Stayed eurocalas 23-30 July, check in fine then a fight across the packed bar with cases to our room a small studio room, no problem with that but the beds were rock hard, felt like crying everytime had to sleep in it. Food was hit and miss some night ok others awful lot of stewed meat and chicken thighs drumsticks etc.(where's the breast :) was also luke warm. Ate out 3 of the 7 nights in a lovely little restaurant called venecias in town kept us sane. Drinks very good standard and lots of selection wine spirits and cocktails although don't get them on a bad night, for some reason phillipe the small bar man wouldn't serve my husband. Animation team work very hard day and night. Entertainment at night was okay usual mix of animation and outside acts.
The thing I found most annoying was the random sunbed policy, they let you reserve your bed then around 9 o'clock, if your not on your bed the 'Tech guys', come round pull your towels, bags and belongings off the beds and discard them at the snack bar in a heap, this happened to us and we lost one of our towels and when we spoke to reception about it we were told it wasn't the hotels responsibility if our belongings were lost!! We asked him to ask the tech guys what they did with our towel and he said, there was no point as they would just say they wouldn't know who moved it, ridiculous. I could understand if people were not at their beds around 10 or 11 but 9 o'clock, get real eurocalas, people with families need time to get a bed to watch young children in the pool and have time to get back to the pool after breakfast. There are a few stickers on sunbeds about towels but no time is stated. We saw a number of arguments between guests who didn't know their towels had been removed by staff and thought that other guests had moved them and a French family with 2 very small children had all their towels and children's armbands threw to the side, felt awful for them. People want to relax on holiday not have to go into town to replace towels like we had to or argue over sunbeds with other guests due to tech guys.
This hotel mainly caters for the German and French holiday maker. We have stayed in 3 star hotels before in Spain and by no means do we expect 5 star but feel for what we paid was not value for money as well as the added extras of eating out. Gave it a 2 due to animation team and drinks or would have been a 1. If you get it for a really cheap price go for it but we won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Calas de Mallorca area, in the south-east of the island, surrounded by several natral creeks with crystal clear water, the HYB Eurocalas resort is the perfect place where to enjoy your holiday with the whole family. Situated 350m to Cala Antena, 600m to the main shopping center and 1200m to Cala Domingos. The public bus stop and touritic train is situated in front of the hotel. At 60km away from Palma de Mallorca airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your HYB Eurocalas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Eurocalas Hotel
- Eurocalas Hotel Majorca
- Resort All Inclusive Hotasa Eurocalas
- Club Euro Calas
- HYB Eurocalas Majorca/Calas De Majorca