“Nice”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to club cala Romani for 5 nights 20th may 2014. Basic hotel but clean and food was fine. Same as any all inclusive hotels. Weather fantastic during day but take a cardi for the night as it's gets cold. But overall a lovely chill so yes I.d return . Animation team really try hard so always something going on. Great for kids. Take a trip to cala millor a really beautiful place. Loads of shops and a beach to die for.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tracey C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,257)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to club cala Romani twice first time was last year with my family we got there and had a good welcome from them there was plenty to do for kids in the day time there was a kids club ages between 2-13 a mini disco at night time at 9-10 doing dances and games kids loved it then in day time for 18over there were plenty of activity going on around the pool and evening the had adults entertainment room were clean and had everything you needed for the week or two the waiter were very friendly the reps were very good,that was end of August time and this year I took a family with my family and do did my younger sister we all day a great time they had a couple of changes but there were good changes and I can't wait for my next visit

• Stayed: May 2014
8  Thank Kirstyshannonn
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just spent a week at the Hotel and impressed with value for our money. Good choice of hot and cold food served daily. The staff were friendly and efficient from the waiting staff to the cleaners. Room service daily and liked the little touches like the clean Linen table cloth every time we sat down to eat. The swimming pool is a real jewel, plenty of room and sun beds. The hotel was clean in all areas even though the rooms are a little dated. We will be returning to the hotel with our family. The entertainment was enjoyable and the beach a short walk away. Just one suggestion would be to have a television in the room, maybe have the option to hire one!
Theresa & Neil

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed 22 May 2014

just got back from a week in this hotel , really good value for money , very very clean , lovely large pool but very cold so couldnt brave it .
not much to do in evening as they had a large french party staying the staff seemed to cater for them and not any one else which was a shame,
cant really complain as holiday was really cheap, food was okay plenty to eat and drink.
just be aware 2hrs from airport by coach long while .
over all was a nice break away .

Room Tip: ask for pool side room as road side can be noisy and not much sun so cant use balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I went to Cala Romani with my mum and 4 month old baby. First impressions weren't great; the hotel from the outside looks rather dilapidated.

The room we were staying in was small but very clean. Two single beds and a cot. Bedding wasn't scratchy in the slightest and I didn't get that 'icky' feeling I sometimes do in anyone's sheets but my own. The bathroom had a shower/bath, a toilet, a bum washer (ha forgot the name) and a sink. Water became hot immediately and the shower had decent power on it.

Also in the rooms was a tv (we never used so can't comment), decent sized wardrobe and storage for your clothes, and a balcony over looking the pool, also a good size.

Maids were excellent. Very pleasant, especially to my 4 month old. They cleaned thourougly throughout and changed the bed linen/towels everyday.

There was no AC in our room, just a fan. It was fine in May but it would very easily get stifling in hot summer months; just a thought.

The pool was clean and we saw a pool man attend to it everyday. There was lots of sunbeds and shade (great for littluns). There was also tables and chairs all around the pool area and close to the pool bar.

The pool bar was super. Alcoholic drinks weren't watered down (wahey) and their imitation booze was top notch. Try 'Irish pastures' their Baileys!
Drinks come in small plastic cups during the day and bigger ones a night. Two per person. Other drinks on offer were slush puppies, tea/coffee/hot chocolate etc, pop machine, fruit juice machine and all manner of alcohol.

Food.... I don't know what to say! I'm funny with buffet food but it was great. To the reviewer who said not much choice? What? Really?

Breakfast: tea/coffee etc machine, fruit juice machine along with choice of cereals, yoghurts, fruit, meats, tomatoes, and English breakfast which changed every day (the hash browns and scrambled egg with tomato are to die for). There was always a selection of bread, croissants, jam and butter too. Oh and a toaster!

Dinner: all the usual drinks plus red and white wine tap (very drinkable). Dinner varied all the time but the meals that stuck out most were seafood paella with lobster claws, mussles, oysters, prawns, shrimp and calamari in, and pork that you saw sliced in front of you with lots of trimming. There was a large selection of salad my mam loved- carrots, onions, beetroot, pasta salad, potato salad, artichoke salad etc. There was also meats and cheeses, as well as pasta and sauces, fish, another type of meat, chips, potoatoes amongst many others. As always, there was bread and butter, fruit, yoghurt available and also dessert. It changed all the time but sometimes we enjoyed arctic roll or rice pudding with cinnamon (mmmm)

Tea: always pizza available which was seriously good. Always salad, pasta, fish and other meats available too. Everything available at dinner is available at tea (I don't mean the same food, do you get me? I mean there's always certain choices available)

The food was always hot and never ran out. Chefs were lovely, the ladies and gents cleaning up never did anything but smile.

All in all it was a fantastic stay. Very enjoyable made all the better by the lovely bar staff, cleaners, maids, receptionist and animation team who did lots of actives for children and adults alike (none I can comment on because I didn't go and my baby was too young)

My only critisism was the long transfer - 4 hours even though it's only 45 mins from the airport. However, that's not the hotels fault, I'm just mentioning it for future reference.

• Stayed: May 2014
13  Thank raisonator
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great hotel with amazing staff, huge choice of food and fantastic amenities and good entertainment.

Hotel rooms spotlessly clean. They are basic but for the time you spend in your room who cares !

Pool area and facilities were excellent with private path to beach - a lovely ten minute walk.

Great choice of food available - hot dishes, salads, fruit, deserts, vegetables - always something for everyone and snacks available pretty all day long and well into the night.

The animation team work long hard days and should be applauded for there hard work.

The major plus for me was the bar staff and I deeply regret not getting to know their names as I would like to say a huge thank you to them all and particular the barman who makes the most amazing 'special' sangria !

Hotel is only 5 minutes walk from village center which has bars, restaurants and shops. Really handy for local bus services to get you around the Island.

We were 5 ladies who stayed to celebrate a 40th birthday and whilst this hotel was mainly for families and older couples we felt truly welcomed.

I would certainly stay there again :)

Room Tip: Ask for a pool / sea view if you can get one
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank Vicki T
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went to the hotel at the beginning of May just as the hotel opened and even though it was the start of the season we were not disappointed. My friend and I have already been once before but as we knew what to expect we wanted to go again! From start to finish the holiday was amazing the hotel staff were nice and friendly and 3 of the animation team went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect holiday, Alaina, Pepi and Nacho made sure that we always had a smile on our faces. The food was great, pools were awesome, activities fun and all round it was a fab houliday already looking at going with even more friends next year!!

Room Tip: If you can get a pool view room amazing view in the mornings!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HSM Canarios Park
HSM Canarios Park
#9 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas All Inclusi...
#2 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Inturotel Esmeralda Park
Inturotel Esmeralda Park
#8 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!