Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
H10 Blue Mar Boutique Hotel(Camp De Mar)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$165
Hotels.com
US$351
US$249
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Real(Camp De Mar)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$66
  • Restaurant
Cabau Bahia Camp de Mar Suites(Camp De Mar)(Great Value!)
US$148
TripAdvisor
Don Antonio(Peguera)
Priceline
2,097 results
All reviewsmanager josethomson goldthomson repssea viewevening entertainmentgold hotelsanta ponsapool areaquiet resortrelaxing holidaybeautiful baykettle and cupsyear after yearproduction teamthe hotel manageraverage ageanother wonderful holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Lovely hotel and location. Two or three shops, medical, taxis and public transport all within walking distance of the hotel. Bus service takes you to Peguera, Santa Ponsa and Palma also Port Andraxt not too expensive. Lovely public beach and bars around if you prefer to eat out. Staff in hotel very nice and entertainment serves it purpose, Rooms very clean nice bathroom and flat TV on wall with about 6 sky chanels. Walls very thin can hear the furniture being moved around and sun beds are always reserved from 6am each day although it does say not to do that. They can be reserved early morning with the owners only taking ownership late on. You can actually hear sun beds being moved around crack of dawn and with people leaving early on and rooms being cleaned at that time also it can be a bit disruptive. Also as between 11.30 and 12.00 oclock each evening chairs are being sorted by the staff after the entertainment. So five hours peaceful sleep is about all you get. Plenty food peoples plates where always full. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the food but I am not so mad on piles of food. Didn't enjoy the trip to the blanket factory thought it wasted our day expected something a bit different
spent most of the time waiting on other people joining the bus. I would recommend this hotel and resort as a lot of this is personal preference but the small things are what makes or breaks your holiday. I think I would enjoy this resort more earlier or later in the season. Weather boiling. Didn't have much contact with Thomson staff at all the only interaction we would have had would have been if we went to the presentations which I did go to one. Flight was an hour late on leaving but on time returning. A lot of the people seemed to be returning each year and mostly over 50's probably towards 60 I would say which was fine for us a few younger couples. Well run hotel.

5  Thank zac6
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We are a couple in our late 40s and we've just returned from a week's holiday at Playa Camp de Mar. This was our first Thomson Gold experience, but won't be our last. True, there were a couple of slight disappointments - our room was small and had a very limited seaview. However, we knew when we booked the holiday in June that this was what we were getting. We also found much of the entertainment to be pretty sedate, but Deano did his best without Lottie. However, the positives far outweighed the negatives:

- the food really was lovely - plenty of choice and largely good quality (we did sometimes find the fish a little over cooked)
- the bathroom was excellent with a large and powerful walk in shower, double basin etc
- the hotel was spotless
- the pool was lovely and the beach was just a few steps away
- the views around the bay were fabulous and we enjoyed sitting in the petit bar on the beach in the evenings
- the staff were friendly and very helpful and the hotel was very efficiently run
- the resort was very quiet, but this was what we were looking for and the more lively resorts were just a short bus ride away
- we didn't have a problem getting sunbeds but this was probably because we tend to go down at around 8 am and stay in the sun for a couple of hours before having breakfast and then retreating to the shade or going out and about before returning to sunbathe again later in the day when the sun was not so fierce
- the Rod Stewart tribute act (Dylan Cassidy) was excellent and there were a couple of other enjoyable acts
- we enjoyed taking part in Chris' local interest programme - the morning boat trip was particularly good.
We like to try to go to different places each year so may not return but we will always have very fond memories of our time in Camp de Mar.

Room Tip: We'd advise getting a room with a sea view
6  Thank cbhpfa
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I have recently just returned from a weeks stay at the fantastic playa camp de mar! I have now got the holiday blues as a week was not long enough!! My brother (20) and I (23) flew out to meet my parents who had gone a week before us and we were a little worried as we thought we would be the only young people there! However there was no need to worry as there were a range of different ages. As soon as we got there my mum (Denise van Outen) introduced us to all her friends she had made, Special Kay, VIviene Westwood, Andrew Llyod Webber, Jessica Rabbit amongst a few. As you could tell my brother and I were very confused. It wasn't until we joined in with the day time entertainment that we realised that Deano and Lottie (the entertainments team) gave celebrity names to everyone who joined in. What a fantastic idea, as by the end of the day we could remember who everyone was! There was lots of daytime activities throughout the day ranging from French Boules (ooo la la) to water polo, although Deano and Lottie never pressured you to take part.
The rooms were excellent and had a lovely view of the sea and pool which I would highly recommend. They had only just been refurbished and had a lovely bath room and shower. There was an english satelite TV in every room which was great as I could watch Neighbours as I was getting ready for dinner!! The food was excellent and we were looked after very well by Esther and the lovely lady chef who cooked me pancakes every morning, even without me asking her :-)
Even though the entertainment finished fairly early (11.30) it didnt cost much to get a taxi to Paguera or Magaluf where a group of us would visit some of the bars!
Overall I had a fantastic holiday and definitly wasn't ready to go! I would love to go back......next time longer than 1 week!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a Sea View
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Gemma L
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Just come back from this fantastic ,friendly hotel . The staff cannot do enough for you and it really feels like a family atmosphere as many of the guests return each year. The manager Jose is a real gent and its obvious the staff respect him. Yes, the towel/sunbed scramble as early at 7am is annoying and we refused to take part but it is funny to watch from your balcony! We still was usually able to find a bed and we tended to get out and about in the mornings and opted to sunbathe later in the day when there were more available,
The beach was crowded as its Spanish holiday season and there gets full of families but we strolled along and then had a lovely refreshing swim in the sea as its remarkably shallow .
The entertainment is varied and we enjoyed Rod Stewart Tribute act, he is really good , but the resident duo are a bit samey.
Deano , bless him , worked his socks off as Lottie had fallen down the stairs and hurt herself on our first day so he had to carry the entertainment all on his own , which he did with a cheerful smile.
We booked to see a show "Come fly with me" and it was really amazing , if you can afford the 55 euros , it is worth it.
The restaurant has a good varied choice and again the staff are friendly and helpful.
We loved our room as we had a stunning view of the beach and sea , it was clean and the bathroom was modern with beautiful powerful walk-in shower.
Camp De Mar is very quiet with not much going on around , but this suited us as we wanted a peaceful , child free zone and you can catch a taxi to nearby resorts for about 6 euros.
We consider ourselves very young 50 year olds so dont be put off with the older age group references , we did have quite a few young couples staying whilst we were there and everyone got on really well , but I would think the nightlife in Santa Ponsa would suit them better.
We all loved this hotel and would return here.

Room Tip: Request a sea view !
7  Thank graysgirl1722
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Just returned from our 4th time at this hotel, now booked the 5th trip.
Jose and his team once again provided us with a great holiday.
Excellent in all catagories, food, room and pool area cleanliness.
Plenty of sunbeds (this must be the busiest time).
Thank you Jose, see you next year.

• Stayed: August 2011