“Beautiful surroundings, average hotel.”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Club Cala Romani for 10 days in July 2013 with my boyfriend and our two friends (another couple aged 19)
Had a brilliant holiday here but this was mainly down to the surrounding areas. Gorgeous beach only a short walk from hotel which was one of the best points about this destination.
Worst part of stay was definitely the food at the hotel. Practically in edible. Breakfast was poor and sausages tasted like soap! Lunches and dinners were the same every day and resorted to eating plain pasta as it was all we could stomach. As a group of 19 year olds we are not particularly fussy with food but we had to pay a lot more every day to accommodate the poor all inclusive food. Bars/restaurants in surrounding area were fantastic and we ate out almost every morning and evening to avoid the food in the hotel. Surrounding areas had a variety of bars and restaurants including a lovely Indian restaurant which we ate in more than once. The all inclusive drinks at the hotel were okay, good measures but very cheap, local alcohol and cocktails were nonexistent. Apart from the food, the rest of our stay was brilliant at Club Cala Romani. The rooms were very spacious and well kept, bathroom very clean. Single beds were pushed together to make one double which was difficult as we would wake up during the night with a gaping hole between both beds. Overall the rooms were nice and very clean. Staff were overall very pleasant and the range of activities during the day were good. A variety of different sports/games including table tennis, tennis, football, volleyball, water polo which we participated in frequently. Poolside was lovely, very busy but we could always find sun loungers together which was a plus.
Overall we had an amazing stay in Calas de Mallorca but would recommend not to go all inclusive as we spent more money eating out every night. There is a local shop too that sells alcohol at duty free prices which we took advantage of a few nights and enjoyed a drink on the balcony. Beach is beautiful and we had a very relaxing holiday here. Probably wouldn't head back to this particular part of Mallorca but we certainly did enjoy our time here.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Clmilton
Write a ReviewReviews (3,263)

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

nice hotel shame about british holiday makers leaving millions of cups by poolside and moaning .cheap holiday .food absolutely fantastic never disappointed .apartments no equpment so if you fancy a brew take a kettle

11  Thank jane1987russ
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped here in september, weather was ok no rain but not much sun either.
Lovely hotel, very clean, cleaned everyday! Pools are clean and big plenty of room, got a sunbed everyday..
Downside is the food! We ate out near enough every day and night! Not a good variety and not nice

1  Thank Tiffs6
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Myself and a couple of friends came here (booked via holidaygems) for a long weekend after a somewhat hectic holiday in Ibiza as we managed to get a great deal online last-minute.

When we arrived at the hotel, we could see it was very big and automatically assumed it would be a little run-down since the resort was one of the quieter on the island. We were attended to quickly by the friendly receptionist, and were given a room on the top floor with a breathtaking view facing the countryside (and pool). The room was very clean, with balcony, everything worked, and the soundproofing between us and next door was much better than our hotel in Ibiza.. the lack of A/C being the only downside to this hotel.

The pool complex was massive (one of the biggest on the island we were told) and also clean (except from lazy holidaymakers leaving cups/plates etc lying beside their departed sun-loungers despite many bins being available) and there were plenty of sunbeds to choose from, being the end of season. The bar service was good, no queues, drinks were fine (all-inclusive standard) and the slush puppies went down well with a splash of vodka!

All of the staff we encountered were polite and many were friendly.. on our last night, upon leaving the bar, the bar manager gave us a shout then handed us a bottle of cava! Was much appreciated!

The entertainment we witnessed was of a very high standard (some semi-famous singer we were told) and the function room was packed out that night. The other nights we had ventured out of the hotel and into the resort.

Our only real negative of our time in Club Cala Romani was the quality of the All-Inclusive meals - we attempted dinner on two occasions and found it was quite dull, tasteless and not very imaginative.. but then again we had came from a hotel in Ibiza that had top ratings for its' all-inclusive menu, so maybe our expectations were a little high. Anyway, it didn't really bother us as the snack bar had an endless supply of rolls and bread with fresh ham/cheese/salad and pate, and since we'd paid so little for the trip, we enjoyed eating out of the hotel when we did.

What have I forgotten..? Oh, the beach was a ten minute walk along a purpose-built path from the rear of the hotel, and it was a cracking beach at that. The resort of Calas de Mallorca didn't have a lot going on (wouldn't really recommend for under 25's unless with kids) but it was fine by us since we were there for a bit of a chillout.

Overall I would recommend the hotel (if you don't pay a top-tier price) and were it in a more lively resort, we'd most likely be back!

Room Tip: Go for a top-floor room facing the rear of the hotel, much better views, quieter, and breathtaking s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank John H
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Gosh it shocks me that some of the reviews about this hotel are so negative ? I have stayed here twice now , once with a friend on a girlie holiday & because I loved it so much , once with my fella. The hotel itself is very clean, rooms cleaned & fresh towels every day. Admittedly food does get a little repetitive but you would have to be really fussy not to find something ! We ate out a few times but there is a wonderful little town/village just a short meander from the hotel with some fab little bars restaurants , very reasonable priced. The little town has everything you could want or need , Also there are 3 wonderful little beaches within walking distance . Their are also busses that come regularly so your never far from a fab day out .. For the money I payed I was extremely happy and will go back again :)

18  Thank Cowler
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends for 5 nights all inclusive. Rooms pretty small but did the job for us. Food and entertain was great. Would def stay here again. Plus the pool was fantastic. Pretty close to town only a few mins walk away. Beach 10 min walk was stunning. Small alcove but beaitiful clear water. Great for snorkelling.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank John L
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Ok so I read these reviews for months before going on this holiday worrying about all th negatives and trying to convince myself that I will make the holiday good etc.....
Well I went with my husband we are both 23 and my 2 girls (3 and1) we are a very normal family orientated couple.
Transfer we did hear it would be long but ours only took 1 hour their and 50mins back but I did hear from others theirs was longer.
Rooms, we stayed in apartment which was very spacious. Great storage. Clean, nice balcony :) there is no tv which my husband did eventually miss but to be honest you don't need it. It's so lovely once kids were in bed u could sit on balcony . No air con but I found it ok with ceiling fan. Quite hot at times but just opened the balcony door for a bit :)
Pool was great loads of room . Graduated which is brill for kids especially my 1 year old who played at the shallow part of the pool.
Drinks were fine , slush puppies were great:)
Staff friendly and the entertainment team are really nice. My 3 year old got to know the dance routines and songs really quick even though they sound rediculous the kids loved them. Face painting Etc was good.
Food. When people say repetitive I am not sure what they mean as yea they always had salad, a soup, chips, and pasta and rice but th main dishes always changed . Something for everyone. This was something I worried about but it was ok. Yes you do get fed up but who doesn't when you go abroad.
If you are a normal down to earth couple with kids then you will like this place as it's great for kids. Not sure if older couples would like it if they don't have kids.
I won't go again I don't think as I never go bac to the same hotel but this was really nice and hope you enjoy if you go :)

• Stayed: June 2013
JS Es Corso
JS Es Corso
#4 of 7 in Portocolom
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 14 in Calas de Majorca
#6 of 14 in Calas de Majorca
Barcelo Ponent Playa
Barcelo Ponent Playa
#19 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!