“Enjoyed our 5-day getaway despite imperfections”

Hotel JS Palma Stay
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Can Pastilla
Tampa, Florida
“Enjoyed our 5-day getaway despite imperfections”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Not nearly the "best hotel [we] have stayed at in Europe", but overall, we were very satisfied with the hotel and the experience. The Good: Many of the staff members were friendly and responsive; the pool w/bar had a resort feel, the breakfast and dinner buffet were, inexpensive options for dining, especially if paid in advance for the entire stay (we still preferred not to eat there for dinner every night and so paid individually); the overall value of the hotel; many easy local options to rent cars, scooters and bikes; close to the beach; the ping pong table on the pool patio; comfortable beds, air conditioner, flat screen TV.

The Bad: insufficient internet bandwidth had us connecting when everyone else was asleep (we didn't bother to complain about it); having to pay daily for using the small lock box in the room (it's like, if you don't pay then...your items are at risk?); the nightlife we enjoyed was not immediately local to our hotel (also a plus because it was quieter at night); not near our beaches of choice; no irons in the room, though available upon request (we were not offered an ironing board because we needed to call earlier in the day?); our porch view of the parking lot was less than scenic. We should mention that we do not have first-hand knowledge of other hotels on the island so we can't make any good comparisons.

Room Tip: From what I understand, the rooms in the tower above the restaurant (some have pool view) were renov...
1 Thank LivingOrange
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear guest LivingOrange,

Thank you for your evaluation and your review in this portal.

We are glad to know that you liked our hotel and our staff service and that you have spent a good vacation with us. We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. It is therefore a great satisfaction for us to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us.

We certainly aim to achieve the highest of standards for all of our guests and I shall be delighted to share this feedback with the team.

Our sincere apologies that there were some aspects of your stay that were not up to standard on this occasion, rest assured your comments have been passed to the persons in charge.

We look forward to welcoming you again and do not forget you can also follow our "JS Hotels" profile through the main social networks.

Kind regards,
JS Palma Stay Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have just returned from a week's holiday at JS Palma Stay. We were originally due to stay at Marina Luz hotel in June but had to rebook at a different hotel in September. I have to say me and my partner were very impressed with the modernisation of this hotel, it is most impressive with its lovely teal/turquoise colour scheme and beautiful reception area. On reflection, we were glad we stayed at this hotel rather than the first as it was very modern and closer to the shops etc.

Our room was all that we needed for a week's stay, with lovely, modern colours and flatscreen TV and a good air conditioning system. Unfortunately, like other reviewers have mentioned we had 2 single beds pushed together rather than a double but this wasn't too much of a problem as they were very comfortable beds! We didn't get a great view from our room as it was facing a main road and it was noisy with traffic but it wasn't too much of an issue. Plane noise is inevitable with the proximity to the airport but we got used to this and it was no great problem.

No issues with cleaning and lots of fresh towels as needed. Our shower flooded while we were there but this was sorted out very quickly and with minimal fuss.

Food wise, I was a bit ambivalent about going half board as I enjoy going to different restaurants whilst on holiday but I was quite impressed with the quality of the food. This resort did seem very German centred and it was reflected in the meals with lots of cold meat, cheese and bread but they did a great variety of food. Breakfast was impressive with hot food, lots of pastries, as well as salad and fresh fruit. Similarly with dinner there was always a choice of already cooked fish as well as fish prepared in front of you as well as a meat choice included duck, beef, turkey etc plus an italian counter of pizza, pasta and rice plus salad counter, soup and deserts, fruit and ice cream. On the whole, I found the food enjoyable and of a good standard. I especially enjoyed the turron ice cream (wrongly translated to nuts ice cream) which was my favourite of the week! The only suggestion for improvements I could make were maybe more salad choices, and not such expensive soft drinks in the evening!

The only bug bear I had about this hotel was that as mentioned by other reviewers, some hotel guests reserved their sunbeds with their towels which was clearly specified in the welcome booklet not to do. I feel that the hotel staff should be a bit stricter about enforcing this rule as no one seemed to monitor it. This meant that it was hard to get sunbeds throughout the day. However, the beach, a beautiful small bay was 2 minutes walk away which lessened the issue with the sunbeds.

Throughout our stay, my partner and I noticed that all the staff were incredibly hard working, including the dining room staff who were efficient and always served with a smile and the cleaners who were very diligent.

We found the hotel really well located, with 2 minutes walk from the beach promenade with plenty of restaurants, small supermarkets and souvenir shops. What attracted us to the area was its proximity to Palma and the bike routes. It was very easy to hire bikes from the hotel or at other shops for as little as 5 euros a day and it was an extremely pleasant way to see Playa de Palma, Arenal and go towards Palma. This was definitely the best part of our holiday. After cycling into Playa de Palma and Arenal we were pleased we had chosen Can Pastilla to stay as it was a little quieter and with less "partying" German holidaymakers!

Whilst on holiday we enjoyed sightseeing in Palma with the hop on and hop off bus (expensive but definitely recommended), taking an old fashioned train to Soller and tram to Port de Soller as well as visiting Palma aquarium in Playa de Palma. All in all, a very pleasant holiday and we would be happy to stay at JS Palma Stay again.

1 Thank Iloveproducts
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and service here at Tripadvisor.

Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that; we are happy our modern hotel and brilliant staff met all your needs during your stay.

There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you wish to return on your next visit. I do hope that you will join us again soon where I am sure we will once again meet your expectations.

You can follow our JS Hotels profile through the main social networks and remember you can book your next stay directly in our website.

Bals, Olt, Romania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have posted before about the hotel in "http://blog.jshotels.com/?lang=en" but my post mysteriously disappeared. I hope the reason for that is not that i mentioned i'm from Romania.
The hotel is generally very nice. The personal is little aged(not all) but for that fresh and young appearance of the hotel with such vivid colours i would expect younger employees (see the restaurant). The food was very good and diverse, and the hotel is generally clean. Nice pools by the way. In one word i think for the moment is the best hotel in C'an Pastilla.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Valentin T
Dear Valentin,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about your stay in our hotel.

Regarding your post in our blog, we are concerned about what happened. We have already checked all the posts and we haven't found yours. Please accept our apologies for the time invested, but we tend to think that any technical problem occured during your publication. However, we invite you to review it again. You can also follow us or post your comments in our "JS Hotels" profile in the main social networks.

In your relation with your stay, we are happy to know that we met your expectations and that you classify JS Palma Stay as the best hotel in Ca'n Pastilla. What such a fantastic 5 stars praise!

Knowing that you have had a most enjoyable stay and also that you recommend us is a perfect reward for a job well done.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon, and remember you can book your next stay directly from our website.

Best wishes form Ca'n Pastilla,
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We booked a room through travel republic for 4 nights during first week of September (half board). We requested for a double bed instead of 2 single but unfortunately we have 2 singles beds.

Despite the fact that the hotel is new and generally clean, we were not happy with our room. When we checked in (room 212) we found out that our room was dirty. There was lots of hair in our bed, a bunch of hair on the floor (like they did not vaccuum for days) and the toilet seat was really dirty (unacceptable for 4stars hotel). We told them about that, offcourse they were surprised and they said ok they will clean it. But even that they did not change our sheets. The fridge was broken and even we told them that was not working they did not fix it. We could not have one cold bottle of water during the day, it was really dissapointed. For a 4stars hotel they should check that everything is working.

During our 4 nights stay they change only once our towels and only when we left them on the flour in order to understand that we need clean towels. They did not change any sheets during our stay at all or pillow covers, even when you could see that they were dirty.
Really disappointed about room cleaninless, not at all for 4 stars hotel.

The food is really good especially breakfast.

One annoying thing is that the waiters do not speak english at all. They can understand but they reply in Spanish :). But I think it is a common thing in Spain.

Generally the hotel is clean, new and really nice, in good location but they need to clean rooms better and to change sheets and towels more often, as should be for 4stars hotel (even in Hostels they change towels more often).

Room Tip: Dirty room and they do not change towels and sheets. Next time I would try something else.
1 Thank dimdrak
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear dimdrak,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our JS Palma Stay hotel and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; I would like to clarify your incident with the towels.

In relation with the cleaness of the towels, there is a sign in each room where we inform our guests to leave their towels in the floor in case of wanting another one. If the towels are not in the floor, our housekeeping staff interpret that the client want to use the same towel.

I will pass on your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures related to your negative points.

Thankyou for your comments which will help us to improve.

Kind Regards.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked the JS Palma Stay after researching a lot of hotels online for several weeks. I always look for certain things when travelling - a balcony, a pool, aircon, near the sea and of course excellent reviews!! I got a very good price on travel republic, and booked for half board in a single person room. I only took hand luggage with me for my 5 night stay, so after hopping off the plane, walking straight through and jumping in a cab, it was literally 15 minutes from plane to hotel door!!! The hotel entrance and reception are beautiful, very modern, clean, with friendly staff! I did email in advance asking if i could possibly be in a quiet location with a nice view, as I was travelling alone and tend to have a reasonably early night on these type of holidays, when I checked in I was given room 309 in block S, which had a side view of the sea, and was away from the main bar area so was quiet at night. My room was lovely and bright, with a huge balcony, chairs, a table, and also a washing hanger. It would comfortably hold a sun lounger or 2 if you wanted to get some afternoon sun on the balcony!!
My room had twin beds, and a flatscreen TV with a few english speaking channels including films and CSI etc, a large wardrobe, plenty of hangers, shelving, a fridge, loads of lighting options and a big bathroom with a walk in shower. I was also supplied toiletries such as shampoo and shower gel, which is good to know when doing a weekend away with hand luggage only.
The hotel grounds were spotlessly clean, freshly decorated and beautifully finished. The pools were large enough to swim in, and the swim up bar added a nice little touch! There is also a spa pool with a bubble option, and plenty of sunloungers to go around! I arrived at different times of the day to the pool and never had a problem getting a sun lounger or an umbrella!
The food for breakfast was excellent - freshly made omlettes, continental breakfast as well as english breakfast options, then plenty of breads, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, nice coffee and smoothies!! On Sunday morning they also include champagne and I had a lovely bucks fizz with my breakfast! Dinner serving was plentiful, and again very fresh food choices. there is a large salad bar, a meat option and fish options - all cooked fresh to order, along with plenty of vegetable choices and things like pasta, potato gratin etc, along with lovely cakes, and plenty of fresh fruit. I especially liked the sushi bar, which had lovely little apetisers each night! The food was always delicious and plentiful. The waiting staff are fantastic, and Maria and her friends made the whole dining experience very enjoyable. A glass of wine is about £2.50, and the rose in the restaurant was lovely.
The hotel is a 1 minute walk to a row of little shops which sell litre bottles of water for 1euro, and there is a tabaconist, and the beach is perfect with lovely warm sea and tons of fish for those who love snorkling!
My only complaint about the beach is that the sunbeds are extremely expensive!! 2 beds and an umbrella is 18euro per day.. at that price I only went to the beach once as it an expensive addition to the cost of the holiday! This however is nothing to do with the hotel and is the councils fault as they apparently set prices.
All in all, I loved this hotel so much that I have just booked to return again in 4 weeks time with my sister for another long weekend! I highly recommend!! :)

Room Tip: email in advance, the sea view rooms do have an excellent view, but mine was a standard view room an...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our team and our hotel.

What a wonderful 5 stars review; It is really really exciting!
We are extremely pleased to read a review with such title. It is fantastic!

Our staff takes great interest in our guests to ensure that they are having a pleasant stay with us. We are very proud of them and it is always pleasing to receive such kind feedback as yours. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future, and remember you can follow us through the main social media networks (JS Hotels Profile).

JS Palma Stay
United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

1.Rooms well appointed, neat and nicely decorated. All wither own (very small) balconies.
2. Showers excellent wet room style.
3. Nice pools with swim up bar.
4. No parking and local street parking very busy and crowded.
5. Sun loungers grabbed very early in the day by tourists from one particular part of Europe.

• Stayed August 2013
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear strudwick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our hotel.

We are very happy to know that the recently renovation really satisfies you, specially the common areas such the pool, the fantastic swim up bar, and also the modern soundproof rooms.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed here beginning of June for a week after wanting to be in the resort of Can Pastilla but unable to get a room at the Marina Luz, without paying ridiculous prices.
Emailed the hotel beforehand to request a room facing Palma port for a sunny balcony in the afternoon and this was met perfectly, with a room on the highest floor.
Arrived at the hotel at 11:30am and the check in staff had our room ready straight away. Although the rooms are on the small side they are very clean and tidy and of modern decor. Unfortunately our bathroom flooded whilst there but this was sorted with a cleaner arriving within 10 minutes to mop up.

The one thing that let the hotel down was the evening meals. This isn't catered for everyone and I found the quality of the food quite low.
Breakfast was brilliant, with the best pastries and omelettes made for you while you wait. However the evening meal was not to our liking. We regularly went down to the restaurant to see what was on offer before going out for a meal in the resort centre. (Would recommend the Cuban Bar)
I also found the bar area to be very quiet, with no one staying in the hotel in the evenings and instead choosing to venture out to the resort bars.

However I would definitely stay at this hotel again but go bed and breakfast next time. Half board isn't really needed in this resort as the resort of Can Pastilla is lovely with not too many English tourists (how I like it :-) ). Plus this hotel is literally a minute walk to the beachfront surrounded by bars and restaurants.
I would perhaps even choose this over the Marina Luz!!

Room Tip: Email the hotel beforehand to request a higher floor room. Definitely worth paying any sea view supp...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to share your lovely and complimentary feedback about your stay in our hotel in June.

We are thrilled that you won’t be considering other hotel when visiting Mallorca!

It is both rewarding and reassuring to hear that your special room request was well attended; we do like to take great care of our guests and each and everyone on the team are dedicated to making each and every guest feel special. We hope you liked the fantastic views facing the port of Palma de Mallorca.

Also, I love to hear that you found your room very clean and tidy and designed into a modern way. Our staff is very passionate about service and the people whom they have the privilege to serve.

We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations related to our evening meal; I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures and guarantee a splendid service from each dish, as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum client satisfaction.

I have passed you kind words to all the team who appreciate your time and we look forward to welcoming you both back on a future visit to the island.

Remember you can also follow our "JS Hotels" profile through the main social networks.

Warm regards,
#8 of 24 in Can Pastilla
Java Hotel
Java Hotel
#4 of 77 in Playa de Palma

Been to Hotel JS Palma Stay? Share your experiences!