This is my first time here in this resort. I stayed in this lovely resort with my wife and 6 years old daughter. I booked it via the hotel website and it was quite comfortable. We stayed there 11 days in second half of July 2012 The main reason to choose area of Colonia Sant Jordi was Es Trenc beach and based on the reviews Blau Colonia Sant Jordi resort (hotel) seemed to be right option. Anyway, I was not sure what to expect from the hotel.
Generally, the layout of the hotel is great. Gardens with small ponds were really nice. We stayed in the block 4 on the first floor, it was quite place and were not disturbed by potential noise. We had a suite (family room). The room was spacious with nice decor. Terrace was excellent. During our stay I found out some minor drawbacks in our room (4116):
- sofa bed - was not functional if you wanted to convert to bed ( make it wider) - I did not complain because I utilised it in narrower version, it was still comfortable for me
- we discovered some very small ants (red ones) in room
- when you wanted to take shower morning or just wash hands ( 7 a.m) - it took from 5 minutes to 15minutes to leave water running to get normal water temperature. The water was too hot, unusable for normal hygienic needs.
- the TV set is outdated, there should be some improvement. The majority of TV programmes were for German speaking people and rest were Spanish ones. There is really lack of English speaking programmes (just one, I think CNBC Europe)
- Air conditioning in suite room consisted of two units, unfortunatelly without remote controls, it was anoying to turn it off geting up from the bed late evening.
I would like to comment also "cofee issue" in pool area and in the hotel. It is realy true that cofee is tastless, my wife was dissapointed. There must be improvement. We went for cofee to the port side of Colonia Sant Jordi and it was perfect with high quality.
Breakfest and dinner was very good quality even if it was buffet style. Selection of fruits and salads was excellent. The staff serving in the hotel restaurants was helpfull and friendly. They were speaking predominantly German, of course Spanish as well. Rest od staff was extremelly polite and friendly.
Despite the fact that almost each occupant was from German speaking countries and I felt like I was in Germany or Austria, they deserve respect. There were so many families with children, very polite and friendly.
Animation team worked really hard and I have to appreciate their effort even if I am not fan of this kind of entertainment. The hotel provides shuttle bus to beach Es Marques that is adjacent to Es Trenc. It takes about 20 minutes to get there by walking. We combined hotel shutlle bus or we used rental car to get to Es Trenc. All of the children liked cats close to entrance to the restaurants (loby bar).
I liked the hotel, I would definitelly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort is located on one of the most beautiful and well-preserved beaches in Mallorca, Es Trenc. Our hotel is built on 8 hectares of land. Colonia Sant Jordi Club offers 192 double rooms and 203 family suites spread out over two to three storey buildings.Numerous patios, tranquil gardens, fountains and beautiful lakes are located throughout the premises of Colonia Sant Jordi. Children will enjoy the large pine forest and special facilities designed especially for them. Discover our wide range of leisure and sports activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Club Hotel Colonia De Sant Jordi
- Colonia Sant Jordi Hotel
- Colonia Sant Jordi De
- Blau Colonia Sant Jordi Resort & Spa Colonia De Sant Jordi, Majorca