“Booked for next year!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camp De Mar
Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Camp De Mar
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We returned on 3rd of August and I can honestly say this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in! The food was superb and the sea view rooms stunning. If you want a chill out holiday with no stress look no further!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Dorothy L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned after 3rd stay at this hotel. Not good start though as our cases were almost last coming off carousel and when we went to look for Thomson reps to know were coach was , no sign of them other companies reps told us to look in different partsof airport but no luck so we had a taxi costing 50 euros to hotel, took under 30 mins. Drop off at hotels have now changed and can now take up to 2hrs to do same journey.
We had booked a seaview suite which had bedroom area , sitting area , 2 flat screen tvs, tea making facilities, flowers, dressing gowns ,slippers, walkin wardrobe, huge bathroom with walkin shower and over bath shower and 2 balconies.
The food is excellent with a gala evening every fortnight and even has food suiting diabetics and gluten free food.The staff in restaurant and pool café and evening bar were all excellent and plates cleared almost as soon as you finished eating .
Camp de Mar is a small village with only 2 large hotels and a row of shops across lane from it and few others in village so if you want somewhere to walk or evening entertainment outside hotel its not here unless you get a taxi to Peguera or Port Andrax tere is a taxi rank outside hotel.. The hotel entrainment finishes at 11.00pm .The daytime entertainment team are Adam and Sarah who are very good especialy Adam who is realy funny and gets lots of people to join in, some of the games are played on the beach so you get a lot of peace around the pool. As mentioned in previous reviews the sunbed keeping is silly as you can get a bed at any time in day, doors open to pool area at 7 am and there is almost a stampede to get them as some people like to sit in same place every day especialy the beds that are overlooking the beach . On the day we left we had to have early breakfast so got to restaurant at 6,05am and one man had already put his towel down by pool door and then others joined him lining their towels up and going for coffee as they waited for doors to open !
Thanks to all staff for making our holiday so wonderful.

Room Tip: get seaview room as view is beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cassie96
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this hotel gave us the best holiday we have ever had.
We arrived at around midday and were checked straight in. We had two twin rooms with sea view (420 and 421). These were lovely and spacious with great bathrooms and the views were stunning.
The food in the restaurant was delicious, always hot and so much choice. The staff were always friendly and spoke brilliant English.
Adam and Sarah, the Thomson Reps, made our stay. They got to know our names adding a nice personal touch :). The daytime entertainment was great fun and the evening entertainment was good enough :).
The location of the hotel is peaceful and quiet with a few shops. It's definitely worth taking the half hour walk to Paguera market on a Tuesday which we really enjoyed. The bus back in €1,50 so it's great.

We had lunch at the pool bar most days and the service was quick, food tasty and prices reasonable.

I cannot fault this hotel at all. A week was simply not long enough. Have already priced up a 10 day stay for next year.

You have to visit this hotel! Don't miss out

The Harrison Family

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sophie H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This has been our third visit. This hotel continuesoso improve in every department. We enjoyed ourselves so much that I e - mailed the hotel and thanked them personally as I did not feel that a questionnaire on the return flight did the holiday ant kind of justice. The view from our room was perfect, the food has gone from strength to strength and has excelled itself with the added extras, the staff continue to excel, the entertainment staff do a wonderful job, where I am not one for antics at the poolside it is good to hear the laughter that is generated by the entertainment team. I enjoyed a good long swim each morning in the pool followed by a swim in the sea later in the day. It would be true to say that it is not so easy to have a full on swim later in the day as the patrons, having been supplied with foam floating aids do take up a lot of space and we're ( not by myself) likened to hippopotamus floating in the waterhole. You would have to see it to believe it but it's true enough that's what it looks like. There are loads of sunbeds and parasols and loads of sad people ( no Germans involved ) desperate to be first. I was told that they were placing their towel's in a line line, making their position in their queue, inside the access door to the patio area at 0630. Wow, two hours too early for me, really sad puppies, but you know who you are, all I can say is get a life. However enough of me, I have posted on this hotel before and I really mean that I will return. The resort is very quiet, I enjoy this, I also enjoy traveling to Port Andrax, Peguera and Palma, so it is up to you to make the best of it.I cannot commend this hotel, the staff and the service delivered high enough, go and enjoy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SHEUGH
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having booked this two week family holiday in February, I read the reviews on this hotel almost daily and I have to say that with regard to the hotel, rooms, location, staff and food, I agree with them all, absolutely first class. The entertainment team also work very hard, but you are not forced into joining in anything, which was great. The so call 'loud music' around the pool only lasts for 20 minutes during the aerobics session, so I cannot understand how people could complain about this at all - still you can't please everyone! The nightly entertainment was very good and it was delightful sitting outside in the evenings, watching the sun setting, with a drink served by the very pleasant and friendly waiters. It was sad to see so many people out at 7am to 'save' their sun loungers and on many occasions, these were not even occupied until much later in the day - very selfish indeed. There are plenty to go around everyone. One thing that did disappoint a little was that the beach was smaller than expected and absolutely packed. This was not a great problem as we could easily just pop down to the beach in our swimming costumes for a couple of minutes and leave everything else at the hotel. We went to the market in Andratx on both Wednesday mornings, which is worth a visit if you want a change of scenery. We also went to Port d'Andratx twice, which is very picturesque and also to Paguera, which has plenty of shops, bars and restaurants for those of you looking for something a little more lively. The bus service to these towns is very reliable and cheap. For the more adventurous among you, they are within walking distance, but take sturdy shoes and plenty of water to drink as it is incredibly hot up in the hills/woods at this time of year. An absolutely delightful place to stay and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are a must.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank JoJo652014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was our second holiday at this hotel and the standards are very high. The food in the restaurant is the best of any gold hotels we have been too. Our favourite member of staff in the restaurant was Otumba, who made you feel special. The twin sea view room we had overlooking the pool was lovely, plenty of wardrobe space, flat screen tv, coffee/tea making facilities, free fridge. The safe cost 35 euros for the fortnight and you got 5 euros back. Bathroom had his and hers basins, a very large walk in shower. My son stayed in a single limited sea view room, the room exceeded our expectations and had a much bigger balcony than ours! People had mentioned on tripadvisor that these rooms could be noisy with the coaches, but my son said it was quiet. The hosts Adam and Sarah were fantastic. Adam is one of the best gold hosts we have had and Sarah has the most amazing singing voice. We were disappointed in the Production Team, the shows were very poor, found them to be very amateurish. Wished Thomson would just bring in outside acts. The best entertainment was Bobby Alexander, soul/motown singer and had everybody up dancing. Abba was good, so was Swahilly, Tina Turner and The Sundaes. Killer Queen was poor. There was a comedian one evening that was ok. We found the drinks to be a bit on the expensive side. Just a word of warning, please check you bill if you have something to eat at the poolside café. We were overcharged a couple of times. The hotel is in a stunning bay, with fantastic views. We were disappointed with Thomson for not warning us that they are building apartments next to the hotel, there were 3 cranes, cement mixers, drilling going on while we were there. Every now and again you got a whiff of a sewerage smell which seems to come off the beach. This hasn't put us off and will definitely be returning to the Playa Camp de Mar in the future. As I said before, I think this is one of the best gold hotels we have been to.

Room Tip: A seaview room is a must, the views are fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just completed our third stay at this outstanding Thomson gold hotel in Mallorca -the hotel remains the best we have visited - with the best management, best food , and friendliest staff who clearly enjoy working there and that sets the tone for the whole holiday. This is a happy hotel with people who go the extra mile to make you feel important and welcome.
There is a lot of rubbish reported about sun loungers at this hotel -there are plenty of beds and shades-however if you want a particular bed in a particular position that is why you see some people behaving shall we say like Ariens!
I have to give to special mention to the two super entertainments staff Adam and Sarah they are to all intents and purposes the face of Thomson and the hotel -they also do a fantastic job- Friendly - funny and enthusuastic and Sarah can actually sing very well!
Finally I would like to say how much we enjoyed the The 4 performances from the Thomson production team--Katie and Lisa are stars in the making.
Finally if Otto in the dining room had been managed to be as professional as everyone else then the score here would be perfect however some of his comments made my wife very uncomfortable. That notwithstanding the other staff are FANTASTIC and i cant praise them highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 mi away
Hotel Cala Fornells
Hotel Cala Fornells
#10 of 52 in Peguera

Been to Grupotel Playa Camp de Mar? Share your experiences!