“Italiani non benvenuti”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Calas de Majorca
Rome, Italy
“Italiani non benvenuti”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Arrived at 8 am after a no sleeping night without care we accept the suggested room in a separate part of the hotel. That room was hot, dirty. without balcony and the bathroom was not working. We asked to change room and the Front Office Manager said that they could done the day after. On Monday morning the Manager suggest to change to another hotel nearby giving general direction, we did not find the other hotel and we decided to wait wednesday to have a room the seeside view and balcony. On Wednesday the Manager had no rooms available for us and suggest as to go to another city to the Inviaggi Club so we can stay better we other italian people (the guests of the hotel was mainly French). My husband refuse beacause we don't want to move and we had the transfer reserved for the departure day. We was very upset of manager behaviour that take care only of French people.
Good the common area and swimming pool area, great the bar and restaurant staff.
Bad food and very bad cleaning (there was black long air for a week nearby my bed and I'm blonde). Sheets and towels were changed only 1 time in a week...and there was not fridge in room and italian channels on tv.
Don't go to this hotel if it possible.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aquiladura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This hotel looked good on arrival but was a big disappointment. The hotel is totally geared to French and eastern European guests. No signs in English. The room we stayed in was not in the main hotel block. We were shown to what looked like a toilet block! The room reeked of smoke, had broken windows that did not lock, no air conditioning and a ceiling fan that sparked when you turned the dial and was useless anyway. The all inclusive food was poor quality nothing was labelled so you had no idea what anything was. The cutlery, glass ware and crockery were not cleaned properly. You had to fight to get want you wanted as the other guests all pushed in. Some even got there desserts before anything else so they got the best choice. The entertainment was all in french so you had to go out in the evening. If it hadn't been for a lovel pub called central bar, run by the lovely Jesus we would have been very bored. All in all a very very disappointing holiday!

2 Thank Newlyweds19062010
Reviewed 24 September 2011

When I read these reviews I was really dreading going to this hotel as I thought I bet the good ones are from typical Brits, I was mistaken it was such a lovely hotel. When we got there we was shown to lunch and checked in easily. The pool was clean and safe with lovely White sun loungers and for €10 you could get a special bed. There was wifi in the hotel and the food was good. The only downside is that the room doesn't have air con but apart from that I have no faults with the hotel. The staff are so friendly, especially the hotel director he is amazing with the holiday makers he always went out of his way to ask how you were etc. Whilst we were over there it was my aunts hen party but we didn't so the typical going out partying we just had a day around the pool and the staff delivered us champagne on ice and brought my aunt some lovely hand picked flowers it was so thoughtful. Such a lovely holiday one I'll always remember so please don't read the bad reviews it is a lovely hotel!

5 Thank Maryann113444
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Me and my boyfriend went there on 6th to 11th September, and I have no complaints what so ever, apart from no air cons but it wasn’t that hot at night for fan not to do its job. We have been put to annex at the back but we were glad as we was away from shouting Poles. The room was very basic however very clean which what matters the most. We did not go abroad to sit in a hotel room, our room was for showering and sleeping only. Beds were very basic and noisy therefore we just put mattresses on floor and slept there, as mattresses were super comfortable and probably brand new the sleep was great. BTW the view out of room was great. Right the food,, I don’t understand why people complain there were always plenty of choice and lots of fruits and deserts, wines , soft drinks and juices available at all times. And the bit about queuing... what do you expect when there is soo many people??? Staff was friendly and polite, we didn’t have any complaints so we didn’t speak to them much. The hotel is in lovely location beautiful view. Just a tip make sure to go on foot by beach when you there will be like two stands with some advisors make sure to buy the ticket from first one as a boat ride to Porto Cristo and a return ticket with ticket to Dragons Cavern only cost us 30Euros each!! We don’t go back to places we have been as we want to see more of world not just one place therefore I won’t say we coming back however if you have never been to Majorca and you are not moaning about every little thing than definitely go there as it is price worthy.

Room Tip: Do request a room straight away with a sea view, if you want quiet room request it in annex, however...
2 Thank Evelina1991
Edinburgh
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I have travelled abroad countless times and never had to write a bad review. However after a recent trip to this hotel i felt i had to share my experience with others. After a 3 and a half hour transfer from the airport we arrived at this hotel which looked nice and the receptionist was pleasant. We were told that the hotel was full so we had a "special room" which was very quiet. We were dierected out of the hotel and into an outbuilding. The room we had been given had no balcony, one window with bars on it, mould growing on curtains, plaster hanging from the walls and ceiling, mismatched dirty and dusty laminate flooring, dirty shower with black fungus and a shower fitting that didn't fit so the shower had to be held. I have never been so disappointed. When we raised our disappointment with staff they were unhelpful and obstructive. The hotel was full so we were not able to be moved rooms.

We were unable to open window as stray cats kept coming into room. The food was average and sometimes unedible. Breakfast was lovely, but lunch and dinner not great. So called crepes served but my partner waited in a queue for over 30 mins to get one but gave up.

Pool area is lovely with a fantastic swimming pool, no shortage of sun loungers. It's a shame the rest of the hotel was so awful. The receptionist was in the room next door to us so i suspect we were in staff quarters/overflow rooms which were terrible. For a three star hotel i would expect basic but clean, unfortunately this hotel couldn't even offer cleanliness. Lots of the guests were complaining as well but the staff were not interested. We contacted our travel agent and were refunded and moved hotel!

4 Thank ClareBEdinburgh
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We've just returned from a week long break at Palia Maria Eugenia and felt a review was in order...! When we had first booked I made the mistake of reading all the reviews from my fellow Brits abroad only to find myself dreading what we would find.... And that was a good value, well earned relaxing break in the sun for me, hubby and our three year old twins.

As mentioned in a couple of these reviews, we were at first given a room in the annex. We weren't totally impressed as showering a three year old is no mean feat and that's what on offer... A very basic dated room with a small bathroom incl shower and no balcony. Now, where in other reviews people "refused" and "argued", my hubby and I merely went to reception and asked politely if anything else was available. The answer was not immediately but mid week. Two days later there's a note under our door asking us to go to reception re our room change. We were told it was going ahead and by day three we were on the sixth floor overlooking the pool! Can't say fairer then that...

The dining room was never an issue. You're greeted by staff who guide you to a free table and then you help yourself. I didnt experience any pushing etc, but I went at it with a European attitude! Queuing is a very British custom. When in Rome and all that. Food wise, there was plenty of variety and plenty on offer. The quality was good and at the end of each day non of us went to bed hungry.

We were all inclusive and the range of drinks, snacks and ice cream was more then adequate. We wanted for nowt!

The pool was fantastic and hosed down twice a day by the hard working ground staff. Only issue was the idle people who couldn't be bothered getting off their loungers to put their empties in the bin.... Mostly Brits I hasten to add :-(

It is true that this hotel is geared mainly towards our European neighbours, but we had no problems with any of the entertainment and the animation staff work tirelessly to ensure all have the opportunity to participate in the activities. All staff are multilingual, helpful and courteous...

Overall, I'd say if you want a holiday full of Brits, British food, British entertainment and culture then go to Blackpool... Otherwise, I'm sure you'll find this hotel more then adequate!

6 Thank Rhodesys
Burnley
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Hotel staff brill. food good, Clean rooms, Beach about 1/4 mile walk. The two big problems are NO AIRCON and you might end up in an annex located round the back of the hotel. Overall I would go back but would have to have air con in room.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for rooms with views when booking.
2 Thank JEFFERSBurnley
Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca
Club Hotel Tropicana Mallorca
#4 of 13 in Calas de Majorca
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,138 reviews

Been to Palia Maria Eugenia Hotel? Share your experiences!