“So Good Going Back And Taking The Rest Of The Family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“So Good Going Back And Taking The Rest Of The Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here July 2013 a week with my friend, mother and sister enjoyed it so much booked the whole family this time back in 7 weeks :) great food and I am a fussy eater when abroad. Pool is amazing, entertainment all through the day. Alcohol locally sourced ice cold san Miguel!!! the beach is stunning. rooms are basic but who holidays to stay In their room.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank vickie g

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Polish first
kirkcaldy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

ok here goes, This is my 8th time at cala romani, Im just back from a 4 night break with mums I have met there through the years, I decided to try cala as it was just opening as mostly I go with my family as its about to close.. well what can I say....amazing. this hotel never ceases to amaze me, I have noticed all the imporvements made to the hotel and also noticed the hotel are taking on board all suggestions made by holiday makers,I know they cant do them all at once but at least they are doing somthing.

general areas of the hotel, theres are 3 large beach style pools one of the life guards there is David hes with another lifguard but dont know his name,there 2 squash courts,2 tennis courts,a football/volley ball pitch, they also have a swing park for the kids and the most recient change is the have made a giant sand pit. this gets hosed down every night. general areas are cleaned regularly, I would say please keep putting cups in the bins as wasps can be annoying, my ex brother in law got stung on the bum (ha ha).

ok,
first of all we booked the speedy shuttle which is cheap and only picked up one other couple, so our transfer time was just under 50 mins, but please note that speedy shuttle say that maximum pick ups are 4. we only had 1 due to low season.

second the reception is nice Danny and Elouise are especially helpfull always served us with a smile,check in has always been smooth and glitch free,they both made sure we knew where to go and gave us a booklet with loads of information about the hotel if we were unsure,I know ive been already lol but its nice that they dont asume we know where anything is as things change.

third, the rooms are still basic there are ceiling fans and all rooms have their own balcony. rooms are spotless, our maid (Candy) was lovely she gave me clean towels every day and the bed sheets are changed once a week.I I did ask Candy for a blanket as it was a bit colder through the night and she gave me one there and then.I found her very approachable and she was eager to make sure my stay was comforable.

fourth, food/resturant food is plentiful with a vast selection, ok not everyone will be happy with whats on offer but im happy and my family are happy, they have great choices especially when the carvery is on just delightfull.they have pizza and a choice of 3 meat courses and all you can eat too.theres also a massive choice of salad one choice of soup. the puddings vary from angel delight,cake,jelly,trifle,cream caramel, the list goes on.when the restuarnat is closed the snack bar is open.these consist of cold meats and bread +rolls etc. I have made a request to bring back chips but wait and see if they do bring them back.

fith bar staff. I find bar staff to be very kind, they give my children lollipops lol. Tony,Juan,Milo and Carmelo I think thats his name are just so funny. they just made our night even more special.drinks are two each time you go to the bar.well ive only got two hands lol. they have slushes and soft drinks for kids and ice creams whenever you want them.I really cant fault the bar staff they work really hard easpecially when its busy.

last but not least entertainment, as you all know weve been going here a while now so the entertainment staff have introuduced new ideas to the day to day activities such as hockey, salsa dancing, pistol shooting,club dancing. I cant remember them all but I welcome the change.ive never had so much fun with all these guys Abrihim, Lennie,Bepin aka (cucumber) ha ha and Mia what a lovely person.they work with the adults and the girls who I just adore Araceli and Danielle Mia they a brilliant work with the children, they are just so kind and caring you can tell they are just so genuine, I wanted to take them home with me but wasnt allowed. ok ill stop rabbiting on now.

but most importantly what I wanted to say is all in all for this hotel,not only do the staff make a special effort for my children they also make a special effort for me, in this hotel I feel safe, I feel welcome and im well looked after. I have made and met some amazing friends/people. it just makes me want to come back year after year after year.

Room Tip: if you have teenagers its better to get a room with two bathrooms. dont go for apartments they only...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank clairedoherty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights end of August 2013. had not been abroad for over 20 years. It was me my wife and 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter.
Was a little wary of the reviews but really should not have worried. The transfer was a little on the long side but we were expecting this.The hotel room was basic but clean. The food was excellent for what we paid so not sure why some people were moaning. staff were friendly and very helpful.
Rooms were cleaned regularly. Beach was just a ten minute walk away and wow it was superb.
There was a bar on the beach which obviously was not part of the AI but we did not use it just took our own drinks. The town was a short walk away with plenty of bars and restaurants. The pools were lovely and warm and never overcrowded. Always able to get a sunbed.
The entertainment on the evening did have a campsite feel about it but you don't have to sit there and watch we just sat around the pool playing cards. The AI drinks were excellent again not sure why some reviewers complained. Everything shut down at midnight as it is a family hotel but there are bars in the town that stayed open later.
All in all we were all very happy with this holiday and would really recommend it to young families as it was geared up for this type of holiday.
Would i go back here again,probably not to this hotel as my children are a little too old now and are looking for a bit more nightlife. I would however go back to this resort as it was peaceful and quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was on the road side which meant you were sometimes woken in the early hours by coaches arr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Paul P
Witianga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Aug 13 as a group of 5 adults and 5 children. We were happy with everything to do with this holiday from the pool to the food and entertainment. We did find the drink a little weak and the meals repetitive but that is to be expected with an all inclusive. I would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank uk_kiwi_couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for a week in September last year. Me and my boyfriend were not expecting much due to a lot of awful reviews on here, however we were quite satisfied with the hotel. The hotel was clean and there is a lot to do on the night, with many activities. A lot is geared towards children and there were many children there, so it would be ideal for a family with children as there was plenty for them to do. The rooms were nice enough and spacious, although rather basic. There is a pathway that leads from the hotel to the beach so that is brilliant and convenient, it is a really nice walk. The pools are really good and there are hundreds of sun beds available so there was no squabbling for sun beds as there were plenty around and stacks of them that were not even being used.
There are some downsides which concerns location of the hotel. Although transfers says that it will only be around a 90 minute journey, it is more likely to be over 2 hours, and that's after you've waited for other planes to land for more passengers to arrive. I honestly would recommend booking a private taxi (not just for this hotel, but if you are staying in the area at all) because it just takes up so much time. There is a really sweet collection of shops just up the road that has lots to do and are open late, however it becomes very tedious after a short while. So if you are like me and get bored very easily lying on the beach, then there isn't a lot that you can do otherwise. There is only really one bar that you can drink at and eat at, which is very good! But once again, you will be there every night. There are a couple clubs but when we visited them they were pretty dead, due to the area being so cut off.
One other downside is that the food at the hotel isn't brilliant - it is not terrible but we both got very sick of it very easily. Although, for the amount we paid it was not bad at all! We ate out a lot (once again, we didn't mind because we had paid so little for the all inclusive) but the area is pretty expensive as there is little choice, so food and drink were not cheap. A pint was 4 euros, and at that time it was practically equivalent to £4 so not unreasonable, just not as cheap as would be expected on holiday. The area itself is pretty cut off and it is difficult to get anywhere and to rely on just buses. There is about a 20 minute drive between the area and the next local areas, so I would recommend hiring a car for your holiday.
Overall, the holiday was good and we really enjoyed ourselves. The staff were friendly and the drinks selection was good. If you don't plan to eat at the hotel every night, and often head out for food, then this hotel would be ideal. Definitely worth what we paid for.

Room Tip: We paid extra to have the room "upgraded" but our room was the same as all the others, so...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank EAK137
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have stayed here twice over the past 2 years. 2 adults and 2 children 4 & 7. Both times we stayed with family with other children. Firstly transfers are long and nothing to do with the hotel. It does take about an hour if your 1st stop like we were. On our second visit we booked direct with the hotel who arranged our private transfer.
Food is ok, a good selection to choose from but it can be repetative. They have a pizzeria at lunch time and snacks through out the day. There is a small town 5 mins down the road with a selection of cafes, chinese resturants, steak house etc if you fancy something different (I know its all inclusive, but we went for a lovley chinese one night)
The entertainment team were really good, always something for the kids to do in the day and at night mini disco and entertainment.
Grounds are well kept and theres a lovely walk down to a gorgeous beach.
Rooms are basic but how much time are you going to spend in them?! They were clean and maid service everyday bar one i think. Very spacious in the apartment blocks.
Kids could only take inflatables in small pool the second time we went and the life guards were hot on this. We had to get up early to get sunbeds (everyone reserved even though it said not too) close to the small pool so we could keep an eye on the little ones.
Lots of cups were left about from lazy people which did attract wasp....there are plenty of bins.
Staff very helpful and we will probably return in the future.
We paid just over £1000 for 2 adult and 2 children for 10 days, (May 17 2013) we booked easy jet flight as soon as they were released (oct) and booking direct with Marianne at club cala romani. No deposit needed we paid cash on arrival.
We enjoyed it and both families that came with us did too....but if your a fussy eater or expect a 5 start hotel dont bother booking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Smithyfamily7
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Club Cala Romani for 10 days in July 2013 with my boyfriend and our two friends (another couple aged 19)
Had a brilliant holiday here but this was mainly down to the surrounding areas. Gorgeous beach only a short walk from hotel which was one of the best points about this destination.
Worst part of stay was definitely the food at the hotel. Practically in edible. Breakfast was poor and sausages tasted like soap! Lunches and dinners were the same every day and resorted to eating plain pasta as it was all we could stomach. As a group of 19 year olds we are not particularly fussy with food but we had to pay a lot more every day to accommodate the poor all inclusive food. Bars/restaurants in surrounding area were fantastic and we ate out almost every morning and evening to avoid the food in the hotel. Surrounding areas had a variety of bars and restaurants including a lovely Indian restaurant which we ate in more than once. The all inclusive drinks at the hotel were okay, good measures but very cheap, local alcohol and cocktails were nonexistent. Apart from the food, the rest of our stay was brilliant at Club Cala Romani. The rooms were very spacious and well kept, bathroom very clean. Single beds were pushed together to make one double which was difficult as we would wake up during the night with a gaping hole between both beds. Overall the rooms were nice and very clean. Staff were overall very pleasant and the range of activities during the day were good. A variety of different sports/games including table tennis, tennis, football, volleyball, water polo which we participated in frequently. Poolside was lovely, very busy but we could always find sun loungers together which was a plus.
Overall we had an amazing stay in Calas de Mallorca but would recommend not to go all inclusive as we spent more money eating out every night. There is a local shop too that sells alcohol at duty free prices which we took advantage of a few nights and enjoyed a drink on the balcony. Beach is beautiful and we had a very relaxing holiday here. Probably wouldn't head back to this particular part of Mallorca but we certainly did enjoy our time here.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
HYB Eurocalas
HYB Eurocalas
#7 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,056 reviews

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!