“Fantastic Friendly Pub”

Finnegan's Irish Pub
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I found this friendly small pub in the next street from the one my hotel is in. It is located almost opposite the Whala! Bahmes Hotel. I found both the bar staff and clientele friendly and they served Strongbow Cider at only €3:50 a pint - back home the same pint is usually about £3:50, not bad when you consider the current exchange rate is €1:25 to £1:00. Will be paying a visit again should I ever return to Can Pastilla which given my previous experience in Majorca is likely.

4  Thank GingerlyColors

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I looked into Finnegan's during my recent visit (begining of June) to Can Pastilla. I was expecting an authentic Irish Bar, I was greatly disappointed. There were a only a few customers, guys watching football. The barman appeared from outside (I think he was out for a smoke), Definitely not Irish, English I think - took my order and poured my pint the disappeared again -No Craic!! - hardly a word, certainly not a warm welcome. A few pictures of Dublin on the walls. Electric cable running across the floor from the bar top to the fruit machine. Needless to say I never returned. This bar definitely needs to up it's game to attract custom.

4  Thank levenlad
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very nice place near the beach. Had a great time there, enjoying both the cold beer and the company of the lovely owners. Will be back in august :-)

1  Thank HrHaugan
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Another lovely few days relaxing in Can Pastilla made all the more enjoyable by a few beers in the company of Gillian & Chris at Finnegans.
Excellent Guinness (and Irish whiskey) but pleased to see the addition of draught Estrella, one of the few lagers I actually enjoy not usually on offer in Irish bars.
Pool table, football table and sport of your choice on TV but if, like me, you’re not over fussed about wall to wall sport as in many bars here it’s easy to enjoy a drink in the front bar or on their lovely terrace.
Although I was there before the season kicks off and therefore not too busy, it was great as a lone traveller to be made welcome by the hosts and their regulars and even share a birthday champagne one evening.
More relaxed and airy than many Irish bars I have used and deserves to be a great success, look forward to visiting again later in the year.

2  Thank Les W
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great place to have a drink and visit in Can Pastilla. One block off the busy oceanfront street, you can sit on their terrace and see the ocean. Great young couple own and run the place. They will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. They have a pool table, darts and foosball. Being female, they have a beautiful remodeled bathroom and keep it clean. Spent three lovely evenings there on my recent trip. Tried other places, but kept ending up back at Finnegan's! Great place to meet and visit with some of the locals who stop by.