“Beautiful resort and fabulous hotel.”

Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Beautiful resort and fabulous hotel.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If like me you usually go to a more commercial resort, you are in for a lovely surprise. Traditional and very relaxing we had a fantastic time and will definitely be going back. The Hotel was modern and clean...had the most gorgeous views and all the staff were extremely friendly. We went half board but you could upgrade to all inclusive on a daily basis which we did a couple of times. There was so much variety on the food and it was all very tasty and beautifully presented. The resort itself is very quiet, no bright lights or loud bars which suited us...20 mins along the coast is the beautiful es trunc beach which is really beautiful. If you want a relaxing time this is the place to go, hiring a car is a good idea but we found enough to do in the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the west side of the Hotel as you get to see the beautiful sun sets.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank clairen1962
SurMallorca, Gerente at Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear clairen1962,
thank you for your fantastic hotel review!
We have passed it to all hotel employees, due that their were who made everything possible!
We hope to have you back soon!
THB Sur Mallorca Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Be very aware of the intimidating male restaurant staff, head waiter/ restaurant manager

On day two of are holiday, during lunch within the hotels restaurant, my wife and two grown up daughters of 28 and 24 were in a very in perlite manner, confronted for laughing, whist innocently sharing a joke within the family.
Then on day three whilst leaving the restaurant at lunch time I was rudely told off again in an unsubtle manner for trying to take my coffee out of the restaurant.. keeping in mind that this was all within an all-inclusive hotel. I respected his reasoning although I couldn't quite make out what point he was trying to make.. Keeping in mind I tried to speak pidgin Spanish, mostly for ordering drinks and such.
From then on we were blatantly being ignored in the restaurant, making it a uncomfortable and awkward situation. On the last night it became very awkward because we were seeing other people coming to the restaurant and being served almost immediacy.. So
I decided to get the drinks myself, so i walked into the hotel lobby to the bar (still in the all-inclusive hotel premises) and got my two glasses of wine for me and my wife.
To then be shouted at the head waiter on entry of the restaurant in a blaze of fury stating that I thought that I was bigger than him.. and that i didn't speak to him, basically just ranting. sorry if it sounds petty but thats how it was, he still continued to follow me to my table and carried on ranting in front of my family. I found that extremely embarrassing and intimidating, I'd like to also point out we were there to celebrate my 50th birthday and me competing in the Majorcan triathlon hence my daughters were with me, so it wasn't a drunken week
Personally I h r never been treated with such miss regard in my life, I hope TBH as a company read this and stop it happening again because in sure it shall. On thegood side I would like to say the hotel was externally nice, well situated, very clean and all the other staff seemed exceptional, and thanks to then. ALTHOUGH AFTER THE TREATMENT IN THE RESTAURANT I AND MY FAMILY WOULD NEVER GO BACK AND WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ELS!!!

• Stayed April 2014
28 Thank Tuttscuts
Dear Tuttscuts,
we thank you for your comments. Comments like these make us improve and be a lillte better every day.
We took carefully note about you related, and the person you mentioned, i not working with us anymore. We hope such thing will not happen again, in the hotel or any of our hotels, because we try to treat all guests at its best.
We would preciate if you and your family would come back to confirm by yourself that such an incident was unique, and not in our daily routine.
Thank you very much your honest comment,
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arrived at hotel at 6am after 11 hour delay with RyanAir luckily the reception is 24/7 unfortunately because of the delay we had missed out a day of our holiday and could not be refunded by the hotel. The food was varied each day at lunch and tea time breakfast stayed the same most days but all the food was luke warm at best. Whilst there the soft drinks dispenser broke and the water which were fixed the next day. Staff were friendly and polite bar staff could speak/ understand little english. We had paid for the all inclusive option which ultimately ended up being that you benefited from a ham and cheese sandwich during meals (and that's if there's any left) no other snacks and unlimited soft drinks we were told we could only have one non alcoholic cocktail the rest required extra cash! The did have a local beer on tap that was included so very disappointed with the 'all inclusive not being all inclusive as it would be in other hotels'. The room was spacious modern and very clean. We stayed on the top floor (10th) over the car park. cleaning staff came here at 10am everyday so if u wanted a lie in make sure u put do not disturb in the door the night before however this doesn't stop being woken up by beds being dragged on the wooden floors when they clean. All rooms have a balcony and a sea view, ours had a small fridge however no tea or drink/kettle making facilities. Bathroom was a good size with shower over bath our bathroom had a glass window connected to the other room so you could hear and see things from the occupant in the next room. Most of the other visitors were German only came Across two other English couples. The pool area was quiet plenty of sun loungers but I believe this is because we visited during the quiet season. The pool was empty as it was freezing even at 25C sea front on either side so if you didn't sit next to the glass wall you would get quite chilly because of the breeze. There are beaches just under a mile walk on either side of the hotel we visited both. Hotel short walk away from small town with restaurant and local supermarket most didn't have a English menu so we ended up eating out at pizza place. There is a harbour near by with more cafe type places some shops were closed due to the season. There was a lot of cyclists and runners during our time the town had streets shut off to facilitate a cycling event I believe u could rent these from the hotel. Holiday very suited for people wanting a quiet vacation we asked at the reception for the bus timetables and got a map with the bus stops locally and took to coach to Palma for the day Whig was very enjoyable buses ran frequently and took 45 minutes on average. Overall holiday is very suited for others wishing for a quiet time.

• Stayed May 2014
9 Thank phe20
Dear phe20,
we thank you for your hotel comments. We take carefully note of every detal mentioned at the comments you worte about the hotel.
We try to increase our hotel standarts, and your comments are more than welcomed and will be helpful to improve our hotel services, as well as the food and the all inclusive board.
We will take note with our houskeeping lady, chef and our bar and restaurant managers, all the detail you send as feed back.
We hope you will visit us back, and certify that we work every day to improve!
With our best regards,
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Set right next to the sea, this hotel has superb views from practically every room. The staff were welcoming and pleasant. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable and firm. The public areas were light and airy. The food was varied and hot. There were plenty of sun loungers available around the pool, with lifeguard in attendance.
The hotel is in walking distance of the small town centre and the picturesque marina. In fact, there is a lovely scenic boardwalk in both directions from the hotel around some small coves to beautiful clean beaches.... lots of benches too, on which to pause and admire the view.
If you enjoy birdwatching, there are some salt pans nearby and lots of good scrubland.
Tip - This hotel, and the resort too, probably has 90% German visitors, so take your own reading material as the books available are all in German.
We would definitely visit here again as it was great value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the front of the hotel get the sun for most of the day but both sides of the hot...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank phil j
SurMallorca, Director General at Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Phil J,
thank you for your comment about the hotel! Comments like this one, makes us do our best to keep on and trying to do our best to keep all our guest happy and satisfied!
We will pass your comments to the hotel staff!
We hope to see you son bak in THB Sur Mallorca.
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was really nice stay during April, the weather was nice, and the hotel got the most amazing view of any hotels there. Location is great and all the facilities were ok. Food in the hotel was the spanish standard. would highly recommend

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Petr K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week as a solo traveller. When I arrived the hotel asked me to go to their sister hotel inland as there wasn't a room for me! This is after booking through a reputable site in very good time beforehand. A very normal practice for them to overbook here to fill their other hotel! Very upsetting and disapointing! After refusing to go to sister hotel they made space somehow but I had to keep changing room as people vacated! Be careful of eating chicken here. No hygiene standards with raw and cooked chicken implements or checking it is cooked through.
Rooms very thin walls and noisy throughout the night. Low standard of care and customer service in high season. Beautiful location and views!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
11 Thank Brightlovelydays
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the last two weeks in June. Stayed in Colonia Sant Jordi a few times but rented an apartment so seen this hotel before and it didn't disappoint for what we paid.

We didn't like the first room we was given (Overlooking Carpark just above reception) So asked if we could have another room. They gave us the choice of three & we picked the best out of them. The view was amazing. We had a fridge in our room as well. Thought we had to pay extra for it but only paid extra for the safe. Entertainment was nothing special but we did our own thing in the evening. Our room was overlooking the pool. So it was shaded in the morning & the sun was on it in the evening. Pool was cold but didn't bother my partner. You could also swim in the sea just at the back of the hotel.

We were on half board. Breakfast was plentiful & a different themed meal every night of the week. Odd night we would go out & eat. Lovely burger place in town called D2. Nice family run restaurant.

During our stay there was a swimming event going on locally which meant there was a number of swimming clubs staying there but this didn't really affect our stay.

We hired a car so visited a lot of the island but the best beach is the one just round the corner. Es Trenc.

We are hopefully going back in July 2014. Have noticed the prices have shot up though!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple