Just returned from a fantastic holiday at this resort, our room was of a good size on the first floor with a large balcony overlooking the pool and sea, plenty of hanging and shelving space and a large bathroom kitted out with twin glass basins a brilliant shower and plenty of hot water. To our left we overlooked a building site, after my initial concerns this was not a problem as there was hardly any noise during our stay. Most of the time it was the outside entertainment that we heard the most!
The food was exceptional. Something to suit every taste, piping hot and replenished quickly. So much choice, the bread and butter pudding has to be the best I have ever tasted. At breakfast they seemed to be a bit short staffed at times at the egg station and the coffee was horrid all week and appeared to be somewhat stewed.
Not much to do just outside the hotel but ideal for much needed rest and relaxation for me. This was spoilt at times by the entertainment team who gave out regular over loud announcements around the pool area, and there was no escape from it as even on the beach you could hear him as it was amplified though the microphone. Too much for me! Although to be fair, many other guests seemed to enjoy the poolside antics.
This hotel is now the loudest one in the area. Oh and forgot about getting a sunbed until after 4pm unless you want to get up and queue up by the doors to the pool at 6am. Most of them are gone by 9.30am. For me though I preferred the beach, as the beds round the pool are somewhat crammed in.
Pool towels are changed for free on Monday Wednesday and Friday at reception. Free wifi. Free fridge. Safe 20 euros for a weeks’ hire however you do get 5 euros back at the end of your stay as this included a deposit of 5 euros.
The air conditioning was excellent throughout the hotel and our room was very comfortable. Coffee or Tea were priced at 2 euros and local lager 3.5 euros.
We had a drink at The Terrence Bar just across the road from the hotel for a change, but bear in mind it doesn’t open until 7.30 at night.
The hotel, staff and food are fabulous! I feel it’s the Thomson entertainment reps that let this hotel down. I would go back to this hotel because it’s hard to beat the location, food, staff and the lovely heated pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca