“Great location, great breakfast, great price” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Helios Mallorca
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Can Pastilla
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great location, great breakfast, great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have just returned from this hotel after booking a 4 night stay. The hotel kindly gave us our room choice, which, would not be everyone's taste as we wanted the view from the back of the hotel to the airport, not my choice but my husbands. The room was very clean and modern with a very good shower and comfortable beds. The view is not the best, my opinion and not my husbands, and the traffic noise may be a problem for some as rooms at the back of the hotel do look out over a fairly busy road. The location is excellent as it is only a minute walk from the hotel to the wonderful beach. The breakfast at the hotel was, as other reviews said, very, very good with something for everyone. The pool area is clean and on the one day we went down to the pool we did not have a problem getting a bed. I would recommend this hotel to singles, families and couples and will be returning again next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank meandmart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

From the outside, the hotel looks quite ordinary. But, what makes this hotel really special is the kindness and competency of the hotel staff, especially Mr Marcos, who was in charge of reception the night I checked-in. That night, my family and I had to miss our flight because my passport had been stolen just before the flight. Mr Marcos was fantastic, even though the hotel was fully booked that night, he took the trouble to find another hotel for us to stay that night. As it was quite late and when his search yielded more expensive hotels , he made a second check on his hotel's system and found a room he could slot me and my family into for one night. The room is spacious, quiet and clean. I slept very well in spite of my worry and stress. Furthermore, the next day, I needed to print some documents to submit to my embassy to get an emergency travel document and once again, without hesitation, he printed these out for me, in colour! When your passport gets stolen, its a terrible experience, but Mr Marcos always cheered me up with his jokes and helpfulness. Its because of the service at this hotel that I still have good memories of my holiday in Mallorca! Thank you Marcos and Hotel Helios!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica O
nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have stopped in the hotel about 3 times but we prefer the Helios apartments. We have stopped in them for the past 4 years and are stopping in them again in September. We usually have bed and breakfast but we have decided to go half board. My husband and I have no complaints what so ever,the apartments are very spacious and clean. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. It is only about 5-10 mins from the airport in a taxi and costs around 15 euro`s.You are not far from the beach [2 mins] and there are plenty of places to eat. We have been here as well with our grandchilden,who we took to the aqurium which is just across the road and good value for money. There is also a bus stop quite near for Palma.

Room Tip: Top floor if stopping in the hotel to get brilliant views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank paulinep2009
Eindhoven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Helios is a nice hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. We had a room on the topfloor overlooking the airport. There was no disturbance from the planes landing and taking of. The room was a little outdated, but it was clean and that's the main thing. Breakfast was good. There is a lot to choose from (American/English style, cereals, different types of bread and pastries). The juices are very sweet. Mixing them with water makes them better to drink. Dinner is was nice as well. A lot to choose from, big salad bar and a different menu every night. The pool area is nice, there are enough beds and the water is clean. Every night the staff collects the beds so in the morning it's not possible to claim a bed at 7 a.m. This makes it easy for everyone to find a spot at the pool. Helios is close to the airport. Just take bus 21 (3 euro's) and it drops you of at the back of the hotel (busstop is called hotel Java). You can rent bikes just opposite the entrance of the hotel (4 euro's for a full day, no deposit). There are 3 supermarkets within 100 meters of the hotel. In Arenal there are a lot of Dutch bars. A taxi costs 10 euro's (bus 3 euro's). Walking takes about 45 minutes. Tickets for the aquarium (5 minute walk from the hotel) can be purchased along the seaside for 22 euro's. The aquarium is nice to visit. Feedingtime for the sharks is at 13.00 and for the rays and turtles at 14.00.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Lieke86
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have spent a week in May in this hotel. I have chosen it very carefully, and still I was surprised in a very positive way.
It happens that reality doesn't look so good as we have imagined before trip. But this time it was even better. The room was spacious as for the expectations from the 3* hotel and furnished in a modern style which I liked. The shower and WC were separated from the room with glass walls. The shower cabin was bigger than those you usually can find in 3* hotels. The double bed was comfortable. There was a small terrace with chairs and a small table. The room was cleaned every day and the towels were changed on request.
We had a BB option. The breakfast buffet was very rich, they offer even a "diet corner". Very rich means that there was a traditional English option with beans, bacon, sausages, eggs (fried, scrambled and hard boiled), cold cuts, several types of hard and blue cheese, farmer cheese, yoghurts, cereals, fruits etc.etc. and a wide choice of sweet buns for those who prefer a continental breakfast. For me a morning coffee is very important and I was very glad to see there was a coffee machine to pour the black strong coffee Italian style from.
WIFI is available in rooms but not always the signal is strong enough to use it, especially in the afternoon. I had no problems in the morning or at night though.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in the second line from the beach and you need some ten minutes to reach there. There is a bus stop nearby to go to the capital of the island, Palma de Mallorca.
There is also a great oceanic Aquarium with sharks within walking distance.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor. I was said that the hotel is being refurbished and that floor has be...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iwonna
LIVERPOOL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Travelled to the Helios late Oct 2013. Spent 5 nights there B&B. Not far from the airport, we got a taxi which cost 18euros from airport to hotel and 20 euros back. The breakfast was good all three kinds of eggs and bacon, they even had a continental diet corner. Wifi is available at the hotel I got a deal with my booking so don't know how much it cost seperately. The location is excellent not far from the beach just a little walk down a side street and your there. The beach is wonderful it goes on for miles. Food restaurants quite a few burger king, kfc, lots of kebab places and some lovely restaurants around by the marina. The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is the cats. They just wonder around drink the water from the kiddies pool and then vomit. But the hotel staff clean it quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cags28
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Hilios recently, one thing I was amazed with was the rooms. They are extremely smart/modern and clean. From the outside the hotel may appear as a little shabby however the inside is completely different. (You really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover). The food is also extremely good for what you pay the only thing letting the hotel down is how busy it is. It is great for families but also those who like sight seeing as buses are frequent into Palma (worth a visit). Definitely would stay here again - however peak seasons may get extremely busy.

• Stayed May 2014
#13 of 24 in Can Pastilla
Nautic Hotel & Spa
Nautic Hotel & Spa
#10 of 24 in Can Pastilla

Been to Hotel Helios Mallorca? Share your experiences!