Hotel JS Palma Stay
Hotel Helios Mallorca(Can Pastilla)
US$141
Hotels.com
BQ Amfora Beach Hotel(Can Pastilla)
US$149
US$128
Balear(Can Pastilla)
US$133
US$128
US$202
US$175
  • Breakfast included
BQ Apolo Hotel(Can Pastilla)
US$153
AluaSoul Palma(Can Pastilla)
US$179
US$167
  • Pool
Nautic Hotel & Spa(Can Pastilla)
US$160
US$129
  • Pool
Hotel Amic Miraflores(Can Pastilla)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
  • Beachfront
HM Alma Beach(Can Pastilla)
US$174
US$160
  • Pool
All reviewspool barclose to the airportlovely hotelgreat spasauna and steam roomair conon the small sidedifferent themelarge terracespa facilitieshalf boardbars and restaurantsbreakfast and dinnerthe busper dayan adultsea view
Reviewed 22 June 2014

On the surface, this hotel looks great. Modern, stylish, adult only. However once you scratch under the surface, its a slightly different story. The plusses are:

Its a clean hotel, the pool is lovely, the pool bar is great (serves lovely cocktails) and the staff are helpful and pleasant. The beds and pillows were really comfy (however, I did order a double room and we were allocated a twin room)

Now the downsides, this is an adult only hotel, I think of adult only hotels as peaceful. This hotel allowed groups of people, so when we were there, there were a couple of "lads" weekends there. The pool area was therefore quite noisy.

While the pool was lovely, I think the outer area of the pool could do with a clean.

The pool area itself is small, cramped with sunbeds are very close together and it was always full. If you were not down by 9am you would not geta bed. The service in the pool bar was slow and a little chaotic at times, they really need a second bar staff on there.

The rooms were very small (and I mean small), and whilst there was air conditioning, it was controlled by management, and I woke up a couple of nights quite hot as the air con appeared to have been turned off. There wasnt any light in the shower area either, which was slightly annoying.

Because of the world cup (England match), for ease we decided on the first night to eat in the hotel. BIG MISTAKE! The food area was small and cramped and the choice was limited. There were far to many people around the food area for its size. Even worse, I decided to have some chicken. It was being cooked infront of guests. I asked the lady for some, she had some tongs which she using to put raw chicken onto the grill plate to cook the chicken. She took some of the raw chicken, placed it on the grill, then using the same tongs, picked up some cooked chicken and put in on my plate?!!? I was gobsmacked! Obviously I didnt eat the chicken, however I cut into it, and it was still raw in the middle! There was a pork stroganoff, the pork also was not cooked. I had chips and salad that night.

Breakfast was also disappointing, Not alot of fresh fruit, tinned pinapple, fresh pineapple and tinned mixed fruit is an example of a mornings selection. They did do omlettes, but to be honest, I saw somoene have one, and the egg still looked runny on the top. There was also pancakes and danish pastries, however these were undercooked and greasy.

I stuck with bread, cheese and tomatoes. I would say the food was more catered to the German market, and the hotel was mostly filled with German guests.

As it was close to the airport, you have to expect aircraft noise, this did not conern me. The hotel is in the middle of a fairly built up area, so when you are in the pool area, the view is of residential apartment blocks around you.

Having staying in another 4 star adult only hotel in Can Pastilla last year, I found I was thoroughly disappointed with this hotel. I had a lovely weekend break (mainly because of the weather), but I would not stay in this hotel again. Its a shame because it has the makings of being good, it just needs a drive to sort out afew basics......

4  Thank lovinhols
J S Palma S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello lovinhols

We are saddened to see that despite your holidays in our Hotel JS Palma Stay 4* (+16) have been happy, some points have not been of your total satisfaction. We apologize for that, we always try to satisfy our guests maximum. It seems that we have not achieved this time with you, sorry again.

So as you say the Hotel JS Palma Stay 4* (+16) is quite nice. It has been recently renovated to meet the 4 star category. The style is modern and functional. We are glad to see that you also like.

Indeed as you say, the hotel is only for adults over 16 years. As you say, usually the atmófera is generally very quiet and relaxing. But it is true that sometimes there are people of 18 yrs, that are like children. Unfortunately we can do little about these cases. Rather they themselves should be respected the rest of the guests Hotel. I'm sorry that this happened during your day with us, usually this is not so.

Your information is very extensive. All points mentioned are studied by the Hotel Manager, who sure will work on improvements you mention.
Especially we are very interested in your suggestions about the service of meals. Normally customers applaud the Restaurant service. But sometimes it´s very difficult to meet the tastes all ours customs of different nationalities, we have guests from all over the world that we must satisfy . We apologize because we have not met your expectations at this point. But I can assure you that all the information is known by Cheff kitchen too, to improve their department .

For the rest of your information, we appreciate the positives. We are glad to see that overall your time with us was good, although we must be to improve some points.

Thank you very much for your stay at the Hotel JS Palma Stay 4* , you will see improvements if one day you decide to return as we hoppe . Greetings from Palma de Mallorca

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very nice and cozy hotel with very serviceminded and happy personale. Good breakfast and good dinner buffet. But they most do something with their WiFi. Really poor. If we had connection, it was never over 1M/s.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
J S Palma S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello kjonik67
Thank you very much for your time to comment your stay in our Hotel JS Palma Stay 4* (+16)

You really are a kind person for your very positive comments. And for referring other customers too. Your information is very useful for future travelers. Thanks again

Hotel has many qualities, is very well located for beach holidays and visit Palma de Mallorca City. Also , because the Hotel is only "for adults" +16 , its atmosphere is quiet and comfortable. It has been recently renovated in a modern style and quality. And its category gained 4 stars. All this plus great value for money. We belive ,what everything makes a pretty ideal hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your well.

Hope to see you during your next visit to Mallorca. Meanwhile, the entire team of Hotel JS Palma Stay 4 * sends you a warm greeting.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am not sure if the hotel staff was all new, they were understaffed or they have some management issues but my experience of the hotel was let down by the poor service.

I found most of the staff looking miserable and tired, not exactly rude but dismissive and chaotic.
I might be a bit harsh as before arriving we spent a few days in Port Alcudia where the service in another 4* hotel was so superb that the direct contrast just seemed huge.

I start with the pros:
-Modern and nice looking hotel. If you are into privacy and the sun, get a room with a terrace (check their website directly, most brokers did not offer the room type but they have a room "con terazza" available). The terrace has private sun loungers and is big enough to even do some yoga. The terrace has also lovely sea view although only on the 1st floor
-Food choice was great although it lacked the wow effect. Not perfect but everything was tasty. The only let down was again the service.
-I am into cycling and they have a locked storage room (I rented a road bike worth at least 1000 eur so security was a big deal)

The cons:
-We got a wrong room while checking in (luckily it was corrected quickly and without a comment)
-Rooms are small (which you can live with) but the bathroom was just annoying. No extra light in the shower and you have to enter the bathroom basically sideways to have any room to move.
- I ordered a black coffee and got a cappuccino instead at the pool bar (it was corrected with a smile but again makes me wonder how experienced the staff is)
- Having locked my bike to the storage room and asking the reception for the key on the next day, one of the receptionist did not even know they had a storage room at all.
- Dinner was served from 19:00-22:00 and for 2 night we ate late. The waiter never came over to us to take our order for drinks and while leaving we were frowned upon for not having ordered anything.
- It took the staff forever to clean up the tables and you always had to look for a place to sit or get your own clean forks and knives.
- I had a bad virus and a sore throat while staying there and would have preferred to sleep without the aircon on (makes the sore throat even worse). Aircon only works while you are in the room. They did not agree to give me an extra key so that I could keep the aircon on for just an hour or two, have dinner and go to sleep into an already cooled-down room.
- Entertainment is mostly in German. If you are into some international night life you would be better off avoiding the area all together. I have nothing against Germans but on a trip to Spain I would not expect to get into a tropical Oktoberfest.

An average 4 star hotel, let down by higher expectations and ignorant service. I found only two male receptionist who at least seemed to try - one of them was Carlos but did not catch the name of the other guy ( a tall guy who seemed to be the only one wearing white shirts).
Maybe they only work for tips but I never felt welcomed enough to want to spend my money at the bar or leave a tip of any kind.

It was not a bad experience but I am not sure if it was worth the money (hence no tips). If you do not care for any attention at all and want a nice sunny terrace, go for it but do not expect too much.

Room Tip: Check out the room with a terrace directly from their website - the only reason I would ever return to this hotel.

Hello upriidu

We are glad to see that overall your stay at Hotel JS Palma Stay 4* was satisfactory, although some aspects of your experiences were not good. We regret the negative comments about the staff. Especially when normally the rest of our guests highly appreciate the friendliness and efficiency of our equipment. In any case we apologize if we fail.

All your information is important to improve our services. The Hotel manager takes into consideration all this and uses it to improve.Thank you very much for the time taken on it.

We like to see you in our hotel on your next vacation. Meanwhile we send our sincere apologies and best regards Hotel JS Palma Stay 4*

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed for 9 nights in room 507 which is a suite. The views over the Bay of Palma are excellent and the room very modern and comfortable. However we agree with the previous review there is only English news channels on the TV and with the World Cup on late at night it would have been great to watch at least some of it in English. Also we expected a TV in the lounge area.

Although each room has individual air conditioning controls the management took it upon themselves to turn the air conditioning off on 4 nights just after midnight until around 8am the following morning. When we asked why we were told it is not the high season in June although to us it was very hot at night. We found this most uncomfortable and it led to disturbed sleep. This is unacceptable and had we known this we would not have booked this hotel. The hotel should make this clear when booking. My parents stayed down the road in an apartment and had no such problem. It is such a pity that the management does not allow their guests to decide the temperature of their own room. The 5 nights the air com was on it was fine.

We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and breakfast was vey good.

Pool area is great but was very busy. Loungers were reserved with towels by 9am most mornings and whilst the management did put notices out one morning about not reserving beds which helped a little, this was forgotten by the next morning and there was no chance of a lounger until late afternoon if you were lucky even then. There was simply not enough room or loungers for the demand.

All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return provided the air conditioning is sorted out as we will not stay at a hotel without it.

Wi-fi was at best patchy. You could get emails but internet access was very poor.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AEJ2910

Hello
thank you very much for your time to comment our Hotel JS Palma Stay 4*. And for recommending us to other travelers.

We are glad to see that overall your stay was satisfactory, although some details with air conditioning and wifi were not entirely to his liking.

All suggestions and comments are read by the Hotel Manager, who will make sure you need to fix these little problems. Therefore, the information you give us is very important to us.

You look like the next time you decide to return the air conditioning and wifi not be a problem. Work to become perfect, as you say.

Our entire team we sent him a greeting. Stay JS Palma Hotel 4 * (+16)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had a brilliant time at this hotel. Room was immaculate. Staff very helpful from the front desk staff the waitress in the dining room and the lady's that cleaned the room. The choice of food for breakfast and evening meal was excellent. Would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sueclem
J S Palma S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello sueclem

Thank you very much for your very positive comments after your stay at the hotel JS Palma Stay 4* (+16) and by the high rating of our services. You are a very kind person, very pleased to see that we have been happy with us.

All your comments are positive, but for us the most important is about service.
Our team is very efficient and put all the "heart" to be friendly and provide an excellent service to our customers. Personal service is one of our core values. We are proud to achieve our goal.

Finally thank you very much for recommending us to other customers. Hope to see you soon again.
Meanwhile, our entire team sends warm greetings