“Ok for 3 nights!”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel in need of refurbishment. Shower was broken so had to have a bath and hold shower over my head! Food wasn't brilliant. There was 22 of us and think each one of us had an upset stomach! The sunbeds were very uncomfortable as there were no mattresses on them.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kelly150474
There are newer reviews for Club Cala Romani

Reviewed 27 October 2013

spent the week, just returned today, with friends and their 3 kids, 5, 8 and 11 years. excellent activities for the kids including the kids club and the evening kids disco. Great to see a group of young people with learning difficulties from Germany being totally included in everything by the staff and other holiday makers. My room was basic but very clean and the shower was excellent, the bed was a bit too firm and only CNN on TV but that was ok for me. Excellent view of the pools. lovely beach very close by. Whole complex very clean. Food was ok all very fresh but wouldn't want to have to eat it for 2 weeks as not a huge choice but fine for 1 week. Very good value for 1 week in late October and we were lucky with the weather. Staff also friendly and efficient only complaint is towels in room were well used and not always replaced daily even when taken by cleaners. Also long long transfer from airport.

Room Tip: overlooking pool and higher rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrissyW156
Reviewed 26 October 2013

What can I say. We'll to some it up we called it the Jeremy Kyle Hotel. I think it was the waiting room for the show !!!!!!
The entertainment did our heads in as an example our 1st night we went downstairs to see what it's all about and they did a certificate thing where they called people on stage to collect a certificate on a game they had won in the day. We counted 25 people on stage and some of them got more than 1. It took 1 hour to complete this because everything is done in 5 different languages which gets annoying because even when it gets to English you can't understand it. We tried to watch the adult game show but in the end had to get out of there because it took way to long with translating every question.
As for the bar or reception there is only ever 1 person serving, so be prepared to wait. Even at night 1 bar staff. You get a tiny plastic cup for your alcohol and two at one time only.
The food was fine. Nothing to grumble about to be fare. You would always find something but it is a stampede and you Que outside to get in, nothing in the dining area is in order either like butter not by the bread, cutlery u search for, oh bring tea bags because it's the worst tea ever and I'm not fussy. Coffee out of machine is nice though.
Room fine, women there's no hair dryer but think you can hire one. Room was kept clean and it has large wardrobe.
I don't normally write reviews but just felt I had to because most places I can't see why people moan however just thought I would just put few pointers in to hope I help.
It's great if you have children because it is packed with children of all ages. We went during term so thought it would be quiet but we were wrong we though every child and teenager from Britain was there and I'm sorry to say I do love kids but don't no what was wrong with there manners. It's like the parents think oh your on holiday don't worry about it. Trust me,might seem harsh but I think you will end up agreeing. Like I say if you have children of your own with you I think they will love it so I'm trying not to be too negative.
The resort is very small, just a short walk to the shops and really only one bar to drink in. Well there's two stuck together with different names but same owners. You can watch football etc there and karaoke at night. It's ok in there. There are lots of shops it's a maze but helped us pass time and to get out of the hotel for a while.
Hope I've helped but remember. Jeremy Kyle springs to mind!! Don't think I seen a person with a full set of teeth (including the women) lol SORRY

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed with a group of friends and enjoyed my stay and bars close by we're the best especially themirish pub o'connells you couldnt beat an evening of karaoke. The room was clean and food was ok staff not so friendly but apart from that our get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

With the price of my holiday I was very impressed. Well done Club cala Romani. Very well run spotless clean, staff very nice and plenty of good food to everyones taste. will be back again . Highly recommended for a great holiday on a budget

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anne j
Reviewed 25 October 2013

hotel very drab looking from outside (needs painting),it looks clean on the surface but dig deeper and you find it is quite grubby.
bedlinen not changed until the last day of a 14 night stay.
ignorant and miserable staff i knows its been a long summer but you don`t pay good money to go on holiday and be served by miserable and foul faced staff.
food although pallatable,very very bland more back street cafe than three star hotel,BLOODY QUEUES dining area obviously inadequate.
BARS MORNING NOON AND BLOODY NIGHT QUEUE QUEUE QUEUE,ALL IN TINY PLASTIC TUMBLERS YOU ACTUALLY SPENT MORE TIME QUEUEING THAN SAT AT A TABLE eg 2 DRINKS EQUALS 4 MOUTHFULS.the strength of the drinks is not what you would expect either
very weak and possibly dilluted?....
this obviously was once a very nice hotel now 3 stars more like 2 stars and that is being overly generous.........
would i go again? no way please don`t just read the good reviews but bad as well i wish my party of 11 people had.
whatmore can i say,i would not recommend this (hotel?) to any one........................

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sionside
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was a bit uneasy, having read the unfavourable reveiw, and never been on an 'all inclusive' before. Yes, there were lots of families (we did wonder how they were there in term time). There was always plenty of choice of food. and drinks, if wanted, all day. All the staff we came in contact with were pleasant, friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned daily, and linen changed during the week, The bar and restaurant areas were cleaned up regualarly, fresh tablecloths put on tables as soon as they were vacated. What do people expect for the money?

Room Tip: The rooms were allocated on arrival. The rooms overlooking the pool side queter than the roadside,a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calas de Majorca
HSM Canarios Park
HSM Canarios Park
#10 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
#20 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Palma Bay Club Resort
Palma Bay Club Resort
#70 of 78 in Playa de Palma

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!