“Absolutely fabulous !!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This Hotel has it all. To start with a stunning location in a quiet resort. But what makes your holiday is the friendliness of the staff, the exceptional food .. both quality and quantity and so much choice.The hotel has an excellent standard of cleanliness, the rooms are comfortable and the swimming pool and sunbathing area are exceptional. Plenty of good quality sunbeds and umbrellas.It is probably the best hotel we have stayed in over the years.The staff are a credit to a very hard working manager.
Next we come to the entertainment.....what can I say ! They say laughter is the best medicine and there was certainly lots of that...Thanks Adam you are brilliant ! Thank you also to all the Thomson team you will be a hard act to follow! ( Dawn can tell you where to get the best Ice Cream !! )
Doreen and Dave Northumberland

Room Tip: A room with a pool / sea view would be our choice
3  Thank doreen g
Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

What a lovely hotel ..... Right on the beach, peaceful , welcoming, the range of food catered for everyone's taste, if you couldn't find something to eat I'm sure the kitchen would rustle something up. The rooms over looking the bay were lovely a nice balcony comfortable bed and the best power shower I've ever been in, the pool was heated, entertained and the staff were very good " if a group called THE SUNDAYS are on don't miss them" , you are on the bus route for Palma which are regular, your are nest to the best golf course in Majorca, there is a couple of bars around the bay and a lovely bar/restaurant on a little island across a little walkway. If you are going away for a wild time don't go here on the the other hand if you want to relax and have no children then this is the place, by the second day I had unwound and that for me is a record . Go if you like to relax if you want to party try Magaluf.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bauldybauldyone
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you want a quiet week away, with great food and a bit of entertainment then this is the place. My only grumble would be they have hard bolster type pillows which were not to our liking, and we were a bit annoyed at having to move rooms on the last day even though we had pre-booked a late check out room with Thomson, which the hotel takes no notice of when allocating your room. The pool was lovely and heated when we were there, but I believe that it gets turned off on the 1st June. It has easy access with a walk down slope. The aqua aerobics was well attended each morning and made fun by the Thomson rep Adam. Two of the shows we saw when we were there were tributes to The Beatles and Tina Turner and were both excellent, the resident duo were O.K.
Do take the local bus to Palma for a day out, it costs 4.60 euros each way and takes about an hour, get off at the last stop, the underground station, and make sure you get back on here to get a seat back. Up the escalator from the station and turn left the 2nd building is the tourist information centre where you can pick up a free map. It is a short walk down through nice paved squares to the cathedral and sea front, with plenty of ice cream shops to tempt you en route.
I would recommend this hotel to those who want a very quiet break to recharge the batteries, with no kids screaming in the pool and great food, bliss.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

An excellent choice of hotel if you are looking for a peaceful,restfull holiday.
This hotel is clean with an exceptional variety of food and no one will go hungry here.
The rooms are clean and have just had a total revamp of the bathroom with excellent shower facilities, the rooms are a little dated compared to the bathroom, but I'm sure that will be addressed as soon as practicable.
The pool is excellent and overlooking the beach which is beautiful.
The only reason I've given it four stars is because for me there is not a lot to do outside of the hotel(There are about 4-5 shops), but as I said previously it is excellent for a restful holiday.
The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The entertainment team is exceptional especially ADAM who along with Harley made the holiday extra special. Adam is a naturally gifted and funny entertainer who has time for everyone.Harley has now finished and has been replaced by another entertainer, but they complimented each other perfectly.
There is a resident duo Pure Class who are really good-The only gripe I have with Thomson Gold is that they don't bring enough entertainers in from UK.
The towel brigade are up early grabbing the best sunbeds(the Brits have certainly taken over other nationalities in this respect) but we always found plenty of beds-towels are provided free and can be changed three times a week.
There is taxi rank right outside the hotel and a bus stop approx 3 minutes away.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank chippers
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I were on our silver wedding anniversary so we had booked a suite,we booked in May 2013(13 months prior) . I am temporarily disabled and was given a suite on the ground floor,but you had to walk down 5 steps to reach it. This is not mentioned in brochures.Apparently there are steps to all suites,there was also a high step up onto the balcony. The balcony table was not cleaned during our 2 week stay.
I asked the hotel if they could organise a mobility scooter for me,which they did,thank you.
The problem was there was nowhere to go! The resort is very small and there are very few dropped curbs to allow one to cross the road, if you found one at a crossing there was not one the other side to get back onto the path so most of the time one, had to ride on the road, and often the wrong side of the road. Although most drivers where very kind.
If one wanted to go farther afield you had to walk 500 yards to the bus stop as the busses appeared not to accommodate mobility scooters so I had to hobble the 500 yards.
The room itself was fine and the bed very comfortable.
Reception and bar staff were also excellent.
The Gold entertainment team was first class although the use of the mic during the afternoon was overbearing.
It was our opinion that the idea in the restaurant was to get everyone in and out as quickly as possible. The restaurant was open for dinner for only three hours,there are 265 rooms in the hotel with most being doubles. Other hotels with less rooms allow 4 hours for dinner.(4 star ratings also)
As I was disabled I was offered a table with a disabled notice on, I did not request this. We were also then told by waiting on staff in the restaurant that we had to be early for breakfast and in before 7.00 pm for dinner. This was not acceptable to me as my medication regime did not fit in with this. This did not go down well with the member of the waiting staff. On one occasion a hotel guest removed my disabled notice from our table so they could sit there, this it could not believe! That evening we dined out,(silver anniversary dinner). Next morning at breakfast there was not a table reserved for us and the waiter took delight in making a point that as we were not there the previous evening it had been removed. From then it was always in place.
Food wise not too bad although a lot of the vegetables were too salty and pork was on the menu in some form or another most nights.
Good luck to Harley of the Gold team, we may meet again at the Yaramar in January

Room Tip: High floor facing the pool, gets plenty of sun but away from the daytime noise of the games.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from an 11 night stay at this wonderful hotel. This was our first visit and will not be the last. The hotel manager 'Jose 'should be very proud of all his staff who worked so hard and made our holiday so special. The rooms were lovely with a fantastic walk in shower and two sinks! The food was excellent with so much choice - the chocolate fountain, the smoothies, the bread and butter pudding, far too many dishes to choose from. A special mention to Adam and Harley who worked so hard in the hot weather to provide us with entertainment. I have never been on a holiday where so many people joined in the daytime activities. My favourites were the daily aqua classes which were so much fun and the afternoon quiz. I loved the "duff, duff" music as some reviewer called it - keep it going Adam! It is a fairly quiet resort but there are some lovely walks or short bus/taxi rides to the neighbouring resorts of Port Andratx or Paguera. A thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Janice W
Reviewed 15 June 2014

great location for a nice quiet holiday for relaxing , lovely sea views from the room into the bay/over the pool & nice clean beach , we were on a cruise for the first week & i can only say this hotel meals were realy excellent breakfast & evening *well done chefs & dining staff* , varied to suit all tastes & very very good,excellent room,lovely & clean,kettle & cups, mini fridge (best for coffee/sugar water,lager etc:supermarket is out of hotel go right , right at min r-bout ,end of hotel tennis court then down on the right hand corner past the chemist.. a 2 min walk) must mention Adam, he is a good motivational entertainer & entertains all day in the best possible way,fairly good nightly entertainment & bingo for the ladies .. also pergura is only a 30 min walk away , (get map off reps/check for market day (tues) ,
would i return... definitely , without a doubt

Room Tip: any at all..all good
4  Thank dafi0
1 mi away
Hotel Cala Fornells
Hotel Cala Fornells
#8 of 52 in Peguera

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!