“Perect Holiday”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perect Holiday”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

One of the best holidays I have ever been on. We were are young couple and stayed for a week. The hotel was clean and any problems that we did have (i.e the bathroom light going out) was sorted within the hour. The food was better than expected and I would not recommend listening to the reviews that say otherwise. The beach is a 5 min walk from the hotel and all I can say is WOW! The shops are just as close. Overall this is a brillant hotel especially for the price and I will definitely be going next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank michele e

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Polish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Normally I'd start with the positives but I have nothing positive to say about this hotel.

We arrived at midnight after a 2 hour coach trip (hotel is 45 mins away only if you go direct by taxi or car) we checked in and went to our rooms - to where all the problems started. There was no cot for our 9 month old baby. I went to reception and the guy might as well put 2 fingers up because when I queried about the cot he pointed out that the booking was for 3 adults (even though it clearly stated a request for a cot). He then advised there was no cot and that he couldn't do anything until the next day, when I queried about where the baby would sleep he simply said "well you have 3 beds in your room" - yes, he wanted me to put a 9 month old baby in a adult bed. I then asked for the telephone to contact my 24hr support to which he replied "and who's gonna pay for that call". I wont go into further detail on what I said because of the language used by myself but we did get a cot in the end...Broken.

My encounter with this character set the scene for the holiday, the rooms are far to hot. I mean, we knew there was no air con but when I held a a4 sheet of paper under the fan and it didn't move it explained why we couldnt feel the draft. The food is disgusting, the staff is incredibly rude, bed are impossible to get in the morning. We lasted 2 days before I moved hotels.

Like the title suggests, no one deserves this...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Heb F

Travellers are raving about these Calas de Majorca hotels

Hol: 8th sept-15th

k so this hotel is what I consider to be budget. Me (24) and my boyfriend (31) wanted a cheap hol with no fuss, just sun, sea and all inclusive! And that's what we got.
The complex is a good size. We had a super apartment away from everything, with a kitchenette, a living room, a double balcony and a bedroom and bathroom ofcourse. It was basic, it was poorly decorated but so what? We slept in there and got ready in there and that's that. We had a fabulous view- others werent so lucky, we felt really lucky! (we asked for a quiet room with a view).

It looks like and feels like student accommodation, with a canteen.

Location: ten min walk to the beach. Hotel has path heading straight there. Or you can head through the town which is a couple of mins walk away.
Scenery is beautiful.
Town is full of tat.
Local bus is easy to navigate.
Safe and friendly environment.
Beaches are beautiful.

Food: you get what u pay for. It was carb central with little variety from one say to the next but it was fine and we werent poorly so who can grumble? A woman came up to me complaining about how rubbish it was and I was aghast. It's just food, just eat it, fill your tummy and get back to your holiday :P

Drinks: pop, juice and a wide range of alc on tap...fab! Super quick service.

Entertainment: we only saw a couple of shows and they were entertainingly naff. Great for kids and drunk folk!

Wasps: I was almost put off by the many reviews about wasps because Im super phobic, but honestly it wasn't a problem...just don't get orange pop! We were drinking pepsi and alcohol and they didn't bother us at all. I only freaked out once when I was filling my drink up and one ended up in the cup with my hand still on the button!

Pool: we didnt go in because we spent most of our time at the beach but everyone seemed perfectly happy and it looked great.

Sunloungers: no problem getting one but there are no mats to lie on so not comfy. Not many people minded but some people bought lilos and put them on the loungers-great idea.

Shops: hotel shop decent prices but much cheaper in town. We got a two person rubber ring from the adequately named Cheap Shop for 7euros where others were charging 15. Supermarket is wonderfully cheap.

Aircon: yes, there isnt any but we had no problem. Just close the curtains during the day and sleep with the fan on-no problemo!

To sum up: it's cheap and cheerful, it's clean, it's near the beach, you'll never go hungry or thirsty, it caters for kids and there are places of interest nearby. If you want a budget break in the sun and don't take things too seriously this is a great place.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank deli_kim
Newcastle uopn Tyne
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Okay it's not the Hilton but we had a lovely holiday here. There are some things that aren't great but overall this is a nice hotel with a fabulous pool area. We had a one bedroom apartment that was very spacious and very clean. Yes as others have said there are no plates, cutlery etc but it's not meant to be used as a self catering apartment IT'S ALL INCLUSIVE FOLKS!!!!.
There were always free sunbeds by the pool and a five minute walk takes you right to the LOVELY beach.
The food wasn't great but it was okay and the wasps are a pain but overall we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnaLucy
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Had a lovely time here staff were lovely weather was lovely food was great what else would you want, if i would have took notice of all the bad reviews i would,nt have gone but i,m a great believer in what you put into it is what you get out of it, pool area brilliant was expecting to have to be up at silly hours to get sun loungers for my husband and myself but this was,nt so, again it was what i read on the reviews met some lovely people room was basic but for the time you are in your room to shower get changed and sleep this did not matter to us even though we had a lovely view of the pool, overall i would recommend this hotel and resort to familys and couples the only downfall was the transfer two and half hours but we knew that anyway the staff worked their socks of, well done the romani

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gail B
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Myself and my partner booked this resort, after weeks of looking for a nice family holiday.. After reading countless reviews, we finally settled for Cala Romani..At the time, this resort sounded like the place for us, with its great Facilities, and Entertainment for both Children and adults..

We knew the transfers were going to be lengthy, and so we excepted this, but what we hadn't expected, upon entering our room, to what felt more like a steaming sauna at 1am in the morning. Exhausted and very hot, with no way of cooling down, we all had a very restless nights sleep.. I may add though, their was a ceiling fan, but did very little to make sleeping more bearable!..Please bare this in mind when travelling in warmer months, especially with children!!... On the plus side the rooms were clean, and reception staff welcoming..

When getting up on our first morning, we tried to remain optimistic, as the sun was shinning and the pool was very inviting.. Initially the food seemed nice, but became VERY repetitive!!..and after two weeks, we were really fed up with the same thing...The restaurant/piggery was awful, total chaos!!, I guess this was because of the huge volume of guests, but really didn't make meal times at all enjoyable, and got to the stage, where I dreaded going for meals. The restaurant staff worked very hard though,I would say made the best of a very bad situation..

Very strangely, after 24hrs upon arriving at Cala Majorca, we soon realised, that we didn't have a rep, and therefore, we had to find everything that was going on around the Hotel and resort out for ourselves..this was quite stressful at times, as some of the people who worked in the resort, were not very friendly or helpful,and only seemed interested in taking you're money..

The evening Entertainment was dreadful, When people have describe it as Butlins in the sun, they are really not over reacting...it was truly terrible.. Sadly it was all in doors!, even though it was a beautiful 28-30 degrees outside...There were many outside activities set up during the evening for the children, ranging from 3 Euros to 5 Euros a go..this was very annoying, and very costly...I felt very sorry for parents who had more than one child, it must have cost them a small fortune!!.. ( A complete rip off springs to mind)

The pool itself really was lovely, but again, it was so stressful trying to get a sun bed, and We often felt like sardines all cramp around a very busy pool.. The Lifeguard often seemed grumpy, and I feel, enjoyed asserting his authority..He closed the pool off on a number of occasions, because children had had accidents in them and although I understand for health and safety reason, this was company policy, It was the way he went about it, shouting and screaming at people, and with a face like thunder!!.. .

Over all, I definitely would not stay here again, Me and my family worked hard for this holiday, and we were really looking forward to it, but I think we may have got less stress staying at home...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah m
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Listen if you want a nice cheap holiday for the family its ideal! I paid £1100 for all 5 of us to go all inclusive for a week. That works out at just £30 each per day, so ypu carnt really expect the food to be fantasic can you? Breakfast consits of full english everyday, dinner has a mixture of english, italian and german foods as dose tea time! Its not fine dinning, more like food from your works canteen but its eatable! People where complaning but what do they except for the money. We went down town and the food just looked the same in the paying restaurants! The entertainment is pritty much like a spanish version of haven holidays. Kids mini disco on frim 8 till 9 and then each night they had either an act on or got people on stage from games! Each night the was a bouncy castle, tamoplines, speheres and market stalls erected in the hotel! The rooms are really basic but are clean! Reminded me abit like blackpool guest house rooms but personally i wasnt bothered because you dont go on holiday to sit in your room! The staff were great with us always willing to help! The pool area dose get full but there wad easily enough sunbeds and beach was fantasic! Callas de mallorca is a tiny place with just a few shops and restaurants but you can just get the local bus to a host of destoations, we went to port cristous and it only cost €7 for all 5 of us! In conclusion for what we paid i would go back! You get what you pay for, so make the most of it!

• Stayed September 2012
Blau Punta Reina Resort
Blau Punta Reina Resort
#6 of 11 in Porto Cristo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,658 reviews

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!