Just returned from Hotel Balmes and had a fantastic holiday. The location is perfect. Re: Hotel Balmes I feel you need to strike lucky, if you don't have a room with a balcony, it would be awful, but we did so can't complain. I have no complaints only one major one that made me feel really uncomfortable. There's this young guy that walks around, demands brealkfast from the wonderful staff. He obviously works there but goes round like he owns the place. I don't know if he owns the hotel or manages it but he is AWFUL!!! Made us, as guests, feel really uncomfortable. No communication, no smiles, just felt he looked down on people.Look out for him!!!! Also there is a woman on reception that is so unfriendly and makes you feel like you are a major problem. On a good note, The bar staff are great, cannot thank Fermin enough, he is fantastic and he is the one reason we would return to Hotel Balmes, a wonderful person. The food is good , but not if your a veggie!! very clean hotel, maids great, fantastic location, small shaded pool but is perfect for refreshing after the beach. Had a great holiday, but again, watch out for the young guy that walks round like he owns the place!! Thankyou Fermin!! Would stay here again next year if just for us to see him!! Just to say, we stayed the last week in July and was lovely and relaxed, but noticed when we left was more hectic so if you want relaxation go at the start of the season or possibly towards the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel whala!balmes is a 3 star hotel that offers its clients a pleasant stay by the sea thanks to its superb location on the beach front of the Playa de Can Pastilla, near Playa de Palma. Our restaurant offers breakfast and dinner to our clients. As well as its 120 fully equipped rooms, the hotel has 1 outdoor swimming pool, which includes an area for the children, loungers and umbrellas. At the hotel's restaurant the guests can enjoy a buffet style dining, and there is a snack bar for those who prefer something quick to eat by the pool. The hotel includes a bicycle rental service. WiFi Internet connection is available in all hotel areas. The hotel's proximity to the Palma de Mallorca Airport ( 5 minutes) and the beach, located just a few meters away, make it a perfect destination to enjoy the splendid climate of our island. The City of Palma, is only 10 minutes away from the hotel and it is easily accessed thanks to public transportation. for more information on bus lines and time schedules click here.A fun way to explore the island is doing a bicycle tour on the cycle route linking the Bay of Palma with the City of Palma. The tour offers a great variety of landscapes and environments where you will discover different beaches, restaurants, cultural attractions, etc. The route from Can Pastilla to the Parc de la Mar has a duration of 2.5 hours (round trip) and its approximately 26 km long. For a map of the route click here. We hope you have a nice virtual tour and we are at your disposal for any questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel whala!balmes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmes Hotel Can Pastilla
- Hotel Whala!Balmes Can Pastilla, Majorca