“great holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

booked this holiday at short notice for myself and 9 yr old grandson. after reading the reviews on here i thought OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE !!! flight was good but the dreaded transfer !! 2/12 hrs on a hot bus with a 9 yr old boy not a good idear , got to hotel ok room lovely smooth transistion into room , next day up and about to have a look around, pool lovely had no trouble getting a sunbed, breakfast mmm not to bad but hot dog sausage everyday !!!! hotel cleaned everyday but i must stress this hotel is for children and not young couples they have plenty to do for kids which was great for my little one, the kids club ok , night time for adults a bit boring, but there is a good pub 5mins down the road, which has great entertaiment on everynight and food lovely overall i would go back to this hotel with my grandkids' and the staff made my grandson holiday they were fab with the kids hahahaha as he was dressed in his real madrid football kit they loved it a deffo for me again nxt yr with grandkids but not a girlie holiday or a couples holiday as it mostly for kids

Room Tip: had a room on the 1st floor room 141a and it was lovely clean great view, quiet,
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

stopped here 28/9/12 till 5/10/12 weather was great the hotel is very clean ,the rooms small not much drawer space .the walls are so thin you can hear everything conversations people using toliets the lot.The food not much choice yeah the hotels cheap but they could do better. Seems they don't like hiring to many staff only ever seemed to be 1 bar staff in bar upstairs but you did get glasses till about 11pm then plastic tii 12pm.There is a lot of wasps but we sunbathed on the grass and it wasn't to bad.Get a lilo for sunbeds as there is no cusions so not very comfy. There is loads of shops a 2 min walk away but all sell same old tat same things they sold 20 years ago ,some nice bars and 2 for 1 on most beers and cocktails thats on carling ,fosters and becks aswell turn left when you get to bottom of road,they also have a kebab shop for after drinking :). I wouldn't go back but the worlds a big place

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel for 4 days 29th Sep - 3rd Oct 2012 with 3 friends all inclusive and let me say straight off this resort is only for families with young children. Couples, friends, older familes will regret picking this area. The transfer from the airport took about 2hrs but as long as you sit back and take in the surroundings then the time flies over. The hotel itself is as rated 3*, very basic but the rooms are sufficient enough. My only let down with the room was a lack of a Fridge as we liked to keep a bottle handy for during the night/first thing and warm water isn't nice to drink. Also meant we couldnt have a nightcap on the balcony. We had a tv and although you had to pay to hire the remote, we didn't. Just get up and change the channel yourself. The maids came each day and did a average job of cleaning the room. Not once were the floors wiped down which resulted in the soles of your feet (and in turn your bed sheet) getting black.
The pool was lovely and there was no problem getting sunbeds, but the amount of wasps around the pool and bar was horrendous. They are everywhere! You cannot completely relax as you are always swatting them away. Anyone with a phobia would have been unable to go near the pool/bar.
Food & Drink : The drinks were ok but I hated the fact that they were always served in plastic cups no matter what you Ordered. I understand the health & safety reasons for around the pool but not on a night, give me a wine glass for my wine! The cocktails (if you could call them that) were all pre-made out of a Drinks dispenser. The food was awful!!! I cannot convey enough in this review just how bland it was. The only people who could enjoy that slop are people without tastebuds. We lasted one day and then ate lunch and dinner out for the remaining 3 days. The pizzeria that was meant to open at snack Times never did in our whole trip. The snacks on offer were bread rolls, cheese, meats and pate, ok but very bland. At dinner time it was a mad rush, people shoving each other, huge queues. Not a relaxing meal at all.
Resort: A small complex of shops all selling the same souvenir tat. Once you''ve been round them there's nothing else there. The few bars were all "English" bars and every one had a tv blaring either x factor or football. Not an ounce of atmosphere. We were back in the hotel room playing cards by 9.30pm each night. Our saviour of the holiday was the beach, fantastic! White sand, turquoise waters. €12 for 2 sunbeds with mattresses and parasol all day, perfect. The little beach bar was great selling the most amazing (although lethal) pint of sangria for €3. It also had an epic range of music to keep your spirits up.
Would I recommend this hotel and resort : no. You can do so much better on the same budget.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Donna101

Travellers are raving about these Calas de Majorca hotels

Wigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I know there are good and bad in all hotels and I have always tried to see the positive in every hotel I have been to. This is however the first time I have every placed a bad review on trip advisor. My review will be as factual as possible to help you decide.
Trip over was fine - transfere to hotel was two hours for other drop offs but no big problem.
On arrival our reservation was not registered - again not a problem as resolved quickly.
We went to the family room booked as described by Ola Holidays only to have been put into a double room with limited room for the cot (which we needed). We have booked a family room which included a kitchenette anabling us to have more room.
We went back to the reception and advised there was a mistake - reception was less than helpful this time and rude is an understatement. There where several other people advising that this had happened to them and that the hotel would not change the room...I am afraid to say we where stuck with the very small room and not given the room we had paid extra for.
Room - no TV (not an issue) 5 euros per day if required. No Kettle (not an issue 5 euros per day).
Iron, ironing board and all other possible requirments all charable at 5 euros each.
Safe 15 euros and 4 euros deposit....The problem with this is we found out the day we left that you do not get your deposit back as the reception does not open till 8.00. So we lost the 4 Euros, the strange thing is that the night porter was happy to give change. (good little earner if you ask me!!)
Drinks - small plastic cups less than half a pint and you can only get two drinks at a time. Soft drins and slush available all day and hot drinks....the wasps are a pain and our little 2 year old got stung as did many others.
Food - Breakfast the normal, toast, boild eggs, bacon, hot dog sausage, cold meats cheese, nothing unusual or to complain about.
Lunch - two types of pasta and sauce, chips, carrotts in oil, one meat one fish, salad, cold meat and cheese.
Dinner same as above.....The food however stays the same the entire week, which is fine however the stomach cramps and sickness that follws is the worst I have witnessed from other guests and ended in ruining my holiday for the first time ever.
The pools are great, entertainment ok but I really have to say that although booked as a cheep getaway turned into a nightmare, we ate out most nights and I spent 3 days in bed with stomach cramps, but the staff are the rudest I have ever come across and there are no positives about the place I can point out. Please go to the resort and book in to the Hotel Samo you will have spent your money better going there......This is not a moaning brit who like egg and chips on holiday just some one trying to give you an honest account.

Room Tip: Make sure your booking states a FAMILY ROOM
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tarrabadger
Carnoustie, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

where do i start ..... The transfer took 2 and a half hours and there wasnt even a stop off for something to eat or the toilet which was a joke cos we were starving ! hotel is basic and i mean basic .... theres no tele no kettle ... decor is outdated by years ...the walls are paper thin so you can hear everything ! The pool looks nice but too many kids for me and wasps .... im sure the wasps pay rent and live there... its ridiculous trying to bathe and being surrounded by them ! entertainment at nites is mega poor ...kids mini disco is the same every night ! karaoke upstairs is like watching paint dry its awful ! i lost my phone whilst over there and the manager on the desk that night basically couldnt be bothered to help me find it ...he just stood there ! spannish are very rude all the time ! The only good things out of it was the beach which is beautiful and the pub down the road called pizzeria D'alfil ... foods amazing from there ! food in the hotel was crap ...basically the same stuff every nite ....bland to taste ! juice was always disgusting and watered down ! restaurant had a horrible smell which put you off the minute u walked in ! the tea and coffee facility in the restaurant was closed at nite time .... some of us do enjoy a coffee or tea ! staff were just rude full stop ! they would come into the toilets when you were using them and just shout "OUT" cos they wanted in to clean ! wiped ur butt or not she wanted you outta there ! Theres no toilets down the beach area ...you have to go to the cafe up the top and that costs ya 50cent unless u are a customer ! nightmare really ! the shops are all the same with the same stuff in them and they dont sell tobacco in them u have to find a tobacconist which was also a nightmare ! not much to do there i must say it was the worst holiday i have been on but me and my mates made it fun ! lovely chinese down the road if you fancy that ! we ate out cos the food was that bad ! housekeepers didnt do much either .... changed a bin made a bed and gave ya towels that was all ! soooooo ya get what ya pay for basically .... !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa M
Shropshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

This is my second year, I don't know if I drank to much last year but this year I must have stayed sober because I found a lot out about this hotel.
5 things
Clean yes the cleaners do there best
Staff I found they work so hard and they was always respectful to us
Location pretty good but after seeing the small shopping area more than 3 times it gets boring selling same stuff in every shops.
Room was small clean but old and not much space for your clothes especially for 3 of us
Entertainment was totally rubbish, a small tip for anyone going go up the road to the shopping area so much better entertainment in hotel you come out wanting to hang yourself so boring.
Over all I would give this hotel 5 out of 10 they do try but have a lot to do to get it up to a reasonable state.
Pool area is nice few tiles missing of the bottom of the pool but the area is clean.
It is not a expensive place to go but looking around you can get a better hotel for same money, and I would recommend 7 days because 14 days it becomes a drag

Room Tip: Don't have 3 adults in same room and if you do get a B room
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

me and my partner stayed hear from 22nd sep till 29th sep we had an appartment at the back
which was big enough for 5 people and we had plenty space and we had a fridge which was handy as we werent expecting that as we were all inclusive the rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels 2 iam a very fussy eater and there was something for me to eat every meal time
food was what you would expect for 3* entertainment was mostly for kids ,there wasnt much to do at night even the shops were not up to much.there was alot of wasps around the pool but i do think there was a hive near bye and it was very annoying you couldnt relax at all,the journey to hotel was far to long trust me get a taxi we were on the bus for 2 and ahalf hours but over all i would give the holiday 8 out of 10 and would go back but def bye taxi and if there was more entertainment for adults.

Room Tip: we were at the back and got sun on our balcony from dinner time till late on in evening
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
HYB Eurocalas
HYB Eurocalas
#7 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!