 rooms, distributed as follows: 66 single rooms, 138 doubles, 113 triples and 35 quadruple or families rooms. Sea view, Air Conditioning, Balcony, Satellite TV, SAfe (with charge), Telephone, Hairdryer, mini-bar, Disabled facilities, the hotel has WI-FI zoen and Internet Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Globales America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel America Majorca
- America Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Hotel America Mallorca
- Hotel America Calas De Mallorca
- America Calas De Majorca
- Globales America Majorca/Calas De Majorca