Having booked this two week family holiday in February, I read the reviews on this hotel almost daily and I have to say that with regard to the hotel, rooms, location, staff and food, I agree with them all, absolutely first class. The entertainment team also work very hard, but you are not forced into joining in anything, which was great. The so call 'loud music' around the pool only lasts for 20 minutes during the aerobics session, so I cannot understand how people could complain about this at all - still you can't please everyone! The nightly entertainment was very good and it was delightful sitting outside in the evenings, watching the sun setting, with a drink served by the very pleasant and friendly waiters. It was sad to see so many people out at 7am to 'save' their sun loungers and on many occasions, these were not even occupied until much later in the day - very selfish indeed. There are plenty to go around everyone. One thing that did disappoint a little was that the beach was smaller than expected and absolutely packed. This was not a great problem as we could easily just pop down to the beach in our swimming costumes for a couple of minutes and leave everything else at the hotel. We went to the market in Andratx on both Wednesday mornings, which is worth a visit if you want a change of scenery. We also went to Port d'Andratx twice, which is very picturesque and also to Paguera, which has plenty of shops, bars and restaurants for those of you looking for something a little more lively. The bus service to these towns is very reliable and cheap. For the more adventurous among you, they are within walking distance, but take sturdy shoes and plenty of water to drink as it is incredibly hot up in the hills/woods at this time of year. An absolutely delightful place to stay and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the idyllic beach of Camp de Mar with fine sand and crystal-clear water. Rooms: Bathroom with hair dryer. Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Safety Deposit Box. Terrace. Suites have in addition: lounge. Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool. Jacuzzi. Tennis court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast and dinner buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Pool bar with snack service. Services: Car and bike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Hotel Camp De Mar
- Camp De Mar Grupotel Playa
- Grupotel Playa Camp De Mar Majorca