“Wonderful time had by all, worth the cost”
Review of Marineland Majorca

and up
Skip the Line: Mallorca Marineland Tour
Ranked #11 of 76 things to do in Calvia
More attraction details
Owner description: Marine zoo with dolphin and sea lion shows, parrots, children's park and beach.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wonderful time had by all, worth the cost”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We visited marine land this June, as a treat for our children age 4,6 and 7. They loved every minute. We arrived at 11am with the plan to miss the morning rush, we went straight in, no que. We did have to pay three euro for car parking but didn't mind that. We used a voucher that was off a sweet packet I bought from a shop on the island. There's vouchers in leaflets too, so look out for these. I noticed people said it wasn't worth the money but I would argue that it was worth every penny. Where else can you see dolphins close up, in Europe, there's only a few places in the world. My husband has seen shows in Florida and he thought this equal to them. We saw a show at 11:30 then stayed all day to do the other things on site. parrot show and the splash pool were great too (take swim wear so you can enjoy this). There is also a private beach. There are a few places to eat on site but they are expensive so be prepared for that, they don't like you taking food in so that's a bit of a down side. We stayed until 5pm and watched the second dolphin show which was slightly different and it was good to see it again. If you can afford it and have young children, make sure you go.

1 Thank Anna_1042208

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Portishead, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 324 helpful votes
“A fantastic and entertaining day out”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Well worth a visit, very entertaining, the Dolphin show is actually quite moving. All animals appear well loved and in great health, the staff are accommodating and friendly, the food is very good and the whole place is well run, clean and I loved every minute, the entrance price is worth every penny. We will be back in July when I will swim with the Dolphins, I can't wait.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Smilingalways
Cranfield, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good couple of hours, not a full day trip!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived about 30 minutes before Sea Lion and Dolphin's show, both were really good and the kids loved it. Rest of park, average, few aquariums and enclosures, but not enough for a full day. Glad we went, but wouldn't rush back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sarah P
Minehead, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lovely day out..”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We visited on Tuesday, we had a great day. We got a free bus from Palmanova which runs daily Mon-Fri. I would say it was worth a visit especially if you have never seen a dolphin or sea lion show before. The photos are a little extra but a one off experience, the dolphin ones were 20 euros and we paid 12 euros for a sea lion photo with both boys. There are a limited amount of animals there but still worth a look. The aviaries are fab with parrots and birds flying about. Make sure you take swimwear for little ones as there is a lovely splash water area for them to play in with slides etc. Can't comment on food/drink as we took a picnic with us. Would visit again, maybe a little expensive for a small park but still worth a look.

Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent for Kids, not so great for adults”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited Marineland with my partner in May 2014. We made this one of our main excursions to look forwards to and visited towards the end of our holiday. There is a free bus service put on locally to and from Marineland which was useful. The one we got on was virtually empty and we arrived in time for a quick look around before the shows started.
The sealion and dolphin show was very good. I have seen sealion and dolphin shows in other countries and this was on a par with them. There is opportunity to have a photograph with dolphins after the show, of course at a cost.
My problem with Marineland is that it is far too small. There is not very much else to see other than the shows. You can go around the whole park in half an hour easily and you may find yourself a little bored waiting for the return bus to your resort.
The food was very expensive. I think it cost 2,50 euros for a small tub of pringles which we counted had 20 crisps. The best meal to eat here looked like the pizza. It was a nice pizza and was better value for money than anything else on offer. I would recommend taking your own food in, we expected to have our bags checked and food removed as they do elsewhere but this didnt happen. I wish now we had taken our own food and drinks.

Overall this place would be great for kids, there was loads of children there when we attended and its a great chance for them to get up close to some amazing animals. Unfortunately, we attended as a young couple with no children and felt a little bit like we had gone to the wrong place.

Visited May 2014