“Don't go there”
Review of Club Cala Romani

Club Cala Romani
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Every night a bin men outside your room very noisy and buses and car driving pass and food very bad and entertainment very bad all night for the small kids not for the adults and swimming people to small for everybody

Room Tip: Try to get a room around the pool
1  Thank theo b
Write a ReviewReviews (3,258)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We paid extra for our shuttle (speedy shuttle) was a small mini bus took an hour each way. I heard stories of 3.5 hours on coach. Pay the extra people ! Stop moaning. We were put at the back of the complex with a view of the car park :( but we are 5 and this is where the large apartments are but you are literally 2 mins walk from the pool, we have stayed in some complexes where you are 10 mins from anything. We didn't mind as it was quieter here and shaded in the afternoon/evening. Yes there is NO AIR CON its bloody hot ! the ceiling fans are a waste of time. they just keep you awake so we turned ours off. However I knew this before I went so suck it up. Next time I will Hire a fan LOL.

Food, actually we stayed for 11 nights and I had something different nearly every night. There are salads, fish, chicken, pork, beef, pasta, chips, prawns the list goes on, I couldn't fault it, the stuffed peppers were to die for. We all eat something three times a day, Its 3 star food, mass produced all at the same time, what do some people expect, when you go to a restaurant they cook your food to order and you pay for that, all I can say is It was all edible.

The town is 5 mins walk and there are loads of shops and bars and restaurants. Small fun fair. Kids loved it. Beach 10 mins walk no toilets ! So we only visited. You can only guess where people are going to the toilet...

Tony behind the bar, in fact all the bar staff and entertainment staff work really hard all day and night ! I don't know when they rest they were always there!!. All the staff were friendly we never had any problems got served with great portion vodkas etc beer ok cant moan kids helped themselves to soft drinks that is ! and ice cream.
POOL. Excellent. At first we were disappointed that the lilos could not be used only in the small pool but after several days I think it is a good idea it would be dangerous to allow so many in ! Its cold in the morning but a welcome in the afternoon, just jump in ! There were always sunbeds available but to pick your spot you need to be there at 7.30 ish.
MOANS: The public toilets were terrible as the day went on but that's the guests fault ! They really need to increase the cleaning in the public areas. The toilet also in our apartment also smelt I don't think they used much bleach or there was a problem generally with back draft smells. We had to shut the door when not in use.
Entertainment.... one word .... dire... BUNN leisure have better and they are an independent ! The team obviously work really hard but its very basic and mimed ! Not good don't go here for night entertainment.
Listen I've stayed in 3 to 5 star hotels and this one does really well, My family had a great time and all the families we saw and met did to. The pool is excellent and the weather was fab. Not sure what you would do if it rained :(
We are looking to go back next year so wasn't that bad for the price we paid for 5 people all inclusive. Have fun and don't worry.

6  Thank Brooksy971
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks all inclusive stay here.was very dubious after reading all the negative comments BUT i needn't have worried!!we are a family of 5,childrens ages 4 6 & 12.we had a great week here.yes the rooms are basic,but clean.food is average but when you think of the amount of holiday makers they have to cater for I think they do a great job!!hotel itself is lovely,swimming pools are fantastic.staff do a great job of clearing up after people who can't be bothered to clean up after themselves.
would I go again....yes but I would advise organising your own transport as coach jorney is very long.
my only grievance is the no air conditioning in the rooms but I knew about that before I booked.
cala romani is what you make it...we loved it. :-)
beach is beautiful to.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Gemma W
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Returning again everything was as good if not better. Food, staff, pool hotel all superb. 5 minute walk to a great beach or a fun filled little town. Heard some people moan that drinks are served in plastic half pint glass - Really is that so bad and if that is the worst thing then it can't be too bad can it. No hesitation in returning yet again or in recommending to others be it families or couples.

5  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We have just spent 10 nights at Cala Romani in Mallorca. The hotel is in a touristy resort so it has all the usual shops, pubs, bars varying entertainment etc nearby. The area is pretty, and there are two nearby beaches, I preferred the smaller of the two but they were both nice. The water is crystal clear and is beautiful to swim in.

The hotel itself is pretty basic. The rooms are basic but are kept clean with regular change of towels and bedding, beds are comfortable. We had a room at the front facing the road, there was some noise from coaches but not an excessive amount plus the rooms were a bit cooler than the ones facing the pool. The ceiling fan was ok but made a clicking noise which was like Chinese torture until your brain chose to ignore it. I hired a fan so that I could blow dry my hair without ending up in a pool of sweat. The pool area was really nice, the tourists were a variation of English, Spanish, French , German and Dutch and all seemed pretty nice.

Evening entertainment I have no idea, it was in a room that looked like a dungeon and appeared to be for kids. It may have improved later but I had no intentions of sitting in a dungeon.

Drinks are strictly 2 per person which created long queues for no apparent reason as people were trying to fulfill the drinks requirements of their party. Soft drinks are on a help yourself basis. Slush machines were also help yourself but had out of order notices on them more often than not. Bars stopped serving at 12 o'clock but they actually turn off the lights and tell you to go at 12.30 which was very strange.

Now on to the food- the only way to describe it is Gastronomic Suicide, the most revolting food I have experienced in an all inclusive. Two people in our party were ill with the food so we chose to eat out instead. What started off as a cheap holiday ended up not so cheap given the fact that we thought it necessary to eat out.

We went on a couple of trips the Island tour being particularly lovely.

Overall the holiday was good , nice place, great company and great weather if they could sort out the food it would be great

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank icebluestarlight
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I am writing this whilst here at Cala Romani. The rooms are adequate but do the job. They are very hot but to be expected with the temperature well in the 30's. Could really benefit from air-con. The cleaners do a good job every day and provide fresh towels etc. The second day we noticed that they'd just folded up the dirty towels so yesterday we put the dirty towels in the bath and they left clean ones. We have a fridge in our apartment which is great for bottles of water etc. We are in the Tomir block at the back which is not too noisy so far! The food is not great. As others have written, you wouldn't go hungry but it's not very good. We have eaten out two nights now just to have a decent meal. Dalfils restaurant/pizzeria is about 5 mins walk away and the food is lovely along with the service. We will no doubt eat there again before we leave.
The pool is huge. Can be abit cold in the morning but soon warms up and is a welcome break from the heat. Our kids love it!
Drinks are not bad. The spirits and mixers are nice with crushed ice, however the cocktails can sometimes be very watered down. And the bar staff can be really quite rude sometimes.
The beach is a 10 min walk away and is absolutely beautiful. The water is crystal clear and they have peddlo's with slides on that you can take out. They also do boat trips to Porto Cristo and Sa Coma if you fancy it.

Would we return? No, probably not. We would probably visit the area again as it's a quiet resort and not too commercial but we wouldn't stay here. The Hotel America looks a better option with sea-views and a good atmosphere in the day.

Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Cheapskate75
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly after nearly a 4 hour coach transfer from the air port in a coach with no English speaking person on board and no water available the first impression of the Club Calla Romani was not good.
The hotel looked like it hadn't been updated since the 1970s, the reception was hot due to no air conditioning so by the time we checked in I looked like I had be swimming in my shirt!!
Then the room, as we opened the door the heat hit us. No air con!!! Yes we should of made sure when we booked but I've never been abroad and a hotel not have it. So I spent 5 nights sleeping on the balcony, girl friend not happy!!
The plus side is the pool is good and you can always get a sun bed and the food is ok but lacking in variety but that is it.
Callas de Mallorca resort is beautiful with a nice town with great bars, restaurants and clubs with a amazing beach.
Unless you can go 7 nights with out sleeping outside in a balcony stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Alex S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calas de Majorca
Hotel JS Es Corso
Hotel JS Es Corso
#4 of 7 in Portocolom
Ona Cala Pi Club Aparthotel
Sol Mirador de Calas by Melia - All Inclusive
Sol Mirador de Calas by Melia - ...
#2 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
#7 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel
Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel
#3 of 13 in Calas de Majorca

Been to Club Cala Romani? Share your experiences!