As a family of four (two adults, one 16yr old and one 12yr old) we stayed at the clubhotel Riu Tropicana mid August 2012 for a week.
Having read reviews, the brochure and web site of the hotel I knew that it was on a hill and very spread out. I cannot understand anyone on here who is surprised at any of these facts as it couldn't be made any plainer - they have only themselves to blame as they obviously booked it with their eyes closed. as I have a dodgy knee before we went I contacted First Choice and also the hotel directly to request two rooms close together and within reasonably walking distance from the facilities. I received a very polite reply from the hotel saying they would try but could not promise. Upon arrival I was delighted to have been allocated two rooms with adjoining doors and within a five minute walk of the facilities - it could not have been better.
The site is huge but there is a minibus that goes around the site from 8am until approx midnight picking people up and dropping them off. This is free and everyone can get around easily from what I could see.
Good points, food is good and plentiful, the rooms are very clean and cleaned every day. The whole site appears to be very well maintained (almost too well...they never stop cutting grass, painting etc) the pool is probably the cleanest I have ever seen on holiday. The staff are exceptionally polite, keen and speak a multitude of languages (as there were French, Germans, Dutch, Italians and English here) The beach is close by and also clean but is a little small.
Not too great points - the rooms are fairly basic with no aircon and (if you like TV on holiday) the TV has only news channels in English. If you speak German or French you have a better choice. The lack of aircon is a big issue as the large fan in the ceiling is dreadfully noisy and everyone turns them off and so there is no respite from the heat. There are also no drink-making facilities or fridge either, which I missed.
You have to remember this is only a three star hotel and so you cannot complain that you don't get five-star facilities - if you want/need five-star then pay for it but don't go cheaper and complain later like some people on here seem to.
Overall I loved it here and would pay more to stay here if the rooms were updated.
The people, staff, cleanliness and food were all first-rate and I would recommend it. But do check the brochure/websites first and don't complain about the obvious later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** is a cosy family resort in Calas de Mallorca, perfect for travellers with kids or couples. It is an ideal choice for a holiday in contact with nature. The resort gives direct access to Cala Domingos, a lovely golden-sand beach where you can lie in the sand and swim in crystal-clear water. Located in a quiet setting where pine, olive and palm trees create a purely Mediterranean environment, the Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** offers comfortable accommodation in bungalows with terrace and double rooms offering a wide variety of services, supplemented with world-class public areas that feature a gaming room, children's entertainment and evening shows, tennis courts and other sports facilities, outdoor pool with sunbathing area and children's playground, all-inclusive packages, and dining options including a buffet restaurant, a large seaside snack bar, a poolside bar and a lounge bar in the night show and entertainment area. Have a nice stay in Majorca, surrounded by all kinds of amenities and services. The Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** is a resort for couples and families in search of a relaxing setting in Calas de Mallorca. Book your holiday now at the best online price guaranteed, at the Tropicana Mallorca Club Hotel *** official website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Tropicana Hotel
- Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca Majorca/Calas De Majorca