“Entertainment”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Poole
“Entertainment”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Just a short review re the entertainment, Midnight affair "brilliant " two proffesionals and the hotel would not be the same without them, The Beatles tribute band, more like a school band & murdered every song, girl from Thompson who thinks she is a cabaret artist, sorry love, that you are not,. Every one else good, shame about the storm when the soul hunters were on. Keep up the good work Franky & Jacky. Rock on Tommy

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Polish first
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have recently returned from my first holiday at Grupotel Camp de Mar. Also my first for Thompson Gold. Transfer on this occasion was good, second drop off. Check in was the quickest I have encountered in any hotel. This hotel is very well managed and it is evident that there is a good working relationship amongst the staff. The varied food is of a very high quality, together with the spacious dining room and excellent waiters. The pool area is immaculate. With warm water and entry by a concrete slope or if you prefer you can use the usual step ladders. Moreover, the pool is adequately deep at one end for serious swimming. There are plenty of sun beds, mattresses and parasols. Additional shade is available in the area used for the evening entertainment. I was at this hotel mid July on the 6th floor and never once encountered any problems with the lifts. The evening entertainment is good to excellent most nights. In addition, the pool café and the one just outside the hotels beach gate, which has sea views, offer good value for money. The Euro 15 2 hour boat trip is well worth going on. Try swimming off the back (30 mins). Fantastic. Chris, the lady who organises this, is lovely. Single rooms are situated over the road at the front of the hotel and are very noisy. This did somewhat spoil my holiday. It seems that you are unable to pay to upgrade. If you are looking for a sunbathing beach/pool type holiday then this is for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank valerie k
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this Thomson Gold hotel in the past and have always been impressed with the standard of service given by the hotel staff. If we can offer any advice to would be travellers to this hotel it would be to book a sea view room and you will not be dissappointed. The one time we were allocated a non sea view room in 2011 it ruined our stay. Having said that the food is excellent and the entertainment is good. Noticed that the cost of a room safe has increased to 10euros plus 10euros deposit also a bottle of water in the restaurant was expensive at over 2euros. We did not order any wine in the restaurant. A couple of evenings we took the local busto the Marina cost just over 3euros for both of us where there are some lovely shops cafes restaurants. We took a taxi back to the hotel cost around 7euros. Cannot recommend this hotel enough one of the best we have stayed at in Majorca.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms facing the pool are the best
4 Thank scottgregg
Solihull
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned from a two week stay at the wonderful Hotel Playa. What more can you say when the majority of reviews deservedly praise everything from the breath taking location to the friendly and attentive staff; the quality and choice of food; the comfortable rooms and the ever present manager, Jose.
If you are a night owl then this hotel is not for you as the evenings entertainment finishes just after 11 but for those who want a late night drink then the terrace bar over the road is very good.
The only gripe we had was with TUI Travel who have now turned a 45 minute transfer into 1 hour 45 minutes. They could learn a lot about customer care from the management of the Playa.

Room Tip: Majority of rooms have sea view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank henrybloo
plymouth england
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just returned on the 23rd of July from another fine stay at this hotel. Its the first time we have returned to any hotel but last year we had such a good stay that we didn't consider going elsewhere. The staff at this hotel is the best we have found with the manager always on hand at all times of the day and evening and the food is superb with plenty of choice. Being a Thomson Gold hotel the entertainment is of a high standard as were the resident duo Midnight Affair performing popular songs, well sung with plenty of comedy banter in-between.Gemma and Jason are your entertainment reps and do a very good job working throughout the day and evening. The resort bay which the hotel overlooks is just stunning so a sea view room would be best and if you want to get out and about there is car hire just outside the door of the hotel which we can greatly recommend. The only bad thing was the transfers which were very poor indeed with people waiting on the coach at the airport for over an hour for it to fill then making an unacceptable amount of stops before you get to your hotel and no rep on board either, come on Thomsons you are not going to make saving by giving such bad service so sort it out NOW your reps are getting fed up with having to calm people down on arrival. This is the first time we have bothered to summit a review but with two very good holidays at this hotel I thought we owed it to them. Ray and Janette Robins (Plymouth)

Room Tip: If you want a sea view room make it very clear you want that at the time of booking.
2 Thank aaabbb
Kilmarnock
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This has been our second visit to the Grupotel in Camp de Mar and our fifth visit to this area. I cannot add to the positive remarks made about this hotel and the resort in general. I would not hesitate to return. The hotel and the staff excell in everything that they provide. It is true to say that the resort is very quiet but that is what I am looking for. The local buses and taxis provide an adequate service into Port Andraxt and Peguera should you be looking for other restaurants or bars and I can recommend exploring both areas. There is also a bus service into Palma which is also worth visiting. I must be an old hand as I dont even bother with a city map but take one if you have never been before. We travelled on the Orange Blossom train from Palma to Soller and organised it ourselves, take cash as the ticket office dos'nt do plastic.
I only put this review on as I read another review complaining about noise from the entertainment. Well the 'show' stops at about 2230hrs and the resident entertainers fill in till 2300hrs when the live music stops. The entertainment staff ( Thomsons ) play some music till about 2330ish, then its all quiet.The entertainers play to the crowd that is there and it is an old crowd. (last year a comedian mentioned that it was like looking at a crowd of extras for the film 'Coocoon' and he was not far wrong. LMAO ) So if anyone complains about the noise they really should have a look at themselves and get a life. The entertainers alledge that the music has to stop as local residents complain about the noise, I seriously doubt this and I suspect that consecutive elderly residents of the hotel have moaned for so many times over so many weeks that he hotel management have opted to take the path of least resistance and have adopted the current policy. All that said the small hotel across the road ( the Real I think) has a small terrace and will stay open a lot later and the drink is much cheaper, its very friendly and I can recommend having a nightcap there.
What would I like. Well I would like the entertainment to last until midnight and even later once or twice a week, can the bar also stay open a little longer and most importantly can the lager be made a lot colder. Thanks.
Look at me ranting, I can't commend this hotel any higher or I would ,I will return even if I have to put up with some of the old residents and there cranky ways.Who knows I might turn into one of them. ?

Room Tip: High sea view.
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I returned from this wonderful hotel on the 20th July having been there with my partner as repeat guests. We stayed in room 435 which is on the 4th floor and has a wonderful view over the bay and pool area. It has a double walk in shower (no bath) and a large bedroom. Not sure if all rooms have fridges but this one did, possibly because I requested one though. The fridge was not stocked so had plenty of room to put cold drinks in.

Jason and Gemma were great as Entertainment Reps and there was always something to do. The entertainment started at 11.00 am and went through until the daily 4 pm quiz.

The evening entertainment was mostly very good and there is a 'pick of the 6' lottery type game every evening with good money to be won.

The Thomson guest relations desk is open most of the day and the reps there are very helpful.

Food is excellent and plentiful in a buffet style.

Jose the hotel Manager is excellent and can be seen regularly throughout the day and evening. His staff are very helpful and generally cannot do enough for you. He is a true gentleman.

It is true that there Camp De Mar is quiet at night - but we didn't go there for the nightlife outside the hotel - we just wanted a chilled relaxing holiday ....... with no kids as its an adult only hotel.

We hired a car from Fernando across the road - it was OK - just that ....... Be careful not to get ripped off though.

All in all an excellent holiday and will definitely go back ..... one day.

Room Tip: Any high room.
2 Thank panda6357
SENTIDO Cala Vinas
SENTIDO Cala Vinas
#1 of 2 in Cala Vinyes
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,857 reviews

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!