“Great stay nothing to fault.”

Econotel Kensington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Just come back from a stag do (april 14) of which we stayed for a week. Was great location with both beach and clubs 2 minute walk.
Not recommended if you want complete quiet but was able to sleep each night with no problems.
Staff are friendly though you may have to slow your english down for them to understand, but overall clean and tidy with nothing to fault.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Myself and my daughter booked for her and her 3 friends to stay here this weekend Fri - Sunday.... we booked it Tuesday 10th and got written confirmation by email after which we proceeded to book the flights. Today (Fri 13th) at approx 11.30am we get an email to say infact there had been a problem and the manager didn't have any rooms for them so they had nowhere to stay !!! Their flights were at 5.30pm and the manager thought that this was enough notice. He said he would see if he knew of any rooms for them and might know b4 4pm which is after check in time for the flights, he said it wasn't actually his problem and basically said tuff .. I had read the reviews and was reluctant to use this hotel but decided to go for it on the basis that its only 2 nights, whats the worst that can happen? well, the worst is no actual room! I wouldn't advise anyone to book here and be safe in the knowledge that they actually had a room for their holiday.......... I just wish I had gone with my instinct in the first place and closed the page and booked somewhere else

Room Tip: Pot Luck if you will actually get a room !
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank gailj75
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Myself and my friends stayed in this hotel/apartments the last 7 days September the first 3 of October, we were not expecting luxury at all because we each paid £200 for 10 days flights/hotel and transfers so we can't really complain. When we got there we paid a deposit for keys I think it was, and we were shown out rooms the rooms where really big and had enough sleeping space for 5/6 people in each room and had a balcony, kitchen/ cooking facilities which where all clean! The hotel is not 5* because that is really not what it is but it is a good hotel for a cheap get away! There is no pool but you are able to use the pool in the hotel Teix around the corner which was good, the hotel is across from poco loco I think it is and it is above a shop (where you can buy anything which is so handy) it's a stone throw away from the top of the strip which was perfect for us! We had such good fun on this holiday and we got what we paid for! On the last day we managed to lock ourselves out of our room with 2 hour to pack our cases and get to the airport the woman that owns the hotel her knowledge of English was pretty terrible we seen her once the whole 10 days we were there! Haha but yeah we locked ourselves out and she had to get someone to come cut a key to get in etc we ended up with 30 mins to get sorted for airport, by the end of it one of our short and skinny friends was able to reach in for the mop and lift it and hit the handle and open the door so all that for nothing, she continued to keep 30 euro of the 100 euro deposit due to paying the man to come out and cut keys! Typical! All and all good fun cheap and cheerful! Would go back if was on a budget!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ibizaajb
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Awesome.stopped here as part of a stag party place was clean and had Aircon with double glazed veranda over looking all the action,kept the place cool too if you keep doors shut a major releif after you bin on a session;)sometimes the owner need a shout or a search if you got any problems which can be a ball ache during checking in but may be a 1 off in my case.close too the strip and a stone throw from the beach maybe 200 hundred meters? can go from madness on the strip to a laid back family resort in in 5 minutes walk either way highly recommeneded for stag lads ladys hen or a hardcore couple and its cheap as chips.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, very big and spacious rooms... Relatively clean and safe , over all great value for money. Would return for budget holiday... Lady owner was very helpful.... Ear plugs recommended for sleeping as new club opened up next door.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank obrien22cit
Reviewed 20 May 2013

So, having read the good reviews and awful reviews i'm leaving a review that agrees with the good reviews!

Loacation - This hote is at the end of the night spot strip and at the start of the foos strip. Its a 2 minute walk from the beach and a 30 second walk to start your night off!

Room Size - For the money we paod i expected bed / living room / kitchen all in 1 space but not here, there is a kitchen seperated by along hall wal with a bedroom off the hall which sleeps 2 and has a spacious bathroom, The hall then leads into a sitting area with a further 2 beds and then onto the balacony.

Value - Excellent!

Tips - when it comes to the owners / managers most of the reviews are accurate where they want a £20 deposit per person which was returned at the end, but who wouldnt, it would just be nice if it were mentioned before!

Their english is poor but very infrequent contact needed

No reception - some people see this as a bonus ;)

All in all i would 100% return here great location perfect size and great value!

May 14th 2013

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jamie j
Reviewed 12 May 2013

there was a group of 5 girls, we arrived at around 6pm and found reception to be a cupboard and the most unfriendly woman or man I have ever met in my life!!! on the 2nd night my apartment was robbed no sign of break in, door locked up again after took all my euros, nice guy from bar next door explained there was a gennel down the back of the hotels lucky lucky men wait there and when you go out get a key off the woman and rob your room. i asked the woman to ring the police for me she point blanked refused how rude can you get.Horrific. we all packed our stuff and were all in one room as we were moving to a different hotel and the bloody person who robbed me had the nerve to open the door nick my phone and leave my simcard the cheek!! a friend left her straighteners in the room as she had the key to the room still and the woman was throwing her straighteners in the bin. what the cheek of her. all in all the worst experience of my life the rubbish in my bin gets treated better than people here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends