We have just spent the last 10 days of October at the Riu Palace Bonanza Playa and enjoyed everything about it.The Hotel may be situated in a quiet location but is ideal for a relaxing holiday.
Immediately on arrival we were treated with a welcome drink and booked in quite quickly,and the staff on reception make you feel at home straight away,at least that was our experience.
The rooms are modern with a quirky set up.You enter the room via the wash/shower and wardrobe arrangement then on into the bed and lounge space. Unusual, but if some people worry about a little privacy when having a shower well it's fine because there is a huge screen door to partition off the shower room.
All the rooms are sea view ,some with a view over the bay some with a view over the pool. There are 9 floors to the hotel and the hotel is entered straight into Reception which is on the 8th floor with the restaurant on the 7th floor and the floors continue down to the garden and pool area.In other words it's like an upside down hotel,That expression 'Quirky' comes to mind again.
There is no beach attached to the hotel but the sunbed area is good and there are facilities for ease of access to swimming in the sea and with diving and snorkelling for enthusiasts.If it's a beach you want then turn left out of the hotel and a few minutes walk will take you to some wonderful little coves etc. Directly at the front of the hotel is a bus stop for buses into Palma.They run quite frequently and the journey takes anything from 20/30 mins depending on the time of day and of course traffic. Cost is only 1.50 Euroes each way.
Turn right out of the hotel and a few minutes walk will bring you to a few shops ,retaurants, supemarkets a chemist and even a jewellery shop.All that's required for emergency needs.
The Restaurant which is situated on the 7th floor is superb with wonderful Panoramic views over the bay and you can watch the ferries and Cruise ships coming and going into and out of Palma. Food in the restaurant is excellent with plenty of choice to suit everyone,no complaints there.
Finally I would like to say that the staff are great. I don't want to name any particular staff member because all of them warrant the same amount of praise. If anyone has a gripe about this hotel and it's staff all I can say to them is get a life.
I would certainly return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished Majorca beach hotel with direct access to the sea and relaxing views over the bay of Palma. Located in Illetas very close to Palma, this is the perfect hotel for your holidays. It offers full range of leisure options with good standards of comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Hotel
- Hotel Riu Palace Bonanza Playa Majorca/Calvia