We stayed here for 11 nights and really enjoyed our time away! The location is to die for with sensational views of the loveliest turquoise ocean, beautiful beaches and mountains. You are nestled between the hills therefore you do get the odd gust of winds (watch out for the flying umbrellas!!) But Camp De Mar is stunning. We particularly enjoyed visiting Cala Fornells as well as Port Andratx (lovely place but a bit too tre chic darling!) The staff were fabulous, service with a smile and attentive to your every need!
Our highlights were the quality of restaurant staff (Otumba, Oscar, Vivianna were the favourites) Food was great with a good selection, sometimes a bit on the oily side but just being picky! Wonderful atmosphere and just a fab place to unwind and soak up the sunshine. Downsides: Sleep! Or lack of! Doors do not shut quietly and people get up early for sunbeds.. there is no such thing as a lie in (even with earplugs) You can hear your neighbour's tv turn on and general noise if they are having a loud conversation! Pillows and beds are hard. Very uncomfortable, thankfully after reading reviews we decided to pack some of our own and they helped compensate the lack of comfort. Lovely showers but rooms lack a bit of flair, reception could also do with an update. Thomson Reps, you were chirpy, helpful and entertaining but I really felt the emphasis was on them far too much. From quizzes to games to evening entertainment, it was all a bit full on. We joined in a few of the games so we were up for it, but really difficult to read and relax properly when every hour there's an announcement and hate to say it but Adam, entertainment guru (bless you!) dominates and is very loud. I didn't go on holiday to be entertained, I went to relax. Adam is good at getting people involved and making people laugh but we could have done without the constant "I am the 2nd highest rated Thomson's entertainment rep in the world" comments. We enjoyed Sarah and she got the balance right, at times it felt like the Adam show. Also just to warn people that around the pool area, both in your room (if you have a sea view) and the sunbeds, the volume is too much at times. Hard to sleep before 11.30pm due to loud entertainment. Would suggest, moving the stage & entertainment to opposite side of pool.
All in all, we would go again but there are areas to be improved. Especially sleep quality and noise on the plus side the hotel itself, staff, food, location and cleanliness were quality. However would love to see more Spanish influences!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca