We booked a late weekend break with Travel Republic to make up for the miserable British summer, and wanting somewhere without a long flight and transfer time, we flew to Palma and booked the Miraflores hotel in C'an Pastilla, somewhere we'd seen many times flying in and out of Mallorca, but had never visited. It was the "5 minute taxi ride" that attracted us, and we weren't disappointed. After an amazingly fast flight of only 1 hour and 55 minutes from East Midlands, we were off the aircraft and straight into a taxi (only travelling with hand luggage is always a bonus), it turns out that the "5 minute taxi ride" was wrong. It was more like 2 minutes! Basically, we left the house for the airport and 7 hours later we were on the beach. But we hadn't come from the Miraflores. That was closed. We didn't discover why, but we think it may have been for some refurbishment. We were directed over the road to the 3* Gala, the sister hotel of the 2* Miraflores. Nice reception area, very friendly staff, brand new lift. The rooms were a bit tired, but the beds were comfy and the room and bathroom were very clean. The aircon was included in the room price and there was a very handy fridge in there too. The only thing we had to pay extra for was the safe, but at €2 a day it was hardly expensive. If you're B&B at the Miraflores you'll eat at the Gala, and breakfast was adequate, cereal, hardboiled eggs, cold meats and cheese and lots of cakes! Lashings of tea, coffee and juice and we were set up for the day, which usually consisted of a huge walk in the morning then the beach all afternoon. Be aware that they are very old hotels, and they are a little tired, as is the rest of C'an Pastilla, but they, like the area, have a "down at heel charm" that was very quaint. The area was lovely, the beach was incredible and the paseo, from C'an Pastilla to S'Arenal was utterly amazing. I've never experienced a promenade like it, 3 miles of no traffic, just shoppers, strollers, power walkers, joggers and cyclists. You also need to be aware that this area is not geared towards Brits, there are very few British owned bars etc, it's far more German/Scandinavian orientated, but that didn't make it a bad thing in my opinion. If you want a holiday that will reward a good walk with a great atmosphere and no loutish Brits, this place may be an option! The cycle/foot path also goes the other way, all the way to Palma. It's a nice walk on foot, 9 miles to the Cathedral only took us 2 hours and was well worth the effort. We will definitely be visiting again. Maybe with padded shorts and cleated shoes next time too! Oh, and make sure you take earplugs, the main bus route runs right past the front of the hotel, and all that traffic that's missing from the front seems to go past the front of the hotel too. At times it was like being in the centre of Barcelona! But other than that, for what we paid and the value for money it was, we have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-run hotel in Palm Beach with direct connection to the Airport has 126 rooms, dining room, bar and lounge. Basic Internet is free in public areas. Hotel Amic Gala goes along with Amic Miraflores Hotel (opposite) so it will be able to use the swimming pool of Hotel Miraflores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Amic Gala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amic Gala Can Pastilla
- Amic Gala Hotel Can Pastilla
- Hotel Amic Gala Can Pastilla, Majorca