You can measure your improving girth by your ability to fit into the shower: those with a big frame may have to stay unwashed, whilst the fitness freaks will enjoy the conceit of being able to close the door. Other than the bathrooms, this was a great stay in a fantastic hotel in a lovely setting right by the sea. Plenty of space in the grounds meant there was privacy despite the hotel being full. Best breakfast ever, and brilliant staff. Not cheap, but transparent pricing gives you the choice of paying for quality or going over the road to the Adam and Eve snack bar for cheap beer and sangria. Highly recommended for those who can fit in the shower and want four days of luxury, and sun, sand and sweat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Melia de Mar, a contemporary beachfront hotel Enjoying a tranquil setting in the residential area of Illetas, yet only ten minutes from Palma’s city centre, the newly-refurbished, adults-only Gran Melia de Mar, exclusive member of Leading Hotels International, has a privileged location directly facing the sea and offering a small, sandy beach. The hotel has been architecturally designed to make the most of the spectacular views Built / renovated date: 1964 / winter 2015/2016 – Rooms number: 142 – from airport Son Sant Joan - hotel: 17 km with 142 Rooms including Suites. All with Terrace with spectacular front sea view, Bathroom with hair-dryer, magnifying mirror, bathtub and shower stall, Air-conditioning. Heating. Satellite TV. Direct dial telephone. Mini-bar, Nespresso, and Safe. Room Service. 6 Meeting rooms. WIFI free of charge. The spacious ‘RedLevel Experience’ rooms and suites offer special VIP amenities. 2 outdoor pools with a delightful pool surrounded by Balinese beds with concierge service. Magnificent breakfast buffet served in the “PERSEO” restaurant and terrace overlooking the sea , the new ARRELS by Marga Coll – fine dining restaurant with a terrace providing an extraordinary range of modern Mallorcan cuisine. Big variety of F&B offers, service in outdoor spaces or indoors. In summer months enjoy the BARDOT Pool Bar & Restaurant. AMARO Lobby Bar & Lounge. Spa by CLARINS. Valet Parking. The hotel opens from April to October and is strictly adults only. Minimum age 15 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Melia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Melia de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia De Mar Hotel Calvia
- Melia Hotel De Mar
- Sol Melia Calvia
- Gran Melia De Mar Majorca/Calvia