Having read some very negative reviews of this hotel and an incredibly glowing one, I thought it would be useful to try to put some perspective to the matter following our recent stay.
Firstly, this is undoubtably a good hotel - beautifully positioned, excellent food and helpful and informative hotel & Thomsons staff.
The problem. if there is one, is the people who go there! We are not spring chickens (both mid-50's) but we were some of the younger guests. Their behaviour, particularly with reserving sun-beds, (people were queuing 15 minutes before the poolside doors were opened to rush in, like theJanuary sales, to reserve sunbeds) made you ashamed to be British.
Because of the age issue, the entertainment, particularly during the day, was necessarily quite gentle. I feel I'm a bit young for a spelling competition though! The brought in entertainment was very good however
We had very good weather and I feel this has a major influence on people's views. With 24 days of rain in May, it's no wonder people were moaning.
In summary a good hotel - pity about the people who go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca