Stayed for 11 nights early July. Hotel was very clean and all the staff seemed happy to help and very cheerful. Rooms and towels were cleaned daily. Food was of a very good standard and varied choice although a bit repetitive during the second week.
During the first few days there was a very much older cliental there but from the 8th July a much wider range from 20 somethings to 80 somethings!!
The hotel is in a superb location and although it was very hot during our stay, there is a lovely breeze from the sea making the days and in particular the evenings very much more bearable. Only a very small resort with 3 hotels several villas and apartments and only a handful of bars outside of the hotels a small supermarket a bank and 3 or 4 boutiques. Ideal for us as we prefer to be outside larger resorts.
A visit into Port Andratx or Peguera is only €5- €6 both busier with Port Andratx being a little more upmarket. You can also get from outside the hotel.
Also a visit onto the Island Beach Bar is a must.
Thomson Team, Deano and Lottie were very hard working and good fun. The evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss, some good and some bad. We have stayed in Gold hotels before with much better professional shows. The best two for us was Fogwell Flax and Una Acora. The shows however where the Thomson Gold Team visited were not great in fact very amateurish. The resident duo did a good job and again worked hard.
The biggest disappointment of the stay was the ridiculous rush for pool sun beds. People were queuing to be let out of the hotel into the pool area when the hotel unlocked the doors at 07.00am. If you did not get out early then getting an umbrella for the hot mid day sun was impossible as the early birds also liked to take one umbrella per bed!! We ended up paying €10.5 per day for about 5 days of our stay for sun beds on the beach but at least that way you could get up at a reasonable hour have breakfast and make your way to the beach and always get a bed. Both the hotel management and Thomson recognise this is a problem and have tried several things to combat it but to no avail.
I really liked the quiet area and would go back.
Oh - and proper sausages at breakfast - Lush !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca