“Girly week ”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Falkland, United Kingdom
“Girly week ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I start was a bit worried after reading some reviews but when I got to the hotel I was surprised at how clean and organised it was ..was greeted not to badly some of the staff are brilliant some could do with cracking a smile, room was a studio 2 single beds only fault was no air con but with the patio door and roof fan on at night it was fine and only one light worked ..No telly in room either but hey u don't go on holiday to sit and watch telly ... Food was plentiful but much and such the same different meat at nights the
Kitchen staff work very hard and got rather annoyed at peoples
Moaning and
Mess making just no
Need these people work hard enough with out having to clean peoples mess ...and the snack bars the same
Stuff every day ... Pool area is
Lovely but u really do need
To be up early for a sun bed I went down at 8.10 and struggles to get 2 and found out people were going down at 6am to get them ... Bar staff and glass
Collectors are also fab... Entertainment wast the best but was ok ...All in all was a good holiday of u don't have kids and want to chill with no noise then wouldn't reccomend but I'd deffo go back looking to book with ma kids for next year for 10 nights :-)

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Kirsten M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We went here for my hen weekend and club Romani made us all feel very special,Fab hotel with the best staff. Close to town with bars and restaurants. The only thing that let's this hotel down is the transfer time, recommend getting a direct taxi if you can.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Becky B
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean and tidy, food was nice and quite close to the town if you wanted to go out. Staff very friendly and helpful, Marieanne is very helpful, a pleasant stay and would definately go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Sharon W
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I went here with my best friend for a few days . The hotel was clean and tidy pool was lovely and there was lots for the kids in the evening like bouncy castles little quads and the ball the can get in on the water of pool . The staff were very friendly my only down side was the food . We had paid all inclusive but ended up eating out for all of our meals . We are not fussy people and love food of all types however the standard here was very poor and the selection uninspiring. how ever like most other Spanish resorts it was very cheap to eat out .
Callas de Majorca is a very quiet resort with a couple of lively bars we went for rest and relaxation which it was perfect for , we only stayed for four nights if it had been any longer we would have ventured out to the next town Manacour as we had been told it was a little more lively. The beech was perfect I have to say one of the prettiest cleanest beeches I have been on . The water was crystal clear and we spent most of our time here it is truly beautiful but small so was over crowded . On the downside we had our clothes and shoes stolen one day and also spoke to another lady whose shoes had also been stolen so probably best not to take valuables or much cash to the beech . We took it in turns with other people to watch each others possessions whilst swimming. It is a real shame that a select few have to ruin the tranquillity of such a beautiful place. We informed beech workers of what had happened so hopefully this problem will be solved now authorities are aware. This should not put you off though this place is quaint and beautiful a perfect get away to relax . I would defiantly go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tasha F
Reading
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Myself, husband, sister, brother in law and children stayed here in July. This was the resort my parents brought us to as children.

Still as excellent as ever. Facilities for the children are perfect.

A special thank you to Marieanne for her professional and personable service with our booking and stay. She is a great representative of the resort and key contact. She went out of her way to assist us when one of our children fell very ill, doctor on-site within minutes thanks to her. Thank you Marieanne.

We will be returning with more of our family in 2015 for another great holiday at Cala Romani.

Annalee

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank AnnaleeH1981
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 25 July 2014

So having read a lot of reviews on this hotel before going I was a tiny bit concerned having previously done Thomsons style 4 star all inclusive holidays and thinking that maybe the slight downgrade would not make it as enjoyable. How WRONG can I be, in the words of my 6 year old 'Mam this is the best hotel and holiday ever' - who am I to argue with a child:-)

So here is my 100% honest review of the HOTEL (not the transfer or the flights but of the HOTEL and staff)

Reception / Check in - arrived and it hit me immediately how clean the hotel was, check in was quick and easy and we were allocated a room pool facing, floor 1 room 141A.

Room - room was great for what we wanted, a decent size bathroom, large wardrobe, 2 single beds, a great size balcony and again spotless clean. Yes there is no air con but we knew this when we booked so you can't mark a hotel down for that. Ceiling fan worked great for us and on an evening slept with it on and the patio door open and slept brilliantly. Beds were comfortable.

Pool - defo the selling point of the hotel are the 3 pools, manned by lifeguards and not too deep so you feel your kids are safe. My 6 year old spent hours in the pools, all the kids have loads of fun with balls and water guns. Lilos aren't allowed in but that is for the safety of your children, so remember that if you feel its a downside. Getting loungers height of summer will mean going down and reserving your beds but that is the same anywhere. There is a blow up slide which is 5euro for a day pass but it seemed to generally close around 4pmish.

Food - Divine, I laugh when people are calling the food rubbish and saying there is nothing to eat, really?? I can only assuming these are people who haven't developed taste buds. Yes the choice is very different at times to what 'Brits' expect but you are not just catering for British (which I prefer) Things like Veal, rabbit (which my boy loved), along with the likes of chilli con carne. generally a fish choice, a meat choice, a meal choice (like lasagne, chilli etc) 2 types of potato (1 being chips) and a veg choice, masses of salad and meats/cheese, plus pizza choice and 2 types of pasta.. all the normal breads and then standard deserts (cakes, yogurt etc)
My favourite was the breakfast OMG it is to die for. I LOVE frankfurters so I was happy, 1 think once a week they do an 'English' breakfast with English sausage and hash browns etc but when you here people complaining its not that every day then go to England for your holidays, you are in Spain. I recommend lunch in the pizza restaurant as the 2 x pasta choices there are as good we you would get in any Italians in England. All in all for 3 star the food does itself justice so thank you to the chefs.

Kids stuff - My boy never went into the actual kids club so can't comment BUT he did play the kids games/sports they do at 10.30am and 3.30pm every day and the lady who runs it is amazing with them, she works so hard and the kids all seem to have banter but respect towards her. (can't remember her name, sort bobbed dark hair) There are 2 tennis courts and a footy pitch which always has kids having a kick about.
On an evening they have a bouncy castle / slide and kiddie go carts which are chargable.

Over 16s stuff - they have loads of sports and things running through the day along with the daily pool volley ball which always draws a crowd and gets everyone involved.

Drinks - all inclusive drinks were great, Cava was on which suited me. San Miguel is the beer, then the normal red and white wine and spirits. They have 4 slush machines for the kids (vodka slush was another good drink) and they have all the normal soft drinks as well as coffee machines and milk available all day. A hint is take a water bottle as the water is from a machine not bottled so its good to have one to fill up.

Entertainment - kids disco starts at 8.30pm and my boy loved it. Older entertainment starts at 10pm - only watched it a couple of times (see Tina Turner if she is on - fabulous) Generally we were sat outside in a group chatting versus watching the show.

Staff - all the staff are brilliant, helpful and will do anything for you. Marieanne especially, went out of her way to ensure all the guests were at ease, had no issues and were enjoying themselves. She took time to speak to people and generally made you feel if you had a problem you just had to speak to her and it would be sorted asap.

Overall - for the price I paid I can not express how much value for money this place is. I have totally fallen in love with it and have already booked for next year. I can not see how it doesn't tick all the boxes, I know people have different levels of expectations but remember what you paid for it and base the review on that.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms seemed to be the best option when talking to guests.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
27 Thank misscalder
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel's only fault is that it doesnt have air-con - just ceilings fans which made it a bit too hot to sleep but otherwise all was perfect. The food is great compared to some other all incluisve hols I have had - bar staff at the pool bar fabulous and friendly - pool beautiful and clean

Room Tip: Ask for a pool outlook and if possible an apartment room so you get a fridge
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Blau Punta Reina Resort
Blau Punta Reina Resort
#6 of 11 in Porto Cristo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,660 reviews

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!