“AWESOME HOLIDAY!!!”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went to the hotel at the beginning of May just as the hotel opened and even though it was the start of the season we were not disappointed. My friend and I have already been once before but as we knew what to expect we wanted to go again! From start to finish the holiday was amazing the hotel staff were nice and friendly and 3 of the animation team went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect holiday, Alaina, Pepi and Nacho made sure that we always had a smile on our faces. The food was great, pools were awesome, activities fun and all round it was a fab houliday already looking at going with even more friends next year!!

Room Tip: If you can get a pool view room amazing view in the mornings!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank jacob t
There are newer reviews for Club Cala Romani

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our third time at cala Romani and I have to say it's still the best hotel by far!! For anyone who hasn't been well you should!! Food is excellent,great choices!pools to die for!entertainment brilliant,rooms are clean and well kept! All the staff are absolutely wonderful, happy! and helpful! They make your stay special one that great memories are made from! Should you decide to give Romani a try I can't see anyone whowould be disappointed!!!!! Can't comment on room service or fitness centre as we never used either of them. :))))))))))

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pate19602014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just got back from the Cala Romani and want to go back already!!!! Great hotel with lots of amenities, great atmosphere, lovely food, pleasant staff and always kept very clean. Was thinking about naming positives first then rounding off with negatives, but to be honest, I cant think of anything bad to say about it!!!! Trust me, I've been to many other places around Spain and in Majorca itself, but this is the only hotel I've ever wanted to go back to - this being our third time. Always been with my partner but have also taken my son and my dad with us and had a great time each visit which shows you van have a great time there whether just as a couple or as a family. All the staff are very friendly and eager to please to make stay a good one. A special mention has to go to Juan the barman - "The Top Barman" as he told me!! He takes great pleasure in remembering guests and their tipples and really makes it seem like you're getting that personal service!! Elsewhere in the hotel I don't think we met any other member of staff who didn't offer a pleasant smile and a hello - even the cleaning ladies.
Its been two years since we were last there and I must say standards hadn't slipped at all but actually improved. Rooms were of a very good standard and cleaned daily with fresh towels. Only stayed for a week but cleaner even insisted on changing the sheets!! Pool area was always clean with any spilled drinks or loose cups tidied away quickly. Even had someone "hovering" the floor area around the pool at numerous times of the day
The food was superb and plentiful every meal. Good choice of salad lines and different choice of hot meats and fish every day. Chips and pizza available for the kids at every meal and always a pasta and sauce. Never had the same meal twice - such was the choice. It was always hot and freshly topped up.
The animation team worked hard and earned their wage!!!! They did various activities during the day ranging from soft exercises round the pool area to Salsa lessons. They were on the go from early morning till late at night and all very friendly. They provided some of the entertainment at night, but also we saw a parrot show and a reptile show so even the quality of entertainment has improved - and everyone was encouraged to get involved, but only if they wanted to - no pressure!!
I could go on for ever but think that if anyone wants to know more then visit the hotel for yourselves. You will not be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: One of the best pools I have ever had at any hotel so a pool view is great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here July 2013 a week with my friend, mother and sister enjoyed it so much booked the whole family this time back in 7 weeks :) great food and I am a fussy eater when abroad. Pool is amazing, entertainment all through the day. Alcohol locally sourced ice cold san Miguel!!! the beach is stunning. rooms are basic but who holidays to stay In their room.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank vickie g
Reviewed 15 May 2014

ok here goes, This is my 8th time at cala romani, Im just back from a 4 night break with mums I have met there through the years, I decided to try cala as it was just opening as mostly I go with my family as its about to close.. well what can I say....amazing. this hotel never ceases to amaze me, I have noticed all the imporvements made to the hotel and also noticed the hotel are taking on board all suggestions made by holiday makers,I know they cant do them all at once but at least they are doing somthing.

general areas of the hotel, theres are 3 large beach style pools one of the life guards there is David hes with another lifguard but dont know his name,there 2 squash courts,2 tennis courts,a football/volley ball pitch, they also have a swing park for the kids and the most recient change is the have made a giant sand pit. this gets hosed down every night. general areas are cleaned regularly, I would say please keep putting cups in the bins as wasps can be annoying, my ex brother in law got stung on the bum (ha ha).

ok,
first of all we booked the speedy shuttle which is cheap and only picked up one other couple, so our transfer time was just under 50 mins, but please note that speedy shuttle say that maximum pick ups are 4. we only had 1 due to low season.

second the reception is nice Danny and Elouise are especially helpfull always served us with a smile,check in has always been smooth and glitch free,they both made sure we knew where to go and gave us a booklet with loads of information about the hotel if we were unsure,I know ive been already lol but its nice that they dont asume we know where anything is as things change.

third, the rooms are still basic there are ceiling fans and all rooms have their own balcony. rooms are spotless, our maid (Candy) was lovely she gave me clean towels every day and the bed sheets are changed once a week.I I did ask Candy for a blanket as it was a bit colder through the night and she gave me one there and then.I found her very approachable and she was eager to make sure my stay was comforable.

fourth, food/resturant food is plentiful with a vast selection, ok not everyone will be happy with whats on offer but im happy and my family are happy, they have great choices especially when the carvery is on just delightfull.they have pizza and a choice of 3 meat courses and all you can eat too.theres also a massive choice of salad one choice of soup. the puddings vary from angel delight,cake,jelly,trifle,cream caramel, the list goes on.when the restuarnat is closed the snack bar is open.these consist of cold meats and bread +rolls etc. I have made a request to bring back chips but wait and see if they do bring them back.

fith bar staff. I find bar staff to be very kind, they give my children lollipops lol. Tony,Juan,Milo and Carmelo I think thats his name are just so funny. they just made our night even more special.drinks are two each time you go to the bar.well ive only got two hands lol. they have slushes and soft drinks for kids and ice creams whenever you want them.I really cant fault the bar staff they work really hard easpecially when its busy.

last but not least entertainment, as you all know weve been going here a while now so the entertainment staff have introuduced new ideas to the day to day activities such as hockey, salsa dancing, pistol shooting,club dancing. I cant remember them all but I welcome the change.ive never had so much fun with all these guys Abrihim, Lennie,Bepin aka (cucumber) ha ha and Mia what a lovely person.they work with the adults and the girls who I just adore Araceli and Danielle Mia they a brilliant work with the children, they are just so kind and caring you can tell they are just so genuine, I wanted to take them home with me but wasnt allowed. ok ill stop rabbiting on now.

but most importantly what I wanted to say is all in all for this hotel,not only do the staff make a special effort for my children they also make a special effort for me, in this hotel I feel safe, I feel welcome and im well looked after. I have made and met some amazing friends/people. it just makes me want to come back year after year after year.

Room Tip: if you have teenagers its better to get a room with two bathrooms. dont go for apartments they only...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank clairedoherty
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights end of August 2013. had not been abroad for over 20 years. It was me my wife and 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter.
Was a little wary of the reviews but really should not have worried. The transfer was a little on the long side but we were expecting this.The hotel room was basic but clean. The food was excellent for what we paid so not sure why some people were moaning. staff were friendly and very helpful.
Rooms were cleaned regularly. Beach was just a ten minute walk away and wow it was superb.
There was a bar on the beach which obviously was not part of the AI but we did not use it just took our own drinks. The town was a short walk away with plenty of bars and restaurants. The pools were lovely and warm and never overcrowded. Always able to get a sunbed.
The entertainment on the evening did have a campsite feel about it but you don't have to sit there and watch we just sat around the pool playing cards. The AI drinks were excellent again not sure why some reviewers complained. Everything shut down at midnight as it is a family hotel but there are bars in the town that stayed open later.
All in all we were all very happy with this holiday and would really recommend it to young families as it was geared up for this type of holiday.
Would i go back here again,probably not to this hotel as my children are a little too old now and are looking for a bit more nightlife. I would however go back to this resort as it was peaceful and quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was on the road side which meant you were sometimes woken in the early hours by coaches arr...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Paul P
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Aug 13 as a group of 5 adults and 5 children. We were happy with everything to do with this holiday from the pool to the food and entertainment. We did find the drink a little weak and the meals repetitive but that is to be expected with an all inclusive. I would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank uk_kiwi_couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calas de Majorca
HSM Canarios Park
HSM Canarios Park
#10 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
#20 of 30 in Playa de Muro
Palma Bay Club Resort
Palma Bay Club Resort
#70 of 78 in Playa de Palma

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!