“Newely renevated everything white style”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Can Pastilla
Sunprime Palma Beach
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Can Pastilla
Helsinki, Finland
“Newely renevated everything white style”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I did not choose this hotel, it was a business trip. I would not come back. I hate this style that, hey let' s renevate 80' style hotel and paint it white with Ikea furniture! The first lunch we had was amazing bad service with missunderstoods slow kichen ( we where only customers!) and I had really hard rock meatballs. Alltough after meny long working days we really enjoyned dinner buffet. But service was slow if you wanted a wine. Buffet still was a good value for money, and food was ok. Staff in reseption was really helpfull and professionals! Rooms where clean and we had nice view to see. If put my own money, I would rent a car and house with pool near Soller hills and enjoy the island. This was a old couples, germans, hotel!

Room Tip: Sea view is worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Been here a couple of times over the last 2 days. Busy place!
Food, wine reasonably priced & good! Staff always seem to be running about but rest assured you will get served!
Worth a visit even if it is to get a juice or chill out inside away from the sun,

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clairewillis73
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I am visiting Can Pastilla on a recon trip, for a large group that I have heading to Majorca in May of 2015. This hotel was not on my radar, but as I searched around, it was mentioned about being a nice hotel. I therefore decided to pay it a visit.
The hotel is very nice, and has been refurbished very well. I believe the hotel used to be call the Alexandria?
I walked around the hotel and got a nice vibe, while the pool area is beautiful, overlooking the Med.
I thought this would be great for my group. They are all adults, and this would be the perfect place for them.
I then approached the front desk asking to speak to the director of sales. I was told that they do not have one. On then supplying the front desk staff with what I was looking for, I was distinctly told, that the hotel owner (Scandinavian), only allows people from Scandinavia to use the hotel between April and October?
Being in the travel business, I have never heard of anything like that in my life. I am sure it is not a written rule, but the fact that the staff are freely telling potential clients the deal, I am sure it is the case.
They were very generous in letting me know that if I would like to bring a group off season, they MIGHT be able to accommodate me. How nice of them.
As many hotels nowadays are owned by individuals, I am shocked that this is allowed. If everyone done this, the tourist scene would be a nightmare.
I hope that someone from the hotel responds in some manner as I feel that this is so politically incorrect.
I guess if you like this hotel, and you want to go in summer, you need to be from Scandinavia!

Room Tip: If you are not from Scandinavia, do not go there. Find a good room elsewhere.
Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank no818528
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a really great hotell! Nice large and tidy rooms, with fresh and modern feeling.
the breakfast buffe is great!
The hotell is located just by the beach.
But what stroke me the most was the amazing staff!!! The girls working in the reception was totally amazing, soo helpful, friendly and caring!

Cleaning was really good and l have really nothing to complain about! Stayed for 7 nights and everything was top noch!
beds were really comfy and felt luxurys!

Room Tip: the higher up you get in the hotel, the more beautiful is the view!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Josefine B
La Orotava, Spain
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Enjoyable 5 nights over Christmas in this recently upgraded seafront 4* hotel (was 3*) which has been tastefully updated to a good standard. Rooms offer relaxing colour schemes, comfy beds, good walk-in showers, big TV, free room safe and excellent free WiFi with a strong signal. There is a fridge in the room and a kettle (no tea or coffee), also an Iron and Ironing Board. Rooms over pool offer seas views and are large and bright.

Lobby, bar and reception is a huge space with plenty of places to sit and relax, the pool is excellent and overlooks the beach with decent sunbeds and new decking. The restaurant is pleasant enough with friendly attentive staff. Food (Gala) on Christmas Eve was excellent, the other 4 nights was perfectly adequate especially given the low numbers on half board, decent salads, good choice of desserts and an OK choice of mains. House Wines are decent at 15€ a bottle. The buffet breakfast was good with plenty of choice. All you would expect from a holiday hotel.

Overall a good tourist hotel, upgraded to a nice standard we will absolutely stay again. Only downside, it is hard to book rooms as the hotel seems to be contracted to holiday operators in Scandinavia so it is difficult to book rooms via the usual online sites. We booked last minute direct by telephone and confirmed by fax as we wanted Half Board and could not find availability anywhere online. Thank you to Antonio (Toni) in reception for arranging this promptly for us.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room over the pool as these have sea views.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave G
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 31 October 2013

GREAT hotel! Decently affordable. There were about 4 different reception people helping us during our stay, but Javi was the BEST. he REALLY went out of his way to give us every bit of information we could ever need or want. So he kind of made the other staff look bad. Some of them didn't really help us much, but even the less helpful staff members were still really helpful!

We loved the location. It was ON the beach. Pan Castilla is in between the cheap hostel/party area of Arenal, and the super touristy Palma. Cant go wrong with this spot. Plenty of shops and restaurants/bars to walk to. We could walk out the back door of the hotel and be on the beach, by a bunch of restaurants. There is a scooter rental place right next door that also sold tours and tickets to flamenco shows.

So if you want to come to a hotel where you know you don't have to work too hard to find stuff to do, this is the place! We are late-twenties girls who just wanted to relax and be cozy and take a break from hostel life, so we upgraded for a few nights to this comfy spot. WORTH IT.

Each room has its own balcony. We didn't have a view in our room but still loved it. Quiet, but still really easy to take the busses or scooters and be 20 minutes away from craziness. The rooms are good, clean, and modern. Plenty of patio chairs, a good restaurant.

The airport is one bus stop away, which we worried might be annoying, but you wouldn't even know how close you were to the airport. Planes were never an issue and we were here for 4 days. I'd definitely stay here again.

BEST PART: check-out is at Noon, and our flight wasn't leaving til 9pm the day we checked out, so they let us store our luggage in the locked luggage room so we could frolic on the beach all day. When we came back and wanted to shower & change, they gave us a keycard to get in the building and use the "courtesy room" which is a nice shower room with fresh clean towels.

No complaints! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank luckieleo5408
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel formally known as the Alexandra for 4 nights, paid £350 for 3 nights which is a lot more expensive than it used to be, but I guess bearing in mind all the improvements then it is worth it. The pool area is lovely with big double beds and nice sun loungers... I didn't use the new spa but did have a look and it's great, treatments I felt looked a bit pricey as did the drinks at the bar compared to last year before all the renovations.As expected when we got there, we were the only British people at the hotel, which again is fine, the only problem is that it's near impossible to book if you live in the U.K., I really don't know how I managed to book it as I have tried since and it can't be done. You can't book direct with the hotel as it can only be booked through ving in Scandinavian countries..... Although I did book it with hotels 4u ...back in March... Anyway it's a great place, it's one of my favourite places to go for a short break, the beach right on your doorstep and a short distance to the airport and Palma... Fab......I have been to the hotel probably 35 ish times, not sure I will be able to go back any time soon. Such a shame :((

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends