“Camp de mar”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Kilmarnock
“Camp de mar”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This has been our second visit to the Grupotel in Camp de Mar and our fifth visit to this area. I cannot add to the positive remarks made about this hotel and the resort in general. I would not hesitate to return. The hotel and the staff excell in everything that they provide. It is true to say that the resort is very quiet but that is what I am looking for. The local buses and taxis provide an adequate service into Port Andraxt and Peguera should you be looking for other restaurants or bars and I can recommend exploring both areas. There is also a bus service into Palma which is also worth visiting. I must be an old hand as I dont even bother with a city map but take one if you have never been before. We travelled on the Orange Blossom train from Palma to Soller and organised it ourselves, take cash as the ticket office dos'nt do plastic.
I only put this review on as I read another review complaining about noise from the entertainment. Well the 'show' stops at about 2230hrs and the resident entertainers fill in till 2300hrs when the live music stops. The entertainment staff ( Thomsons ) play some music till about 2330ish, then its all quiet.The entertainers play to the crowd that is there and it is an old crowd. (last year a comedian mentioned that it was like looking at a crowd of extras for the film 'Coocoon' and he was not far wrong. LMAO ) So if anyone complains about the noise they really should have a look at themselves and get a life. The entertainers alledge that the music has to stop as local residents complain about the noise, I seriously doubt this and I suspect that consecutive elderly residents of the hotel have moaned for so many times over so many weeks that he hotel management have opted to take the path of least resistance and have adopted the current policy. All that said the small hotel across the road ( the Real I think) has a small terrace and will stay open a lot later and the drink is much cheaper, its very friendly and I can recommend having a nightcap there.
What would I like. Well I would like the entertainment to last until midnight and even later once or twice a week, can the bar also stay open a little longer and most importantly can the lager be made a lot colder. Thanks.
Look at me ranting, I can't commend this hotel any higher or I would ,I will return even if I have to put up with some of the old residents and there cranky ways.Who knows I might turn into one of them. ?

Room Tip: High sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,035)
  • Polish first
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I returned from this wonderful hotel on the 20th July having been there with my partner as repeat guests. We stayed in room 435 which is on the 4th floor and has a wonderful view over the bay and pool area. It has a double walk in shower (no bath) and a large bedroom. Not sure if all rooms have fridges but this one did, possibly because I requested one though. The fridge was not stocked so had plenty of room to put cold drinks in.

Jason and Gemma were great as Entertainment Reps and there was always something to do. The entertainment started at 11.00 am and went through until the daily 4 pm quiz.

The evening entertainment was mostly very good and there is a 'pick of the 6' lottery type game every evening with good money to be won.

The Thomson guest relations desk is open most of the day and the reps there are very helpful.

Food is excellent and plentiful in a buffet style.

Jose the hotel Manager is excellent and can be seen regularly throughout the day and evening. His staff are very helpful and generally cannot do enough for you. He is a true gentleman.

It is true that there Camp De Mar is quiet at night - but we didn't go there for the nightlife outside the hotel - we just wanted a chilled relaxing holiday ....... with no kids as its an adult only hotel.

We hired a car from Fernando across the road - it was OK - just that ....... Be careful not to get ripped off though.

All in all an excellent holiday and will definitely go back ..... one day.

Room Tip: Any high room.
2 Thank panda6357
London, England,
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had been to the hotel three years running in 1986/87/88. So new the area very well and ofcourse the great hotel, we returned 2012 in October, as an adult only hotel, we found the room, food very very good. And hope to return in a couple of months. Buses are wonderful and cost so little.

Room Tip: We had a room on a corner over looking the other hotel, found bit noisy at night but ok.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michaelmas7344
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

if you want a really clean hotel excellent food attentive staff great views this is the place for you
no great night life or walks in the area after a meal but we liked it the manager really does care for the customers
i feel to make it ideal they should make it make it all inclusive and keep the standard as it is

well done exellent hotel really nice vibe about the whole place

Room Tip: pick a room with pool view if you can a corner room with wrap around balcony best of both
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank furnace123
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

An excellent hotel in most respects. Two things let it down however.
1. It is impossible to avoid the entertainment which goes on with an unacceptable level of noise until at least 11.20 pm.There is hardly anywhere in the hotel or indeed the village or bay where you can avoid the noise. The hotel information, however, asks guests to be quiet and consider others after 11.00pm.

2.The sad queueing from 06.30 to await for the door to open so as to grab the sunbeds and parasols before anyone else. These are then reserved for the day, thus denying others their use.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank john b
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A first class hotel, my wife and I have just had another superb holiday in this hotel. The staff are very good and work very hard to ensure everything runs smoothly, many of them remembering our names from a previous visit.Food is very good and plentiful. We never joined in the sun bed rush and always got a bed and a good spot, there is a sun bed for everyone. The night time entertainment was very good and the Thomson team work round the clock to entertain you. Thomson Gold no longer operate first or second drop offs on transfers, please be aware, the transfer time is now 1 hour 45 minutes. Also, due to some rich and famous neighbours complaining about the noise levels, the entertainment finishes at 11pm, too early for us and earlier than previous visits.

Room Tip: sea view is superb
2 Thank ChicandKaz
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have just returned home 20th July after a 11 night stay at Camp de mar. I booked the holiday in December and got addicted to reading reviews.
I travelled with my Boyfriend (Danny,21- some people may remember him) we wanted a quiet, relaxing break away due to us working the rest of the year- this place is perfect! We were both a little worried after reading it was mainly for over 60's well dont be fooled as there was plenty of younger people about either couples and travelling with family so please do not be put off by reading its only for older people.
Being young (23 and 21) we were worried about what other people would think but soon as we arrived met lovely people who remembered us throughout the whole holiday.
We had room 535, spacious double room with a view that always took my breath away (we both miss it very much), a large bathroom with 2 sinks and a very powerful shower (fantastic). Towels could be changed whenever you pleased just had to put them in the shower or bath if you wanted the maid to change. we had glas cups, kettle and 2 mugs- but no tea and coffee provied so take your own.
A few days in we got to know the bar staff and always had chats and jokes with them- my boyfriend sat night after night chatting about football, and I was the same as i wore a Spain shirt with Navas name on back- this caused a few conversations. I would like to take the time to thank all the bar staff for a great holiday as they made it a perfect stay (Antonio, Jose, Fernando, Toni, Javi, Gabriel, Pedro, Edu, Miguel, Paco and who ever else....)
Even though its an English hotel people were still up at 7 reserving the sunbeds- after a few days i thought if you cant beat them join them- but i didnt do this till well after 8 o clock and still plenty of beds but running out of space as people are very greedy. pool is lovely and big always plenty of space never over crowded.
we mostly ate dinner at the pool bar as we knew food was great and far to hot to walk (little lazy of us). there is a few more placed to eat such at Bagari Bar and a lttle place round corner of hotel up a set of stairs (cannot remember name, has a parrot and little dog named lucy) anyway food/lager was lovely!
On a night we always went to Javi's Bar (in Villa real opposite hotel) where Javi made you very welcome, san miguel comes in a frozen glass best drink i have ever tasted must go!!! Javi is a very friendly man, my boyfriend learned some spanish phrases and javi always learnt him more very funny.
Dinner time at the hotel is from half 6- 9pm: food was lovely always something to choose from, only tiny issue was the bread buns were like golf balls bet there was a few cracked teeth about. On the entertainment in the hotel: this is where we were dissapointed, we are not party people but the nights got a little boring if a act wasnt on, Midnight affair= AWFUL! Frankee thought he was funny i thought he was rude and annoying sang asthough he had blocked nose, Jackie had the same annoying voice. When we were there we watched Rod steward and beatles tribute- both great nights. Also watched celtic nights and the sundaes which were both good. but bother nights when thomson reps or mid night affair sang were awful. no other bar around does entertainment.
One night we jumped in a taxi to Paguera (5.60 euros)- not a nice place on a night place is so busy not for english, everywhere you look is for Germans- from bars to even the shops no english signs anywhere.
Jose the manager was always around and very friendly always spoke, tuesdays was spanish night and he gave every women a flower this was a lovely touch. at the end of the holiday i wen to the farewell meeting where jose did a goodbye speech and we all had a glass of champage. Miguel also did a dance to "Gangnam style" dressed as a horse was very funny. perfect end to a perfect holiday. I will be returning as i miss everything already!
A huge thank you too all the hotel staff and the Thomson reps for making this holiday special. :)

5 Thank KTLouise1989
Cabau Bahia Camp de Mar Suites
Gran Melia de Mar
Gran Melia de Mar
#3 of 182 in Calvia

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!