This has been our second visit to the Grupotel in Camp de Mar and our fifth visit to this area. I cannot add to the positive remarks made about this hotel and the resort in general. I would not hesitate to return. The hotel and the staff excell in everything that they provide. It is true to say that the resort is very quiet but that is what I am looking for. The local buses and taxis provide an adequate service into Port Andraxt and Peguera should you be looking for other restaurants or bars and I can recommend exploring both areas. There is also a bus service into Palma which is also worth visiting. I must be an old hand as I dont even bother with a city map but take one if you have never been before. We travelled on the Orange Blossom train from Palma to Soller and organised it ourselves, take cash as the ticket office dos'nt do plastic.
I only put this review on as I read another review complaining about noise from the entertainment. Well the 'show' stops at about 2230hrs and the resident entertainers fill in till 2300hrs when the live music stops. The entertainment staff ( Thomsons ) play some music till about 2330ish, then its all quiet.The entertainers play to the crowd that is there and it is an old crowd. (last year a comedian mentioned that it was like looking at a crowd of extras for the film 'Coocoon' and he was not far wrong. LMAO ) So if anyone complains about the noise they really should have a look at themselves and get a life. The entertainers alledge that the music has to stop as local residents complain about the noise, I seriously doubt this and I suspect that consecutive elderly residents of the hotel have moaned for so many times over so many weeks that he hotel management have opted to take the path of least resistance and have adopted the current policy. All that said the small hotel across the road ( the Real I think) has a small terrace and will stay open a lot later and the drink is much cheaper, its very friendly and I can recommend having a nightcap there.
What would I like. Well I would like the entertainment to last until midnight and even later once or twice a week, can the bar also stay open a little longer and most importantly can the lager be made a lot colder. Thanks.
Look at me ranting, I can't commend this hotel any higher or I would ,I will return even if I have to put up with some of the old residents and there cranky ways.Who knows I might turn into one of them. ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca