Great location and wonderful views of the beach from our sea view balcony. We were a bit concerned when we first got to our room as it was right next to the lifts and we were worried about the noise but we didn't get disturbed once. First impressions of the room were a bit disappointing which we soon realised was just down to the colour of the bedding - it was 'orange' and seemed very dated with dark wood furnishings but we soon settled in and noticed the curtains, walls etc were all immaculate, just we didn't like the colour of the bedding. The kettle and mini fridge in the room was a bonus. We were disappointed we had to pay for the safe for a week which was unexpected in a Thomson Gold hotel and normally you can just programme a 4 digit number but this one you had to get a key from reception and leave a refundable deposit. All areas were cleaned daily including the pool itself which was one of the warmest pools I have been in for a long time. Great daily entertainment from Adam and Sarah and the rest of his team and it's the first holiday that I have managed to join in the aqua aerobics on most mornings which were great fun. Food was really good with a lot of choice and to a high standard. There was the usual rush in the morning at 7 am when the doors opened to the pool area to get a sun bed which was a shame but there are plenty of spare beds that you can get yourself from a stack of them and mattress covers. The evening professional entertainment we thought was very poor quality and listened mostly from our balcony. We would love to go again because the location is perfect with a great beach for snorkelling but we have always go AI and decided to try halfboard again and would only return if this hotel changed to AI. Nothing against the hotel and its staff etc just prefer All Inclusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca