“Mixed thoughts”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mixed thoughts”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I'm not into all inclusive holidays, sat round a pool with a load of Brits....if that's your thing, this is the place to go. Stayed here for a week as part of work, so not my personal choice for destination or hotel. Transfers are a NIGHTMARE.....listen to people's advice n book private transfers, it will be worth the extra money! Food is pretty average. Rooms are clean but walls are paper thin. Big swimming pool but gets crowded with sun loungers and reminds me of a scene out of Benidorm. The entertainment is cringeworthy at times too. The good things about this hotel is it's not far from the beach and I think families with young children would probably like this hotel as they do cater well for kids.....baby pool, play area, mini disco, kids club. My first time to Majorca and i will return, just not to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Polish first
stockton
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just got back from my first all inclusive holiday and I wasn't dissapointed. The hotel was lovely. The rooms were cleaned daily and all the staff were friendly and polite. My only grumble is the young couple in the room nxt door to us liked their music a bit too loud, we rang reception and they delt with it.
The pools were great with a lifeguard on duty.
Entertainment was good, kids club, archery, air rifle shooting, volleyball, water polo ect
15 min walk to beach.
I cant think of anything negative to say. Even the local shops were cheap... 2 euros for a towel!!
I would recommend this holiday for any family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank juicyjoo
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was the first abroad holiday my 2 year old son has been, and he loved it! The pools are brilliant and picture perfect. As the pools slowly get deeper he was very comfortable splashing around. There was a life guard at all times. We stayed in an apartment it was plenty big enough and clean.

The animation team work so hard and do an excellent job. My son loved the mini disco, and even got to dance on stage with the team. We didn't get to see the later entertainment as he always wanted to go to bed at around 9.30pm and won't sleep in his buggy!

All the staff were friendly and smiley. The only down side was the food. The breakfast was great, plenty of variety. It was the lunch and tea that let them down. Very repetitive, and not good for fussy eaters. I think most all inclusive hotels food becomes repetative, and they can't help if we have a fussy eater in the group. But there was always chips!

I would stay here again if we hired a private transfer or car as the transfer from Palma was ridiculous. Also the shop on site is very expensive, I would advise to get nappies, other drinks and such from a shop in the village.

Couldn't ask for a better first time holiday!

Room Tip: Go for the apartments as the room only are very small and have no fridge, where as the apartments do...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katrina T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

True review from a young 21 year old couple .Good holiday overall, food average am a fussy eater so that's why! Clean and tidy rooms, fab entrainment whoop whoop they really made you welcome. Entertainers were fab took us on a little bar crawl around callas de Mallorca loved it . Amazing little beach, loved it and fab little path too the beach. Ignore all negative comments do you go on holiday to sit in your room ? Nice and cheap and reasonable for what we paid so I don't see the problem, you get what you pay for if you want 5* pay for 5*! Meet some fan people who were still I'm contact with ! Only other downfall was the transfer 2 hours it took book it private.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Leanne_2308
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at Club Cala Romani in May/June and really enjoyed our holiday.We got everything what we paid for.I can not understand people who blame/score the hotel for a long transfer from the airport(blame your travel agent) or screaming children.

Hotel is situated 2mins walk from town centre and approx.10mins walk to the beach(there is direct path from the resort).Lovely large swimming pool for adults and 2 smaller for kids.Plenty sun loungers available all day long.Hotel is well maintained and well equipped(archery,tennis courts,darts,table tennis,volleyball,football etc...) always can find something to do,if You don't mind to move up.Nice gardens around.

Food is ok,but they serve mostly English food (for me to much deep-fried ready to go food)but even fussy person would eat well.Snack bar providing mostly sandwiches &salads(unfortunately there is no hot food at snack bar).Plenty alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks.

Staff is working extremely hard,providing entertainment from morning till night,keeping hotel area clean & tidy.Many thanks to Harold,Mia,Aline,bar tenders,housekeeping and other lovely people to let us feel like at home.

Rooms are nice and clean.

Travellers dont forget its Europe and everything cost much more than in Egypt,Carribean etc..thats why standard doesnt look the same.
Let your opinions are also consistent with the price that you paid.

Overall I would recommend Club Cala Romani to other people.

Room Tip: Use a website to hire a car. Don't pay for a transfer or taxi
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 27th May to 3rd June ... booked 2 apartments for our group at all age ranges, it sounds like we were very lucky booking a private transfer as this only took about 45 to 50 minutes to get to this hotel. We arrived at about 10.30pm , check in was quick and easy, managed to get a drink at the bar but we just missed the snack bar.
We found our apartments (there not numbered very well) it was the furthest block away, with no views to speak of... no tv, no radio which i didn't think would be a problem but it did make a difference after all as the week went on , the apartment was a lovely size, large balcony's and very clean. It is very true that the walls are paper thin.. being able to hear drunken domestic arguments and crying is quite upsetting when your on holiday..toilet habits and even quiet whispers.. one review said they had to pay for extra bedding as it was cold, but in our apartments there was blankets in the wardrobes, we did need this as weather didn't start off to great.
I found the pools to be fantastic, very large, not deep, nice beach like slopes to walk in to them, water was cold but that didn't bother my youngest, always got a sun bed, even in the afternoon, best positioned ones were claimed about 7/8 in the morning though. The surrounding grounds were gorgeous, well kept, so sat round the pool was lovely.
We were all inclusive and the soft drinks were self service which was a nice touch, including slush puppies which the kids enjoyed..There were quite big queues to the bar for the alcohol,but the bar staff were very friendly.. it was plastic cups but ive never been to a pool area where you were aloud proper glasses around it..
My favorite part was the amazing, gorgeous beach that is a 5 minute walk down a private path from the hotel.. clear water, no rocks in the sand, pure paradise, sunbeds 5 euros for the day and there's a little hut selling drinks and ice creams... its not commercialized at all, one of the best beaches ive been too.
Calas De Mallorca has a lovely little shopping village a few minutes walk from the hotel, has everything you need... gift shops, bars, clothes, supermarket and a fun fair.
The all inclusive food wasn't the best ive had, my kids managed to eat all week so that's the main thing, usual thing alot of repetitiveness threw the week, The dinner hall was always heaving too!! sometimes hard to find a table.
The entertainment wasn't to bad.. you had a choice of 2 bars in the evening, one would have mainly Karaoke with a great lady trying her hardest to get people up! and another one which was more like a club where the parrot shows, flamenco dancers and competitions would be held. also in the evening the pool area would have bouncy castles, kiddie racing cars, those hamster balls that go in the water(at a price, not sure how much didnt use them), there's always something going on.
Overall i love Calas De Mallorca would defantly return, i also would return to Club Cala Romani as its clean,friendly and has gorgeous surroundings, they just need to update its facility's, get wifi and insulation!

Room Tip: Avoid Tomir block.. its so far away, especially if you've forgotten something , worth a 20 euro...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Buffymum3
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2013

When reading some bad reviews I honestly thought it was fussy people moaning! I enjoyed my week away to Majorca but I wouldn't go back to this hotel. Check in was fine, asked for a pool view not a problem... We got this deal last minute and was quite reasonable and yes you do get what you pay for

Here's a few things I learned:

1. Screaming out of control children EVERYWHERE! I get this is a family resort but some of these parents had no interest in controlling their children there were more interested in the all inclusive bar! Kids running everywhere in the dinner hall, you really do needs eyes in the back f your head. One child ran into me causing me to drop a plate while another child was screaming and throwing jelly all over the floor - accident waiting to happen! The pool will be closed a couple of times during your visit by either a child throwing up or doing the toilet in the pool - poor lifeguard had to fish it out! I agree with someone who said it was a lot of 'chavy' families! It look like a lot of them used their benefits to pay for their holiday and all inclusive really does mean just that!!! Piles of food on the plates, tons of drink, pushing in the queue!

2. The food was edible 'some' nights! On the whole it was pretty bland ad tasteless. We ate out quite a lot as the food was never exciting and very repetitive! It's not that expensive to eat out and well worth it!

3. The walls were paper thin in the room - nothing like being woking up in the middle of the night by you neighbour doing a pee to make you feel like your really on holiday!! Sounded like he was peeing right next to my bed!!

4. The entertainment was bizarre it was honestly like stepping back into the 80's! Do yourself a favour take a pack of cards with you to keep yourself entertained

I know it was cheap and cheerful and I've been on some lovely all inclusive s in the Dominican and Egypt where things were at a much higher standard. Luckily this isn't my main holiday and I still have another to look forward to otherwise I would have been pretty gutted. It's a lovely resort and the hotel was nice, but I wouldn't go all inclusive to this hotel again

Room Tip: Request a pool view when you check in
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Blau Punta Reina Resort
Blau Punta Reina Resort
#6 of 11 in Porto Cristo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,660 reviews

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!