“First Class Location, Second Class Food”

Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The Hotel has a wonderful location, good design from the rooms to the public areas and a very friendly, mostly competent staff. A good place for a relaxed vacation. Unfortunately the food is - like in most hotels of this size and class - disappointing. Standard buffet food, based on poor raw materials and prepared without enough care.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank aschmittgl
SurMallorca, Gerente at Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear aschmittg,
we thank you for your comments!
We will disccuss your lines with our Chef in order to improve the buffet service offered!
We would be more than happy if you would visit us again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Thb Sur Mallorca

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights, May/June 2014. We arrived at 1.30am and received a lovely welcome by the guy behind the desk. we were offered food to take up to our room, where a welcome bottle of fizzy wine was also waiting for us. We had a great sea view as i think all rooms did. It was very clean and spacious. The beds were the only disappointment as they were so hard and offered very little comfort. All staff that we had contact with were very friendly and helpful. Location is great for very long walks along the coast and generally boasts a nice clientele without sounding too snobby. We then had an early morning departure to the airport but the same guy that checked us in also checked us out. He opened up the breakfast room where we could help ourselves to a good selection of breakfast items including coffee and tea as we had to leave before it officially opened.
What a great break. would not hesitate on returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bug65

Dear bug65,
thank you for you fantastic hotel review!
We take carefully note about the mattress, and will try to order some softer ones for those guests who do not like such hard ones!
We hope to welcome you back vey soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My second time here, choice of my daughter Nancy, and it is even better than the first time. This is not Magalluf, this is the beautiful side of the island. This hotel is minutes away from villages, marinas... The food is fantastic! And the Staff are amazing, Nerina, Juan and Maria are a shinning example to this fab hotel.
We are comming back by request, by my daughter Nancy!
@rossie7dj

Room Tip: Every room has a fab view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank J P M

Dear J P M,
thank you for your fantastic review!
It is a pleasure to have such lovely guest like you, this always makes our work a lot easier!
We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I agree with every thing with tuttscutts said about the male restaurant manager.We where all-inc and the same thing happened to us .Could not bring drinks into restaurant but could not get served when inside.Resaurant manager was intimidating and bullying.As for the rest of the staff and hotel it was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank peterturnough

Dear peterturnough,
we thank you for your comment!
We regret the incident you mentioned, and this particullar persona is not working with us anymore.
We hope you can make it again sometime, to see by yourself thta, as you mention, the rest of the staff is excellent doing thier work, and always trying to make every guest happy and satisfied!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If like me you usually go to a more commercial resort, you are in for a lovely surprise. Traditional and very relaxing we had a fantastic time and will definitely be going back. The Hotel was modern and clean...had the most gorgeous views and all the staff were extremely friendly. We went half board but you could upgrade to all inclusive on a daily basis which we did a couple of times. There was so much variety on the food and it was all very tasty and beautifully presented. The resort itself is very quiet, no bright lights or loud bars which suited us...20 mins along the coast is the beautiful es trunc beach which is really beautiful. If you want a relaxing time this is the place to go, hiring a car is a good idea but we found enough to do in the area.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the west side of the Hotel as you get to see the beautiful sun sets.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank clairen1962

Dear clairen1962,
thank you for your fantastic hotel review!
We have passed it to all hotel employees, due that their were who made everything possible!
We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Be very aware of the intimidating male restaurant staff, head waiter/ restaurant manager

On day two of are holiday, during lunch within the hotels restaurant, my wife and two grown up daughters of 28 and 24 were in a very in perlite manner, confronted for laughing, whist innocently sharing a joke within the family.
Then on day three whilst leaving the restaurant at lunch time I was rudely told off again in an unsubtle manner for trying to take my coffee out of the restaurant.. keeping in mind that this was all within an all-inclusive hotel. I respected his reasoning although I couldn't quite make out what point he was trying to make.. Keeping in mind I tried to speak pidgin Spanish, mostly for ordering drinks and such.
From then on we were blatantly being ignored in the restaurant, making it a uncomfortable and awkward situation. On the last night it became very awkward because we were seeing other people coming to the restaurant and being served almost immediacy.. So
I decided to get the drinks myself, so i walked into the hotel lobby to the bar (still in the all-inclusive hotel premises) and got my two glasses of wine for me and my wife.
To then be shouted at the head waiter on entry of the restaurant in a blaze of fury stating that I thought that I was bigger than him.. and that i didn't speak to him, basically just ranting. sorry if it sounds petty but thats how it was, he still continued to follow me to my table and carried on ranting in front of my family. I found that extremely embarrassing and intimidating, I'd like to also point out we were there to celebrate my 50th birthday and me competing in the Majorcan triathlon hence my daughters were with me, so it wasn't a drunken week
Personally I h r never been treated with such miss regard in my life, I hope TBH as a company read this and stop it happening again because in sure it shall. On thegood side I would like to say the hotel was externally nice, well situated, very clean and all the other staff seemed exceptional, and thanks to then. ALTHOUGH AFTER THE TREATMENT IN THE RESTAURANT I AND MY FAMILY WOULD NEVER GO BACK AND WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TO ANYONE ELS!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
28  Thank Tuttscuts

Dear Tuttscuts,
we thank you for your comments. Comments like these make us improve and be a lillte better every day.
We took carefully note about you related, and the person you mentioned, i not working with us anymore. We hope such thing will not happen again, in the hotel or any of our hotels, because we try to treat all guests at its best.
We would preciate if you and your family would come back to confirm by yourself that such an incident was unique, and not in our daily routine.
Thank you very much your honest comment,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arrived at hotel at 6am after 11 hour delay with RyanAir luckily the reception is 24/7 unfortunately because of the delay we had missed out a day of our holiday and could not be refunded by the hotel. The food was varied each day at lunch and tea time breakfast stayed the same most days but all the food was luke warm at best. Whilst there the soft drinks dispenser broke and the water which were fixed the next day. Staff were friendly and polite bar staff could speak/ understand little english. We had paid for the all inclusive option which ultimately ended up being that you benefited from a ham and cheese sandwich during meals (and that's if there's any left) no other snacks and unlimited soft drinks we were told we could only have one non alcoholic cocktail the rest required extra cash! The did have a local beer on tap that was included so very disappointed with the 'all inclusive not being all inclusive as it would be in other hotels'. The room was spacious modern and very clean. We stayed on the top floor (10th) over the car park. cleaning staff came here at 10am everyday so if u wanted a lie in make sure u put do not disturb in the door the night before however this doesn't stop being woken up by beds being dragged on the wooden floors when they clean. All rooms have a balcony and a sea view, ours had a small fridge however no tea or drink/kettle making facilities. Bathroom was a good size with shower over bath our bathroom had a glass window connected to the other room so you could hear and see things from the occupant in the next room. Most of the other visitors were German only came Across two other English couples. The pool area was quiet plenty of sun loungers but I believe this is because we visited during the quiet season. The pool was empty as it was freezing even at 25C sea front on either side so if you didn't sit next to the glass wall you would get quite chilly because of the breeze. There are beaches just under a mile walk on either side of the hotel we visited both. Hotel short walk away from small town with restaurant and local supermarket most didn't have a English menu so we ended up eating out at pizza place. There is a harbour near by with more cafe type places some shops were closed due to the season. There was a lot of cyclists and runners during our time the town had streets shut off to facilitate a cycling event I believe u could rent these from the hotel. Holiday very suited for people wanting a quiet vacation we asked at the reception for the bus timetables and got a map with the bus stops locally and took to coach to Palma for the day Whig was very enjoyable buses ran frequently and took 45 minutes on average. Overall holiday is very suited for others wishing for a quiet time.

• Stayed: May 2014
9  Thank phe20

Dear phe20,
we thank you for your hotel comments. We take carefully note of every detal mentioned at the comments you worte about the hotel.
We try to increase our hotel standarts, and your comments are more than welcomed and will be helpful to improve our hotel services, as well as the food and the all inclusive board.
We will take note with our houskeeping lady, chef and our bar and restaurant managers, all the detail you send as feed back.
We hope you will visit us back, and certify that we work every day to improve!
With our best regards,