“Not bad”

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Can Pastilla
York, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

stayed there in 2007. Horrible russian guest who were peeing to pool from balcon, we had room with view on garden in the back it was ok, food was fine, close to beach. For this price we paied was good.

Room Tip: be carefull on rooms overlooking garden, some cocroach might fly in.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank AgnesLaka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Zlin, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Hotel "trinity" Amic Gala/Miraflores/Can Pastilla results often when you search cheapest hotels at same-name town Can Pastilla. It´s lovely location near Palma de Mallorca airport, opening huge Playa de Palma (more than 5 km well serviced, clean sandy beach to neighbor El´Arenal).
Amic-Gala is a central base for other two hotels, only offering an eatery facility.
That is why, the others have only 2 stars compared to Gala (***).
Last summer I stayed at Miraflores, so I can compare: both hotels are across the Xabec street, centrally located to walk to beach, restaurants, shops or bus services (20 meters). Staying at Miraflores, you should come to breakfast and dinner to Gala, which buffet is OK for me and most of reviewers. Also eatery staff is kind and helpful (no problem to let us breakfast last day more than hour before working hours).
Unfortunately, by convenient meals end all positives - pool at Miraflores is 3times greater, it has also huge sunbed terrace and number of rooms has real sea view. Rooms are similarly old, calling for some renovations but all this is adequate to low price. Also staff at Miraflores seems to be more competent. At Gala they were not able to provide me a fridge for whole week, even for 15 E/week fee! (at Miraflores was fridge in room, not sure if in all)
AC is also payed (9,- E/day). Wifi is free, but not very reliable - this was better in Gala.
Last notice: bus 21 to Airport is now 3,-Euros, BONOcard for 10 trips other lines remains at 10,-

Room Tip: Ask for fridge, AC! View: you can choose noisy street or small backyard, facing another´s balcony...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jan_Zlin
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband & I were moved to this hotel at 2am in the morning as our hotel had overbooked. We were tired & hot from travelling and just wanted to get some sleep. the man on reception was not very friendly and gave us very little info on where breakfast would be in the morning.
We got in the lift to get to our room and on finding our room at the end of the corridor was looking forward to some shut eye. When we opened the door the room was like a sauna with no air conditioning. The patio doors had been pulled together so we opened thee to get some air, we noticed at this point that the doors did not even close together properly so we did not feel too secure!.
The bed was hard and covers felt like straw...
We decided to just go t bed and sleep, when we woke at 6am and used the bathroom, there was a huge hole in the ceiling stuffed with a towel. I tried the shower and it was hanging off the wall. We went down to breakfast and although there was a fair amount there it was placed all around the room on various serving areas which ment you were up and dwn o try and find what you wanted.
We were glad to eave this. Hotel I the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Rose M

Travellers are raving about these Can Pastilla hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Was immediately suspicious when i was asked to pay upfront. Unhelpful staff gave me the wrong key to the room, had to lug my heavy luggage up and down stairs to ask for the correct key when I found out it wouldn't work. Turns out the technician had it, so I had to go wait upstairs for him. He showed up about ten minutes later and did some work on the TV while I was waiting in the room, then he left part way through the install update. So the TV didn't work after all that, but the technician didn't stick around to find out. Wifi code also didn't work. Was given no solution for this. Also found out that usage of aircon costs 9 euros extra per day. The hotel is also old and the floor slightly sticky. Also no shampoo or shower gel are provided. Later I found out the elevator stopped working, and so would have to carry my heavy luggage down 4 flights of stairs to check out.

Not worth the money. I stayed at a place in Seville for less than half the price and it was much cleaner, more modern, and had functioning facilities and basic amenities. Stay away!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tidl
Horizonte, Director de Recepción at Hotel Amic Gala, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Tidl .

Thanks for your visit and your constructive comments about us that we will use to improve our service .

Our policy is that all our guests pay in advance , the same as the airlines companies and 99% Hotels in Spain , so do not worry about that .

About the prices I recomend to come to Mallorca out of peack season the same as paying too much in Sevilla in Semana Santa if you let me the comparison .

We highly recomend to choose an air conditioning room in our Hotel in August that choosing a non air conditioning as you did . Is really worth and convenient for the price and confort .

We also always provide Gel and champu in all rooms and all days as amenities .

Wifi works perfectly in all commomn areas as you can see in our description and this service is free of charge .
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Arrived here by asking a taxi driver to take us to a hotel in Can Pastilla at 1am in the morning after an horrendous 4 hours at Palma airport trying to re-arrange our flight as our original one had been cancelled due to Air France strike. So we didn't have a clue where to go and trying to get on the computers in the airport was ridiculous due to the amount of people being in the same predicament as us.
When he first got out of the taxi outside the hotel we were a bit dubious as it looked a very shady area but we were too tired so decided we would take a chance. It cost us 140 euro for the two of us for 2 nights. The room was clean but very outdated. You needed to go through the bathroom if you would like to sit on your balcony, which seemed very strange. I had a brick wall for a view from the bedroom window and if I sat on the balcony it was a view of everyone elses balcony and a courtyard. The pool was tiny.
However the staff where all very helpful especially the girl & young lad on reception who were helping me print out my boarding passes which for some reason did not want to be printed. And the guy on the desk on the night we arrived looking bedraggled. The breakfast was continental & was lovely.
It was not a hotel I would of picked if I had read the reviews first but we were made to feel welcome and that is sometimes the main thing.
As for the area in the daylight was the complete opposite of what it was on the night before. When you come out of the hotel and turn right you are within metres of a huge beautiful beach. Lots of lovely bars & restaurants in both directions.
I would love to visit this place again and would most probably stay in the hotel whether the curtains etc are in need of replacing or not.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 215 which was next to the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tinywillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Very close to sea, clear and beautiful beach. Food is delicious, rooms are clean, stuff is very friendly, wi fi is free. Pool, hair dryer,tv,air conditioner, safe (2 euro per day). I really recommend this hotel! A lot of shops and restaurants are near by.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Juli F
Cornwall
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights B&B, mainly because it was so close to the airport as my flight arrived at midnight. I had booked the Miraflores but it was not open yet and there was a notice saying to go to the Gala. I did not get a very good first impression because the room I was allocated was already occupied (and the occupants, who were on the balcony, freaked out a bit when I let myself in).

Then I couldn't find the next room It was down a corridor that looked in the process of being renovated. The room was ok though. I had asked for a room away from street noise but I was right on the street and close to the junction with a much busier street so I really needed my earplugs because of the early morning traffic. I would have tried to get moved if I had been staying longer. The bed was quite comfortable.

Breakfast was only continental but quite good. They didn't seem very strict on finishing time either (didn't switch the drinks machines off till a while after 10) and didn't seem to mind if you wandered outside with a coffee.

Can Pastilla itself, ie the area if you go right at the sea front, is lovely and quite Spanish with lots of sea food restaurants around the harbour and a great little sheltered beach that would be ideal with small children. If you go left at the sea front you are going towards Arenal. There is a wonderful beach that goes for miles but the further you go the more German it becomes. It is said to be the German Magaluf. Most of the bars and restaurants seem to be German-owned and have mainly german food and menus in german only. Their lager louts are as bad as ours and there was quite a police presence in one area the afternoon I was there. I found a lovely biergarten (big, with sofas and a fountain)on a back street though.

The daytime receptionists at the Gala were very helpul and printed some stuff out for me.

Overall, it felt a bit more like a hostel than a hotel but it grew on me over a couple of days and I would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 24 in Can Pastilla
Balear
Balear
#13 of 24 in Can Pastilla

Been to Hotel Amic Gala? Share your experiences!