we booked our holiday online though the official thomson website and we were so disappointed with this so called thomson gold hotel.
the thomson transfer mini buses to hotel were very quick and we didnt have to wait for the bus to fill up, they took straight away to our hotel which was pretty impressive.
but not until we got to the hotel that we realized that we were stuck in a holiday geared for the mature adults , over 60's to be precise. i being 27, and my husband being 35 , were quite appalled to find ourselves in a resort where are the entertainment , food, atmosphere were all exclusively geared for over 60's, unlike what the description of the hotel said : "catering individual need" and "live music to dance bands, they certainly know how to put on a show here" maybe the fastest song they played was the BJ's .
food was good but there was not much variety in the food. only once i had chicken curry ( that has become british food anyway ) and paela.
i cant stress enough to mention that the entertainment was so boring , included stuff like skittles, quizes (designed for older ppl) throw the bean bag, aqua aerobics was fun though (that was pretty entertaining to watch) .
the biggest problem with the entertainment was that the thomson team got it all wrong , the games were designed in 2 teams the vistors( the brits ) againsr the thomson team, and ofcourse thomson always won, so there's no real competition . they won every single game. it was like we wasted our time watching them play . they dont get the idea that it is our holiday not theirs.
the evening entertainment was full 100% of oldies , goldies song etc. the resident duo "reaction " was booooring. oldies songs again.
we didnt expect this from a thomson gold hotel. we felt left out and out of tune with the whole holiday resort.
if the description of this hotel was more transparent we wouldn't have booked this hotel in the first place . we feel like we have been miss sold this expensive package when it catered a different and an much older generation . it is not fair at all. we wanted a reasonably calm place in spain as we are not party freaks which was the reason why we booked in the first place but we found ourselves in a care home for brits in spain . not shuffed at all!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca